Hello All!

Rip Cobra here from 1996...maybe my band was lifted from the forums...if so. REJOICE! I can actually talk to you all again!

Comments

• Give us the background on how you got two names. What's the crazy thing you've ever seen in Achaea (being the 5th? character ever created).
  • Welcome back Rip, try not to drink and burn your bridges again this time.
  • but is he ripped?
  • Puxi,

Surprisingly...I can't believe I am here. Sorry for all my mishaps. I will do better and keep the peace here on the forums...

Why do I have two names (fair question)...such a long story but to sum it up, my original name is "Cobra" that conflicted with some game code (after I was dormant for 12 years) which was due to that Shadowsnakes summoning "Cobras" which lead to my character name in game to be corrupt, not being able to be targeted correctly, nor could anyone "talk" to me personally.  Many people told me to abuse this power but I found it a weak point of gameplay and asked the "Gods/Admin" to correct it. The only solution they could come up with is to change my name (Which I disagreed with greatly and asked for a mere 20k  in credits ((which they did not give me)) to change my name....They instead gave me 500 credits.

There was a day in my life here as an Achaean when I was told I need to change my name in order not to have any more bugs conflict my character (The Gods took this as a mere name change...I took it as a personal offense and loss of all that I have built as the 2nd serpent/founder for the Shadowsnakes)....Sooo...Very short story later. I cried my eyeballs out as the "Gods" changed my name to Kobra...Which I totally hated...and I told the "Gods" I was set on a new name already.  Which was "Rip", I asked them to change my name to Rip, not KKobra, Kobra, or whatever else they suggested....

They were very kind and prompt to swap my name instantly to RIP. After all that I took the surname of Cobra...and now..and forever my new name is "Rip Cobra".  Rest In Peace, Cobra.  So I remember the day I died. Tecton was kind enough to give me two honours. Rip and Cobra.  Which is why I have two names and two honours.

Minifie, please do not harass me nor tease me. I really don't take my name being changed lightly and I hope none of you have to go through what I did. I am glad the admins found a great work around and we are all happy, I really dig my name as Rip Cobra...When you read it know that it's when I died. Thank you for reading and understanding, I myself and the creators did our best to solve a problem as quickly as possible.

Yours Truly,
    Rip Cobra.

• edited May 2018
    Rip said:
    Puxi,

Surprisingly...I can't believe I am here. Sorry for all my mishaps. I will do better and keep the peace here on the forums...

Why do I have two names (fair question)...such a long story but to sum it up, my original name is "Cobra" that conflicted with some game code (after I was dormant for 12 years) which was due to that Shadowsnakes summoning "Cobras" which lead to my character name in game to be corrupt, not being able to be targeted correctly, nor could anyone "talk" to me personally.  Many people told me to abuse this power but I found it a weak point of gameplay and asked the "Gods/Admin" to correct it. The only solution they could come up with is to change my name (Which I disagreed with greatly and asked for a mere 20k  in credits ((which they did not give me)) to change my name....They instead gave me 500 credits.

There was a day in my life here as an Achaean when I was told I need to change my name in order not to have any more bugs conflict my character (The Gods took this as a mere name change...I took it as a personal offense and loss of all that I have built as the 2nd serpent/founder for the Shadowsnakes)....Sooo...Very short story later. I cried my eyeballs out as the "Gods" changed my name to Kobra...Which I totally hated...and I told the "Gods" I was set on a new name already.  Which was "Rip", I asked them to change my name to Rip, not KKobra, Kobra, or whatever else they suggested....

They were very kind and prompt to swap my name instantly to RIP. After all that I took the surname of Cobra...and now..and forever my new name is "Rip Cobra".  Rest In Peace, Cobra.  So I remember the day I died. Tecton was kind enough to give me two honours. Rip and Cobra.  Which is why I have two names and two honours.

Minifie, please do not harass me nor tease me. I really don't take my name being changed lightly and I hope none of you have to go through what I did. I am glad the admins found a great work around and we are all happy, I really dig my name as Rip Cobra...When you read it know that it's when I died. Thank you for reading and understanding, I myself and the creators did our best to solve a problem as quickly as possible.

Yours Truly,
    Rip Cobra.
    In this context, ripped means buff, muscular, well toned :/.
  • What about my second question?!
  • Hey you! 

• Ironically when the renaissance happened cobras were they only snake to go away, so you should be able to change your name back now.
  • Nope

The game automatically stops names from being created that are existing probeable things in the game, like Cookie, or Cohosh, or Crab..

There are still cobras in the game on Zanzibaar..
  • Dunno why having your name changed was such a big deal that you feel like Minifie was harassing you by making a light jest. Hell, it wasn't even implying anything negative towards you or your names. Seems like you take a namechange way too seriously.
  • To quote Rhivona quoting Minifie: let's not reinstigate please

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4326/my-name-is-cobra
  • That thread is even funnier than this one. Lol'd hard.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Anyone else find it punny that the full name Rip Cobra is also like it's own death tribute?: R.I.P. Cobra.

• I think he just said he did that on purpose, didn't you read his explanation?
  • Cailin said:
    I think he just said he did that on purpose, didn't you read his explanation?
    most people troll rip without reading what he actually says. Its nothing new. They find him a bit weird forgetting that we play a niche game where people spend 300.00 bucks on a single arty....Rip isnt weird compared to that but by all means guys bully your player base for cheap laughs. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Kresslack said:
    Anyone else find it punny that the full name Rip Cobra is also like it's own death tribute?: R.I.P. Cobra.
    Tbh I thought it was a tribute to legendary film actor Rip Torn 

God bless, you magnificent bastard 

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Just glad to be back on the forums really. Feels good, I will be on my best behavior. I get it a name change is no biggie.  It's nothing really. Anyways. Yeah...It's been fun. Tease and jest please, I love it all!

• Rip said:
    Just glad to be back on the forums really. Feels good, I will be on my best behavior. I get it a name change is no biggie.  It's nothing really. Anyways. Yeah...It's been fun. Tease and jest please, I love it all!
    Does this mean we can Rip into you now?