Deposit Boxes/Vaults

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
An idea I've been rolling around in my head the last couple of days, but have been too tired or absentminded to post it, is in regards to banks potentially offering the services for deposit boxes and/or vaults.

The option for annual and bi-annual fees to maintain the box or vault, with boxes being an affordable route and vaults being somewhat more expensive (but offering greater storage).

Rough pitch of the breakdown:

- Small Box: Holds up to 5 items.
- Medium Box: Holds up to 15 items.
- Large Box: Holds up to 25 items.
- Vault: Holds up to 50 (or even 100) items.

Access to these could be done with a key or some other means. Personally I'm in favour of keys because it would be nice if they were used for something other than shopkeeping and offer a little bit of risk, as anyone with the key could collect the box and the contents therein.

Tired, so that's all I've got for now, but I'm sure there are a lot of potential ways this could be done. Perhaps have an option for items stored to have stasis, either by default or as a feature available for a surcharge.

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Kresslack said:
    An idea I've been rolling around in my head the last couple of days, but have been too tired or absentminded to post it, is in regards to banks potentially offering the services for deposit boxes and/or vaults.

The option for annual and bi-annual fees to maintain the box or vault, with boxes being an affordable route and vaults being somewhat more expensive (but offering greater storage).

Access to these could be done with a key or some other means. Personally I'm in favour of keys because it would be nice if they were used for something other than shopkeeping and offer a little bit of risk, as anyone with the key could collect the box and the contents therein.

Tired, so that's all I've got for now, but I'm sure there are a lot of potential ways this could be done. Perhaps have an option for items stored to have stasis, either by default or as a feature available for a surcharge.
    You can buy a chest in the SOW with a 50 item capacity that only the owner can open already.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    That....I did not know.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Kresslack said:
    That....I did not know.
    There is also a display case with less capacity, that can show off items that only the owner can take from but the chest does not show items and has better capacity. There is also a plinth with a one item capacity specifically meant for showing off very special items. I didn't think you knew since you were gone so just letting you know!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kayeil said:
    Kresslack said:
    That....I did not know.
    There is also a display case with less capacity, that can show off items that only the owner can take from but the chest does not show items and has better capacity. There is also a plinth with a one item capacity specifically meant for showing off very special items. I didn't think you knew since you were gone so just letting you know!
    Thank you! I need to check these out for sure.

• Kresslack said:

We had something like this in Gem. General population lockers ,and then larger lockers at our "houses" (which were created on the fly by groups of people but had locations and other perks.)

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Displaycases are great I think I’m up to 14; be warned that the things still decay inside.