Freebie sketches v2!

Hi there! I used to have an old thread with freebie sketches I'd offer up every so often, a couple years back.

I don't want to bring that specific artwork back from the grave but I do have an offer and idea! Every time I post in here with a link to my streaming channel, I'll take some freebies! You can stay for a little bit, and I'll only take them for x amount of time per post.

I'm going to stop taking requests at around 4:30PM MST (mountain time). It's about 4PM right now! (And don't worry, I'll try to post frequently for more opportunities)

That being said let's draw! Here is my picarto streaming channel.

I did have a Twitch and still do, but my bandwidth is garbage.  :'( 

Here's a few samples! (They won't be as finished, but hey, it's free art.)

I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
discord: aciidwire#5240
Please check out my new art page!

Comments

• Oh yeah, if you want to participate, you need to post here with a reference or two, and maybe a preferred expression! :)

• edited April 2018
    She is a Human. She is rather tall for her race, reaching a few inches over six feet. Her midnight hair is cut unevenly, her left side resting on her shoulder, while it is cut so it meets the right side just below her ear, with the hair descending from her scalp as the sides of her head are shaved bare. Her eyes are upturned in shape, with deep jade and milky colouring, with long, thick lashes for protection. Her nose is sharp and petite, positioned just above two thin,scarred lips. Her shoulders slump in a posture not of indomitability, but of sinister intent. Her bosom is that familiar of her race, notable in size but stored away behind layers of clothing and armour. Her long, spindly arms end with wicked long fingers, each accented with a long, sharp nail, painted in alternating hues of crimson and onyx. Her left arm is horrifically scarred, parts of the flesh dissolved or completely missing. A curious scar rests on her neck, broken apart by a searing escarbuncle brand, a sign of her eternal service and loyalty to the Malevolent Lord.
    Anything is fine really, going to watch now ^_^
  • AAhhh, I'll extend it until 5PM!

• edited April 2018

He is a human, a thick and muscular young man who stands about six and a half feet, with brown skin not unlike the color of chocolate. Slightly upturned and heavily-lidded, his light brown eyes sit below angled brows. The man's lips are thick and rather shapely. His visage is crafted from sharp angles and lines, with a chiseled jawline that tapers to a strong chin. The sides of the man's dark hair has been shaven low, while the top remains in longer, twisted locks. His sideburns extend into a beard that covers his cheeks and chin, with a small space disconnecting his beard from his mustache. An ugly brand of an escarbuncle pulses on the skin of his left forearm. 

His hairstyle, if needed: http://hairdrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/short-male-fade-haircuts-and-dreads.jpg

Preferred expression: Nonchalance. He is a very calm and chill sort of fellow.

• EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    edited April 2018
    [spoiler]He is a graceful tsol'aa of close to average size. Fathomless, upturned eyes pierce out from within a stern countenance, the charcoal orbs outlined with kohl tracery that spreads outward in elaborate swirls. A portion of his straight, dark hair has been tied into a bun and secured with a hairpin, leaving most of it free to flow just past his shoulders and keep his ears uncovered. His clothing shifts easily with his movement, the sleeves of his robes covering his hands when his arms are unbent, his cloak never trailing on the ground when he is standing. Where visible, his pale skin displays only the faintest hint of a tan. Reinforcing the ageless features of his race, his posture remains ever upright. [/spoiler]

smirking or grinning, wears cherry blossom-embroidered white robes normally, hairpin is onyx.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Aaand requests are closed for 4/25/18!!

• Ah, damn I was napping! Looks good, thanks for contributing!!

• @Brenex I'll post in this thread another day! I don't wanna overwhelm myself :)

• I'll be opening up freebies today at 4:30PM MST! Slots will be open for 45min and will become available to post for when I post the link! :) 

Before then, I will finish Ellodin's and Princeton's! 

• Holy shit.

Somebody actually lives in MST. 
  • MST or MDT?
  • I'm jelly, I work in about 10 mins!

• XaeXae
    edited April 2018

Requests open!! Here is my picarto channel!

Be sure to post an expression you want them to have, your desc, and any reference photos available!!

Here is who I have on the list while I finish a USD commission:
    1) Princeton
    2) Ellodin

Requests close at 5:15PM!

• edited April 2018
    He is a frog-like grook, standing with a military presence and authority. His arms and legs are
    padded with a thick layer of heavily built muscle that lies beneath his slick, ash-hued skin. 
    Three wickedly incised scars run down the left side of his face, cutting a path from his 
    forehead across his eyes and down his cheek. His eyes, bulbous orbs of pure crimson, gaze 
    menacingly upon their surroundings with a look of contempt. Seared into the smooth flesh of his 
    neck is the blistered brand of a Mhaldorian slave, a crude escarbuncle within a border. A thin 
    layer of near-translucent webbing spans the gaps between his charred fingers, accompanied only 
    by a series of bloodstained claws affixed to the end of each digit. Blistered patches of half-
    melted and blackened skin make their way up from his hands and forearms to his shoulders, where they terminate below his neck.

Expression : Contempt/Disgusted! :smiley:

He wears black robes, a cloak with a burning forest on it, and an daemon/imp skull on a chain around his neck. If that matters at all. 

Your work looks great! I don't know how you artist people do it

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited April 2018
    She is a winged atavian as evidenced by the massive black wings sprouting off her back. Hers is the strange combination of the severe, crisp features of northern people and the predominantly dusky colour of warmer climates. Decidedly more handsome than pretty, her short frame lacks much in womanly curves, made instead hard and fit by the extended practice of swordsmanship. Her lips too are thin and unremarkable, and her ivory white hair is bound with a length of black ribbon in a long, austere ponytail. Her amber gaze, hobbled by a missing right eye, is nonetheless piercing, the empty socket unashamedly uncovered. Not much else is immediately remarkable about her, though upon her skin sit a variety of mementos, the most notorious being a burn scar on her left cheek in the shape of an escarbuncle within a border. A rune that looks like something out of your nightmares has been sketched onto her (kena: fear).

Expression: Wry/Faint smile.

She is currently wearing an off-the-shoulder blouse trimmed with flur and a oval pendant hung from a chain around her neck. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• She is a winged atavian whose lithe and athletic form appears small and petite at first glance. This atavian female only stands at a height of five feet and four inches but the way she holds herself  makes her seem smaller than she actually is. Bronzed skin encases her supple frame, however, the silky flesh shimmering with a burnished hue. High cheek bones give character to her regal appearance whilst the darkened freckles decorating her skin speak magnitudes of time spent outdoors. Seductively lidded with long lashes are fiery almond-shaped orbs, the irises mimicking a frozen pool of crystal clear, blue water. A small button nose sits just beneath and overshadows her pleasantly plump lips. Wispy strands of hair stick haphazardly from the top of her head, the locks cut indiscriminately and unevenly at her shoulders, hinting at being shorn off with some sort of edged weapon. The strands are stained a bright and vibrant auburn, with a golden undertone hiting at the natural hair colour beneath. Her frame is that of a well-rounded hourglass figure, her bust tapering before filling out with her hips and flaring you to dainty legs and slender arms, almost hiding the toned cords of muscle that wind their way across her bronzed flesh. Inked along her wrist is a simple triquetra entwined around the outline of a small sea turtle. Extending from her shoulder blades are a pair of creamy golden-coloured wings.

Expression: Serious, but whimsical

She is currently wearing a crimson and black sari, black lacquered sandals inlaid with nacre, fingerless gloves of knitted black mesh, and a branch-like bracelet with opal petals.

(Party): Puxi says, "Look at the Chancellor with those deathblows. She refills shops but she will also whoop your ass."
    Nazihk grabs you and twirls you about in utter glee.

• Description in spoiler. I hope I get a chance to watch you work. :)

She is a human, a slender girl of medium height. Curly nut-brown hair falls in a long braid behind her pleasant face. Clear blue eyes sit atop a button nose, covered in freckles. Her smile is wide and winsome.

* dress

A light blue in colour, like that of a clear blue sky, this dress reaches down to the wearer's knees. Two slits run up the outside of either leg, finishing several inches short of the wearer's thighs. The cotton has been layered to have a bit of extra thickness, presumably for warmth and protection. A pocket, several inches deep and fitted with an ivory button carved to resemble a daisy, is on the right side of the dress, going from just above the waistline down to where the slit begins. Short sleeves extend down the wearer's arms to a few inches below the elbows. A tasteful V-shaped neckline dips down the front of the dress, revealing a stylish ivory like cloth to add a bit of class to the dress. The ivory cloth stops mid-way down the wearer's chest where it meets a tie that secures the piece closed, making the ivory cloth effectively look like an undershirt.

(also wears breeches and boots, as the dress is only knee length and has slits)

* necklace (choker)
    A wide white ribbon is tied closely around the neck, from which hangs a round silver pendant. The silver has a soft, brushed finish that complements the shimmering white satin. A stylised dolphin leaping joyously from the waves is etched into the silver, the cuts brightly polished so the image stands out against the lustrous metal.

Expression: She has an open, engaging expression but please not flirty. Just friendly.
  • Aaand closed for 4/30!

• Stream is off! My bandwidth can barely handle two computers :cry:

Next on the list!

1) Taryius
    2) Shirszae
    3) Ayja
    4) Cailin

• god damn @Ellodin is a babe. . .
  • Nazihk said:
    Holy shit.

Somebody actually lives in MST. 
    Colorado!

• One day I'm going to be here at the right time for your fantastic art! Love your sketches. <3
  • Me too! I check back every day! 
  • @Nataliia @Truax @Brenex

I typically run them around 6:30PM EST (4:30 my time) if I'm not working my later schedule :) As long as you post within the 30-45min time frame of when I post my picarto link, you'll definitely snag a freebie. 

• Your art is amazing! Keep up the great work  :)
  • Sorry for the delay in freebies! Life's been pretty hectic and I've been working on commissions I've had for a couple months. They'll resume in a couple weeks!