Two years late but here is that 1000 credit rampage I promised.

Greetings Sapience!
Do you yearn to prove your indomitable Strength? Are you confident in
your skills, earned from endless bouts in the arena and on the field? Do
you seek fame and glory while bathing in blood?

*=-INTRODUCING THE INAUGURAL RAMPAGE TOURNAMENT-=*
The Rampage will be held upon the 10th of Sarapin, Y770 (Be sure to use
DATE to know when to arrive!).

Everyone may join this event, no matter your calling or creed. All may
test their skill, their might, and their wits against foes from all
walks of life. Beyond infamy, beyond accolade, your prize is:

*=-ONE-THOUSAND (1000) CREDITS-=*

You read that correct: 1000 credits to the winner of this great battle!
Divine willing, you may even earn your Patron?s favour, or the favour of
another, should They grace us as spectators! Now for the important bit,
the rules:

1) Any person can join, there are no restrictions on class, city, or
level.
2) It will be held in the Delos Arena
3) Absolutely no artefacts allowed during the bout.
4) No pets outside of those provided by your class skills.
5) No items not naturally available to your class (bombs, lifestones,
etcetera)
6) No runes, no blessings, no empowerments. Only bring what your class
natively offers.
7) The class you enter with is the class you use to fight. No switching
once in the arena!

Do you have what it takes to prove your might? Are you truly the
combatant you think you are when you strip yourself bare and stand only
upon your wits and skill? THEN PROVE IT!!

*=-JOIN THE RAMPAGE AND SPILL BLOOD-=*

+ Immediately following the primary event, a newbie-restricted 100
credit rampage will be held. The restrictions above count for this
rampage, as well as the additional restrictions of:
1) Level 80 and under *ONLY*
2) Only those recognized as adventurers as the date of this posting.
Those who join our ranks after will NOT be accepted

++To join either event, please do the following:
1) Message me your class and which rampage (or both) you plan to
participate within.
2) ** Walk-ins will be accepted on case-by-case basis, but only PRIOR to
[Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (96% shown)]
100Hp, 100Mp, 0
[File continued via MORE]
the Rampage Initiation

SPILL BLOOD, AND GOOD LUCK

I may make ameds here. Like i think arti tattoos will have to be allowed since there is no reasonable way to deny them. an there is some discussion of if pets that are not artifacted in the form of mounts should be allowed. What do you guys think?

Cooper said:
This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Personally think web tattoo should be disallowed, if you're removing buckawns. There's a reason buckawns exists.

Web tattoos can completely shut down a number of momentum classes, with no real means of recourse.

In terms of fringe cases, there's some classes that can't actually be played if you have the artifacts for them. Priest can't compete if they have an arti mace, because they can't summon anything else. Shikudo monks can't if they have staff artifacts, because the items cant be removed. I think Apostate if they have the daegger artifact. Druids/Sylvans if they have a staff artifact. Depthswalker for scythes/daggers.

Disallowing ALL artifacts is gonna limit a ton of things.

• No artefacts? 

Not sure you've thought this though.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Druid/Sylvan staff is separate from groves quarterstaff. You can have both, I've done it and seen it done by other Druids. The rest of that is an awkwardly fair point. Other than priests, I thought the other classes weapons were just always summoned and you could summon the downgraded version still. Dunno about Shikudo though!

But, if you want it to be fair everything -has- to be disallowed. Limiting things just makes people have to remember how they played their classes, and defend, without relying on arties. Just, what do about Priest T-T.
  • The way classes are and the way people set them up, removing all artefacts doesn’t make it “more” fair at all, probably does the opposite.

Also, with artefact power transfer and customisation galore, how would we know in some cases?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Separate from 'Literally cannot fight without artefacts if they've bought them' Serpent and any Diadem dependant class would suffer pretty hard from the rules here. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Priests with an artefact mace have no choice but to use it afaik too.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Pyori said:
    Personally think web tattoo should be disallowed, if you're removing buckawns. There's a reason buckawns exists.

Web tattoos can completely shut down a number of momentum classes, with no real means of recourse.

In terms of fringe cases, there's some classes that can't actually be played if you have the artifacts for them. Priest can't compete if they have an arti mace, because they can't summon anything else. Shikudo monks can't if they have staff artifacts, because the items cant be removed. I think Apostate if they have the daegger artifact. Druids/Sylvans if they have a staff artifact. Depthswalker for scythes/daggers.

I think you can borrow a non-artefact scythe and dagger from another Depthswalker (who doesn't own an artefact version themselves), though they obviously wouldn't be able to do anything while you're borrowing it, and would have to make sure they don't manifest at any time while you're in the arena. I also don't know if them logging out or switching class would make it disappear.
  • Mind command remove artefacts ought to work, I think? Haven't tried it, but if you can force it, that's a pretty clean-cut way to enforce the rule. Whether it's a good rule, or not, is a different kettle of fish. 
  • Sobriquet said:
    The way classes are and the way people set them up, removing all artefacts doesn’t make it “more” fair at all, probably does the opposite.

Also, with artefact power transfer and customisation galore, how would we know in some cases?
    I emailed the garden about this problem. Hopefully they will assist here. might have to delay the rampage to give them time in that case. @Makarios @Tecton @Sarapis
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Pyori said:

I have no issues about taking away web tattoos. 

I will have to see what the administration says here. 
    Cooper said:
  • Cyr said:
    Separate from 'Literally cannot fight without artefacts if they've bought them' Serpent and any Diadem dependant class would suffer pretty hard from the rules here. 
    If you mean there is no reasonable way to stop these artifacts from being used diadem would have a point. But non arti serpent is said to be fine without artifacts. I will have to ask people smarter than me. 
    Cooper said:
  • Sobriquet said:
    No artefacts? 

Not sure you've thought this though.
    you might be correct sir. I didnt consider how hard it is for some classes to not use an artifact or how easy it is to hide them in general. so if the garden agrees to maybe turn them off in the arena or something that solves the problem across the board. I may have to delay it to allow the garden a chance to help me out in this one. 
    Cooper said:
  • Maybe give the option to summon the non-artefact version of artefact weapons. Aside from this tournament, would provide the ability to teach novices certain strategies without damaging them out instantly. 

And for the amount of times I've been told you don't need artefacts, diadem and serp dagger should deffinitely not be necessary.
  • Various arties also work just being held, like faster runes + water runes, and longer gravehands.

Artes would have to go in containers to stop them working.
  • You're not gonna be able to actually police the artie situation. Between customisations, artefact power being put onto certain items, classes being unable to summon the base weapon once they have the artie, etc etc. Better off just running a tournament straight out.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited April 2018
    Artie weapons, even the ones that are not directly summoned, are very hard to interchange. You're going to have messed up limb count data for numerous classes, as well as snap timing for serpent. This is going to heavily favor classes that are not artie dependant. 

Yes, serpent is viable without artie dirks. A lot of serpents plan their racial spec around their existence, though.  A 15 dex serpent with thoths is top notch.  A 15 dex serpent without thoths might as well not even sign up.  

Edit: I haven't checked the actual date, but im assuming, like all other things, I cannot attend.  Just looking out for the little guy (or in this case the big guy) 
  • Would be surprised if admin were able to devote time to things that aren't issues like Priest weapons and a no-artie arena setup for a player run event. While the premise sounds cool, and has generated a small amount of interest every time it's been brought up over the past 15 years, in execution it's not really possible without a lot of time from the admin.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• It's easy to say "let's just have a tournament that's all about skill, no arties," but much harder to do in practice. People have to expend significant effort to be able to fight differently than usual (change what you wield, new limb tracker data, possibly new aliases due to new strategies needing to be used because of speed differences, figure out how to defend things you normally defend with FLY or remove shackle/dash in alternative ways, etc.). And some people will just be outright disadvantaged because of how their class performs unartied (lol unartied priest).

It ultimately favors classes like DW (if you can solve the scythe issue), alchemist, and shaman, and favors people who generally play unartied over those who don't. 

I have a lot of classes, so I could probably participate without too much work needing to be done by choosing the easiest class for it, but not everyone is in that position.
  • so im at a split here. half of the population wants the unartied fight. the other half an artied fight. ultimately it comes down to what i decide to do. so my question is am supposed to care that artied fighers are going to be at a disadvantage for once? that in an unartied rampage they might for the first time in a long time be the ones at a disadvantage????? When it comes to the logistics of the event those points move me simply because of there possible impossibility. but things like oh wont you think of the artied fighters! im not really seeing it. speaking as an artied fighter unartied have to deal with our advantage 100 percent of the time. i dont think its to much to ask people who already have arties to take the disadvantage if they want to compete so that people without might have a chance to earn something themselves. theres no barrier to entry here. I can move back the date to give people more time to switch around there systems and practice but no i dont think i will change the artied conditions.  
    Cooper said:
  • edited April 2018
    It's more just a matter of what crowd you want to attract. Most top tier fighters are artied, so if they decide not to bother, it could be a fairly uncompetitive rampage. But it's hard to know who will do it and who won't.

In addition to the logistical problems of impossibility and enforcement.
  • I’m more than fine removing all the health boosts and stuff, changing weapons isn’t gonna be an option though.

Will just fight in Dragon, nbd :lol:

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited April 2018
    Driden said:
    ultimately it comes down to what i decide to do
    Not really, for reasons described in this thread. You can't feasibly decide to have an unartied tournament. Would never really work out.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited April 2018
    Misread. Ignore me. ^^;
  • Lenn said:
    Most top-tier fighters are also above level 80. o.o

The sub-80 rampage isn't the only one that's unartied. There's an open no artie rampage.
  • well a quick fix is to change the format to a 1v1 bracket style tourny. requiring all combatants to strip and place all items in a container at the site. then providing there class relevant items for them. more work but also easier to demand following the rules. 

im also considering splitting the 1000 credits into an unartied rampage and an artied rampage. so 500 credits to each contest. Jarrod said:
    Driden said:
    ultimately it comes down to what i decide to do
    Not really, for reasons described in this thread. You can't feasibly decide to have an unartied tournament. Would never really work out.
    Never say never and all that jazz XD
    Cooper said:
  • Farrah said:
    It's more just a matter of what crowd you want to attract. Most top tier fighters are artied, so if they decide not to bother, it could be a fairly uncompetitive rampage. But it's hard to know who will do it and who won't.

In addition to the logistical problems of impossibility and enforcement.
    Yeah I just wanted to do something that everyone can partake in and have a chance to get a really good prize. i mean 1000 credits cost me 300.00 bucks you know. so i figure most people will want to atleast try for it. 
    Cooper said:
  • @Makarios @Sarapis @Tecton

could i get the administration to weigh in whether or not you can help me out to do this or should i just hold a no holds barred contest?
    Cooper said:
  • Why not split the prize down the side if people can't decide? Yeah, 1000cr is awesome, but if it makes people not try because they can't afford arties, that just further shows that Achaea is P2W. Have over-80 have two tiers, one for artied and for non-artied. Artied winner gets 700cr, unartied gets 300. Allow non-artied to go up higher to the artied tier, if they want to participate in both. 

Just an idea. 
  • Ya know, arties don’t do - some - of us much good at all. Trust me, I’m one of those people!  :3
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"