SoCal Meet?

Seeing all these NY and TX meets inspired me.  Anyone interested in a meetup in SoCal (LA, OC, SD are all options).  All are welcome and the weather is going to be amazing soon.

Comments

• I would be into this! If it's just me and you we could write it off as a marketing work trip :)
  • Yes, this is a must sometime before September.
  • I'm moving from the frozen north to Santa Monica (which is near LA?) for work, pending visa stuff, ETA around early April. I'm not a very cool Achaean, but I'd be up for meeting peeps.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Cool, sounds like we have enough to do something in LA.  We normally do something in Santa Monica, any one object to outdoors activity?  Hiking a Will Rogers Park is always fun to me.
  • Outdoors is fine, but can we do a drinking outdoors activity? I'm not trying to exercise on vacation.
    Ok, let's just get trashed at the Whaler
  • I'll update once I've got a better idea of my actual situation. Can't drink (body doesn't get 'drunk', but will get alcohol poisoning), but up for wherever. Happy to stuff my face with food and meet peeps!
  • Baseball starts soon. That's an outdoor drinking activity, just not a cheap one.
    Some out of towners are thinking of coming and would like to go to an amusement park.  Would anyone be interested in Universal Studios?  Those not interested can just hang out at Citywalk.
  • I haven't been to Universal despite living here for a long time, so I'm open to that. Please try to schedule things on a weekend if possible!
    It will definitely be a weekend, I'm thinking late June to avoid holidays and graduations
  • If this hasn't happened yet then add me to the interested list.
  • I'm in if I can make it work. 

[Old women invited, yes?]

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

hasnt happened yet but looking at a July weekend,  I am thinking July 6-8.  
    Ok, hows a late June date looking?  PM if interested and we can start a whatsapp group for this
  • edited May 2018
    Interested. Will PM. Ooh and I saw someone mention a baseball game.. Padres!
    Baseball is an option, not sure if San Diego will be too far however.

Angels vs Bluejays on June 23rd is a possibility
    Dodgers vs Rockies on June 30th is another
    Padres vs Pirates on June 30th is also open

But first I need a list of solid attendees, then we can figure out the general area we will meet up at and then the baseball game (or an amusement park) would be optional thereafter.
  • I've got a conference the first week of July so I don't know that I'll be able to swing it :(
  • I'm in WLA, and if it's not walking distance I'll need to carpool.
    @Puxi
    @Rispok
    @Aesgar
    @Sylphie
    @Prythe
    @Kihk
    @Xoatl

Ok, let's do this.  Who is still in (I think Sylphie and Rispok are going).  If I set it for June 30th and 31st would you all be able to make it?  Based on what I've heard, we will be doing this somewhere in LA, probably around Studio City/Universal Studios.
  • Let me talk to the boss tonight to see what we have going on around then. 

P.S. why are you awake at 4am?
    Just got back from Asia so my sleep schedule is way off
  • June 31 doesn’t exist, but I’ll assume that might mean June 30th or July 1st, since that is a weekend. Ill keep those days open.
    Oops yes June 30-July 1st.  

Confirm who's in, can work out rides thereafter.
    This is only a few weeks away and I'm getting some fairly non-committal responses.  Please send me a PM if you can make this ASAP.
  • Sure..  maybe.. I mean, yeah, but no..

• Last call
    Yea not getting any commitments besides Rispok and I.  Send me a PM if next weekend works...
  • edited November 2018
    I'll be in San Diego for a conference at the end of January if anyone is around and wants to grab a beer, bite to eat, or whatever.