Gold bug

2»

Comments

• Thank you, and glad you are slowly clearing up the code.

Back in the AOL days they could copy/paste code and it became quite a mess, but they couldn't unravel it as they were merging three different platforms each with its own code.

I don't envy you the continued work ahead!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• @Kyrra once killed me and @Dunn while we were minding our own business at battlements because she "wanted to hit dragon". Suspicious character for sure.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• You were correct, for the nerds those were fun times.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Thank you for the insight, Mak. I do not envy some of the coding madness that lies ahead of you guys between this and some of the classleads! 
  • Aw man, I love mob clumping! (when I'm hunting reagents) :D I'm sure I'll live with having to walk a teensy bit more, lol

....does this make me a bug abuser? :open_mouth:
  • Cailin said:
    Aw man, I love mob clumping! (when I'm hunting reagents) :D I'm sure I'll live with having to walk a teensy bit more, lol

I hate it. Taryen men in Quartz Peak.
    Walk in and there's one. Two seconds later there are 7 and you're dead

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Thank you. Both for working on fixing the situation and for sharing the kinks of the coding. This makes me all giddy.

• Cailin said:
    Aw man, I love mob clumping! (when I'm hunting reagents) :D I'm sure I'll live with having to walk a teensy bit more, lol

Yes, to the dungeon with ya!
  • edited April 2018
    Ugh.

@Kyrra I didn’t mean to imply you were knowledgeable about the cheating. Chill. I was told Katalyst was one of the people shrines for the abusing so thought it had something to do with saying the number out loud at a certain interval/point. That’s who I was pointing to.

I don’t often give you credit but I know your not stupi enough to post about your own bug abuse. I mean, fuck.

What an epic party trick it would have been though. Line it up, tell a rando to come say a number, bet and spin. BOOM! Panties drop.
  • It took a while. But you got me at panties drop.

• Aralaya said:
    Cailin said:

Azdun or bust. Walk into the room with 2 mobs, end up killing 30 by the time you leave it.

• I always thought it was intentional
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    I always thought it was intentional
    Bit of a bummer it isn't.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Aralaya said:
    Cailin said:

Aetolia's solution was to scale exp worth of mobs according to how many are in the room, rewarding those impossible clumpings higher.

A mechanic I honestly do miss a little,  but it's funny to know now that the dev at that time probably saw the rng code and thought 'ew! No way am I diving into that. Where's my box of bandaids? '
  • I think grouped mobs give extra xp here as well, if they defend.
  • Caled said:
    Aralaya said:
    Cailin said:

Aetolia's solution was to scale exp worth of mobs according to how many are in the room, rewarding those impossible clumpings higher.

A mechanic I honestly do miss a little,  but it's funny to know now that the dev at that time probably saw the rng code and thought 'ew! No way am I diving into that. Where's my box of bandaids? '
    Problem is, in order to get that bonus XP you have to survive the 7 things that walked into your room.

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Aralaya said:
    Caled said:
    Aralaya said:
    Cailin said:

Problem is, in order to get that bonus XP you have to survive the 7 things that walked into your room.
    15 giant scorpions or bust!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Aralaya said:
    Caled said:
    Aralaya said:
    Cailin said:

15 giant scorpions or bust!
    Those things are so scary! Instant stun when I walk in the room. :scream:
  • I got RIPed by a room with 3 hydroform beasts, a monstrosity, and one of the other hydroform types.

• Something tells me that has nothing to do with this thread.

• Pyori said:
    Something tells me that has nothing to do with this thread.
    RNG clumping. Or it’s working as intended and I’ve just never seen so many in one spot
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Connell said:
    Pyori said:
    Something tells me that has nothing to do with this thread.
    RNG clumping. Or it’s working as intended and I’ve just never seen so many in one spot
    Is intended.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• If there is not 20 undead in the room in graveyard I get bored and will go get the rest so I can be less bored