Jester Artefacts

Looking to get some artefacts, now that I'm tri-trans and trans survival. Right now I have 900, with 150 in vouchers, and 90 upgrade credits. So 1050 credits.

Figured it could go here because I want a list of all I should get, in order, and it'd be useful for other new jesters. 

Comments

• SoA for sure
  • Only tri-Trans and Trans Survival? I'd do Avoidance before any artefacts.
  • edited April 2017
    Antonius said:
    Only tri-Trans and Trans Survival? I'd do Avoidance before any artefacts.
    I actually have enough to trans it now, but I'm not at home. Credit conversions FTW.
  • Jester's all about the defense, so SoA as Aegoth said is a must-have (sad that it's not 500 anymore though). After that you can go for sip/con arties, and your general defensive set that any other class would have. Spec should be con as well. Jester artefact list is rather small and also applies to any other given class so it's more of a universal list than a jester-specific one. Most of the class-specific artefacts aren't worth your attention though, but I can't attest to the value of the artie blackjacks as I've never even seen one used before.
  • Trans avoidance and fitness first, then get an SoA.

Then start getting level 1 defensive arties - I'd start with con and bracelet first, then sip ring.

• Cooper said:
    Trans avoidance and fitness first, then get an SoA.

Then start getting level 1 defensive arties - I'd start with con and bracelet first, then sip ring.
    Done, done, and done. 

Should I get all the defense arties I need at level one then slowly upgrade, or buy some, upgrade them, then buy more? 
  • Full set of L1's > upgrades

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Hi! I’m in a similar situation as the original poster: jester tri-tans and avoidance/weaponry.

I enjoy hunting and raiding/defending a lot and while hunting is okay, I die in raids too often and would love to increase my survivability there to be more useful and have more impact and fun! Haven’t done any mano a mano yet, but I will dip my toes into that in the future.

Wondering if saving up for SoA is worth it before getting bracelets, con belt and/or sip ring. I appears that was the consensus of this topic. Currently, however, I only have a fire pendant for hunting, and I can’t afford a SoA but have just enough for bracelets (~350 cr).

Any further or potentially updated opinions would be very much appreciated!
  • SoA is always worth as first purchase, for literally any class that can use it.

• SOA, without a doubt.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Plak said:

I enjoy hunting and raiding/defending a lot and while hunting is okay, I die in raids too often and would love to increase my survivability there to be more useful and have more impact and fun! 
    IMO, you should look into getting one of the Elemental Lord forms. They're generally tankier than Jester, and the Air/Water forms have some really great group utility. They're a great way to shore up weaknesses in your character without having to change class.
  • Thanks everybody!! I’ll be saving up for that SoA then and look into elemental lords as well (sounds exciting)!
  • Yeah all that is good. I had bracelets and rings then lifevision mask and resistances ring, and level 1 Blackjack was totally worth it for bashing. Jester bashing is really good too, since you go con spec, Blackjack is bumped with strength and you never run out of endurance. Don't waste credits on things like quill of inscribing, mote in a jar, but the level 1 cheese is super good if you're gonna get into combat.
  • Dominius said:
    Yeah all that is good. I had bracelets and rings then lifevision mask and resistances ring, and level 1 Blackjack was totally worth it for bashing. Jester bashing is really good too, since you go con spec, Blackjack is bumped with strength and you never run out of endurance. Don't waste credits on things like quill of inscribing, mote in a jar, but the level 1 cheese is super good if you're gonna get into combat.
    Thanks! I’ll make an ordered list for the next 200 life years for Plak hehe! Clearly, I need to bash more! Seriously though, good advise all around :+1:
  • I wondered ... does it make sense for a Jester/Dragon to get wings? Between universe/hermit/puppet travel and gare, I'm not sure it's worth the 800 credits. I realize the Meropis-aspect might be useful although I never go there. A warping stick/pebble/bronze token would be the alternative, I guess.

I currently have a SoA, crit pendant, sip ring, bracelets and belt (all level 1); class skills, avoidance, survival, fitness, seafaring, some tattoos/vision.

I enjoy hunting and want to learn 1-on-1 combat, but have not yet, while I do enjoy group combat. Any advice on what would be good to save up for would be appreciated. My budget is only around 800 credits, but I plan on hunting up more in time, not thousands of credits at a time though.

- Upgrade defensive artefacts?

- Get other defensive artefacts?

- Utility artefacts?

- Offensive artefacts / skills I missed (riding?) / miniskills / ...

• Better combatants can answer, but it isn't stopped by mono, only stopped by a roof/stuttering/silence and city orb (there may be one-two more that I'm not thinking of but I am not recalling them right now, someone can definitely fill that gap with info though!) If you want bang for buck, then probably level 1 defensive artefacts are better, but I would put wings on par with them, and definitely better than level 2 based on cost vs usage.
  • As a Jester  / Dragon I had no need for wings other than as additional utility exactly for the reasons you mentioned. (and if you are going PvP, a lot of fights end up there). I only bought wings once I multiclassed as a Runie as it helped to have an option alongside Raido for getting around.

However, once you DO buy them, you'll wonder how you ever lived without them

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Everybody should get wings. This isn't even up for discussion.
  • Wings are so not needed for travel (I had some from mementos once, don't miss them) but yeah maybe for combat strategy.

• Not needed, no. You can get anywhere you want on the map without them.

I can just get there in probably 1/10th of the time it takes you.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I have track, and I rarely ever don't have someone to track to. And on the occasion I don't, 1/10 the time just means 1 second instead of 10, doesn't seem like that big of a difference.
  • Atalkez said:
    Not needed, no. You can get anywhere you want on the map without them.

Even with gare? I looked at the wiki page on Arabian wings and the exits are quite similar to universe tarot too. It does look a bit outdated maybe.
  • Wings would not be on my priority list as a Jester. Universe, hermit, and puppets should be plenty for those who have to prioritize credit spending. 

• The most important use for wings is getting to the clouds when your group goes to fight the enemy there, and jester can just puppet travel there, I suppose.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Plak said:
    Atalkez said:
    Not needed, no. You can get anywhere you want on the map without them.

Even with gare? I looked at the wiki page on Arabian wings and the exits are quite similar to universe tarot too. It does look a bit outdated maybe.
    Gare is slow compared to wings. I only use Gare to travel back from wilderness areas, especially as I rarely use dragonform for anything other than being really, really lazy when bashing (it's much slower than artibard for bashing, but much safer)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • HELP MEMENTOES and get fairy wings while levelling. Fairy wings go well with jesters. Also people selling mementoes at low prices these days, or is my thinking wrong? Buy 65 mementoes for 130 credits and save 670 for something cool.
  • Dominius said:
    HELP MEMENTOES and get fairy wings while levelling. Fairy wings go well with jesters. Also people selling mementoes at low prices these days, or is my thinking wrong? Buy 65 mementoes for 130 credits and save 670 for something cool.
    The fairy wings don't last forever, so you'll be spending 130 credits every couple of months. After you've bought six pairs at 130 credits each you'll have almost spent as much as buying eagle's wings, but you won't have something permanent.
  • If you are using mementos for wings you are doing this all wrong, even if you never spend a cent on credits or iron elite you are still doing it very wrong.
  • edited April 2018
    Are any of the memento items permanent? (plz. forgive slight derail)

• Voli said:
    Are any of the memento items permanent? (plz. forgive slight derail)
    The talisman pieces are.