Quick Questions

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Pyori said:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/iron-realms-toolbar/

This one? I don't think it's been updated in a long time.
    That's the one. I've installed Firefox on my Windows tablet and really just want the unread messages/news notification :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • The notifications work, but if you want to actually see the news/message, that part's broken.
  • The chrome one is broken too, so I think it is a change on the website rather than the addon not working.
  • The Crhome one just stopped working for me a couple days ago.
  • Did SoA get nerfed recently? I seem to be a ton squishier than I used to be and it seems to be due to my SoA hitting at roughly 1/3 of the rate it used to.
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • Glisan said:
    Did SoA get nerfed recently? I seem to be a ton squishier than I used to be and it seems to be due to my SoA hitting at roughly 1/3 of the rate it used to.
    There haven't been any announced changes, so should still be 15%. If you think it's proccing less often than it should, file a BUG.
  • Note that the SoA only fires on physical attacks. It's possible you're hunting in an area that's relatively heavy on non-physical attacks, so you're seeing lower proc rates due to taking fewer eligible attacks.
  • Which is better for bashing - tekura or shikudo monk? I'm thinking of learning shikudo, but I've never been good at 1v1 pk, so the mention of advanced aspect has scared me off.

How does it compare to tekura in terms of group pk?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• edited April 2018
    Shikudo has better bashing.. you will need to put in a bit of effort before you can do anything PvP. compared to tekura where you think 'combo > break > bbt yeah I'm doing something at least'. that's not the case with shikudo but once you get past the entry level is not harder than most I think.
  • Scythe strats for tekura need a bit more thought!

• Shikudo > Tekura for bashing, but there is a huge WP drain associated with it.

I agree with Dunn, Tekura has a lot in terms of creative strats that are viable, but no one really plays Tekura 1v1 competitively right now.
  • Accipiter said:
    The chrome one is broken too, so I think it is a change on the website rather than the addon not working.
    Yeah, mentioned in the latest announce:
    As an additional note, we decommissioned the -old- Iron Realms website over the weekend, so those of you who were still using some of the features will need to migrate over to the new informational sections of the current website (https://www.achaea.com/portal). Users of the Chrome extension should be getting an update from Google to work with the new sites shortly!

No mention of the Firefox addon being updated though.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sena said:
    Accipiter said:
    The chrome one is broken too, so I think it is a change on the website rather than the addon not working.
    Yeah, mentioned in the latest announce:
    As an additional note, we decommissioned the -old- Iron Realms website over the weekend, so those of you who were still using some of the features will need to migrate over to the new informational sections of the current website (https://www.achaea.com/portal). Users of the Chrome extension should be getting an update from Google to work with the new sites shortly!

No mention of the Firefox addon being updated though.

We've gotta do a complete rewrite of the ff addon, since they've changed a bunch of things. I don't have an ETA on that, sorry! 

If you didn't get the update yet, you can visit https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/iron-realms-extension/dmlneoclpnmicemijpdenfoljpcemfol and download it (you'll likely need to uninstall your installed version first)
  • Puxi said:
    Shikudo > Tekura for bashing, but there is a huge WP drain associated with it.

I agree with Dunn, Tekura has a lot in terms of creative strats that are viable, but no one really plays Tekura 1v1 competitively right now.

What I loathe about Tekura is the fact that your own concussion and stupidity really like to ruin your mind commands. :angry:

If that was not a thing, I would play it (and possibly be OP). I feel like I get really unlucky with those things though.

• Agreed. Have you ever classlead it or put it as a suggestion by other means? Seems like MIND COMMAND is a pretty important part of Tekura offense so I don't think it is an absurd request.
  • Farrah said:
    Puxi said:
    Shikudo > Tekura for bashing, but there is a huge WP drain associated with it.

What I loathe about Tekura is the fact that your own concussion and stupidity really like to ruin your mind commands. :angry:

If that was not a thing, I would play it (and possibly be OP). I feel like I get really unlucky with those things though.

Force apply getting eaten by stupidity makes me sad :(

• I prefer tekura to shikudo, really, but gods if the rng fails that you get from mind locks breaking/blissful ignorance/stupidity/concussion don't get frustrating sometimes.

Though given that I don't have the requisite strength to actually compete with it, I suppose it becomes a moot point.
  • edited April 2018
    I run int monk exclusively with tekura. Scythe + 3 bbt strats with wrench torso are both great fun.

• The trouble I run into are targets who won't let me get away with wrench, and who I can't kill with 3 torso damaged back breakers, meaning I have little recourse for if they prio head to avoid scythe.

There's a few scythe paths that can deal with head prio, admittedly, but the best one I know how to pull off in the arena takes two legs + head (plus arms if they've got active cures) just for a 2/3 odds for a kill (presuming no blissful ignorance fails or broken mindlocks). It's not impossible by any means, but I'd need to be a better fighter and likely have better arties to manage it reliably.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Is it still possible to request custom heraldry charges? Krypton got leafy and there hasn’t been any updates in TAHA for a while.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Tecton Any reason the new version for Chrome requires more permissions, including "tracking on a variety of websites"?

• Cooper said:
    @Tecton Any reason the new version for Chrome requires more permissions, including "tracking on a variety of websites"?
    So they can sell it to a 3rd party audience seller? Duh.
  • Cooper said:
    @Tecton Any reason the new version for Chrome requires more permissions, including "tracking on a variety of websites"?

Trying to sell your stuff to the DNC-funded 'demographics' companies :D

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    edited April 2018
    @Cooper - Same permissions, but we removed MKO and TOP - if you look at the details of the sites it interacts with, you'll see that it's only IRE ones. Needs to be able to do that to log you in to the website if you're not logged in.
  • Using the weapon spec switch artie, do you need to invest lessons in each spec?
  • Nope! If you're trans weaponmastery, you're trans every weapon spec.

• Dunn said:
    Nope! If you're trans weaponmastery, you're trans every weapon spec.
    Thanks! :)
  • This is the same even if you don't have the artie - then it would just cost the 100 lessons to switch. 

• Insignia pays for itself so fast, though. It's honestly one of the best artefacts I've ever had and am forever indebted to Salisa for getting me one. I can swap to SnB whenever I want since I enjoy it a good deal, swap to DWC the next day to continue my usual shenanigans, then maybe try DWB or try to 2h! So good. :drool: 
  • No, you don't. The artifact is one free switch every X hours, with X depending on the level of the artifact you get. 

Note that if you want to switch when the artifact is on cooldown, you can still pay 100 lessons to switch while the artifact is on cooldown.