Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What do you spend your gold on? (2018 edition)

SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,686Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
It's been about two years since the last poll, we now have very many new people with us and a number of tradeskill changes. So here's our fancy new poll with some updated options based on the previous results!

http://pollmaker.vote/p/TI6654IE

AralayaCailin

Comments

• AralayaAralaya Posts: 977Member @ - Epic Achaean

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    Nyneve
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,686Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This is the results page, for the curious:

http://pollmaker.vote/r/TI6654IE

• SthenoStheno Posts: 47Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I spend my gold on more gold.
    Hey, little songbird, look all around you.
    See how the vipers and vultures surround you.
    MelodieElisellaKietXias
  • EllodinEllodin HawaiiPosts: 831Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    needs more hookers
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,283Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Voted, saw the results, when I reached the geographical page... sudden envy on those playing from Chicago...
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,686Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    For some reason, this time the Others tag isn't showing what else people are spending their gold on... or maybe they're just checking others without filling it in :/

• PyoriPyori Posts: 350Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Where's the "What gold?" option?

• MilabarMilabar Posts: 89Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Nyneve and the endless shit I come up with for us to try next
    Nyneve
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,453Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I have all the tradeskills to make everything I need, but I'm too lazy for mining, so I just spent gold on commodities and other reagents I can't/don't want to obtain myself.
    XiasKyrra
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 5,768Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You forgot "fucking shrines", @Skye.

CaelanAustere
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,453Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dunn said:
    You don't have to pay them afterwards.
    DunnCaelanShirszae
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 5,768Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can I remove my answers from the poll then?

Caelan
  • RispokRispok Posts: 681Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Glad I am not the only idiot who gives money to their house.
    Antonius said:
    Dunn said:
    You don't have to pay them afterwards.
    Oh damn, I forgot about that. I haven't been involved in shrine stuff for so long, I didn't realise you could still spend gold on shrines :x

• AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,449Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dochitha said:
    Voted, saw the results, when I reached the geographical page... sudden envy on those playing from Chicago...
    Pff, no one's playing from Chicago. Those people are playing In DeKalb, thats not Chicago!

• XiasXias Posts: 163Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    All of my gold goes to either raising my smithing (apparently I'm a glutton for punishment) and keeping our city shop stocked for our new players.

Occasionally I find something neat or odd in passing and snatch it up, like an instrument or trinket or a delicious sounding dish.
  • PrythePrythe Posts: 460Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I tend to store up and spend it on credits when I hear "CFS" and look and it makes me happy. I started using banks though (mutter) so I rarely have all that much gold on me at any given time anymore.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• PrythePrythe Posts: 460Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Rispok said:
    Glad I am not the only idiot who gives money to their house.
    Those credits I buy? Those go to prizes and young (and old) folks needing help and a boost as often as not.

So there are at least three of us (plus at least a handful more I can name right off the top of my head who use their assets for City/House/Others.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• ZulahZulah Posts: 758Member @ - Epic Achaean
    All my gold goes into roulette but it just keeps multiplying! 
Sign In to Comment.