Player Pics

Comments

• D'awwwwww, those eats!
  • Hoo's that in the background? (Heh, heh, cuz owls)

That all looks amazing!
  • kinkaku-ji so distinctive (watch it actually be something else as i say this)! want to visit certain buddhist temples in/around kyoto, especially enryaku-ji
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • I'm very envious, @Stheno !!

Currently Im saving to go myself but it will take a bit to collect money for a nice, respectable trip. Maybe 4.5k for two weeks, for what I want to do. It all looks too beautiful!
  • edited March 2018
    @Ellodin, Kinkaku-ji is so golden! There are shinier pictures where the sun is hitting all that gold and reflecting off the water, but I didn't want to blind you. Fushimi Inari Taisha has too many steps. I liked the fox spirits.

@Xias, we found it surprisingly affordable. We had already decided not to worry about money and still ended up spending less than we estimated. $3,000 for two weeks let us do almost everything we wanted, including Fuji-Q Highland and arcades and local markets and getting hammered at Golden Gai many, many nights.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• Now the post mile run picture
  • i think i would resemble a dripping blob of misery if i took that photo
  • So black and white, much artistic. <3 Baes
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • Oh man I'm so sad we didn't get cheeky nandos pics.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    SEALS! <3
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Exelethril we used to shoot artillery at that :D  Always thought it was weird that the govt of Japan wouldn't let us shoot on Okinawa, but would let us shoot Howitzers at the universal symbol of Japan.    Did you get to go to Okinawa at all?  Always liked it better than mainland.  What village is that?

• @Caelan - Wait, what universal symbol of Japan? The old village was Shirakawago, it had a very rustic/historical vibe. Did not get to see Okinawa/Osaka and a few other places, unfortunately :neutral: How long were you stationed there and why didn't you make half-asian babies during that time frame

Our route in Japan was Tokyo (ginza, red light district etc) -> Hakone (mt Fuji, lake ashi cruise, mt komagatake ropeway) -> bullet train to Nagoya -> normal train to Takayama (old town famous for Hide beef) -> Shirakawago (old village) -> Kanazawa (kanazawa castle, kenrokuen garden) -> Kyoto (kinkakuji, ryoan-ji garden, fushimi inari shrine) , missed out a few things here and there but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Those bases have been there since before WW2.