Transmutation Revamp

Comments

• My biggest gripe is that I don't know what to tell noobs who need gold now, other than "mooch". No lessons in synth used to get primes, which could be sold. :/
  • Hunt like everyone else!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I'm a little small minded, but I picked up synthesis specifically because I didn't wanna search out herb locations. That being said, I -did- end up exploring more because of it. I guess there's arguments for both sides. 
  • Did anyone tweak herb rates as well during fixing with minerals? Because like kelp is pointless to harvest now. Go through like 3 areas picking kelp and find 20.
  • Yah, explore more, not hard to extract hundreds of minerals within short amount of time. Is definitely an improvement over the past, just need to travel more. Potard and madnesium sell too quick...

• Nope, still shit

• edited March 2018
    Rangor said:
    Did anyone tweak herb rates as well during fixing with minerals? Because like kelp is pointless to harvest now. Go through like 3 areas picking kelp and find 20.
    Nope! But I'll take a look at kelp too anyway.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I've found a few more places for potash now, including on the mainland of Sapience. Still lacking realgar though. I like the change, my explorer ranking has gone from 16 to 13 in the past few days :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Rangor said:
    Did anyone tweak herb rates as well during fixing with minerals? Because like kelp is pointless to harvest now. Go through like 3 areas picking kelp and find 20.
    Must be a timing thing.  After I gave Ainly 1000, went and harvested 320 in one area (common river area, not the lesser known spots)

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    yeah it's a matter of luck I think. Some days I get like nothing off the river, other days is a bit better. That and pear are definitely one of the more annoying things to harvest.

• @skye probably picked it clean right before I tried to!
  • She does that.  

And yeah pear is probably the most consistently 'out of stock' herb

• The realgar hunt is real... its the least unextracted due to not being able to find it!.... I have an idea where it can be but I cant find the damn location for the life of me. Other than that the change is all around great. I like the challenge of trying to survive while I extract azurite as well.... hate that location with a passion

The masses just need to get out of the mindset of stockpiling 10's of thousands of minerals and selling them that bulk like it used too. You do realize that is the reason they sold so cheap. This change lets there actually be a mineral economy.

• One thing I'd like to mention:

Though they are technically "accessible" areas,  minerals that are available to be extracted in novice areas such as Minia, Gheladan and Lodi might skew the numbers a very tiny amount even though the minerals there aren't exactly hard to find elsewhere.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Pear is easy, got a full rift plus a chest-full. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited April 2018
    Still collecting data, but I can confirm that there are at least a few large, accessible areas that people appear not to have not discovered. Realgar's got a big one with every room fully stocked at the moment.
  • Sure, if you ignore the inherent inaccessibility of digsites. It'd certainly be a lot easier if they didn't collapse anymore so that those rooms could be opened up.

There's also quite a few temple locations that haven't been updated with an extractable mineral yet which are ripe for topping up the mineral distribution. (I bugged them all right before the bug wipe.)
  • What is this? Realgar spot? Must find...
  • edited April 2018
    Mindshell said:
    There's also quite a few temple locations that haven't been updated with an extractable mineral yet which are ripe for topping up the mineral distribution. (I bugged them all right before the bug wipe.)
    This is intentional. People visiting temples just to extract minerals is somewhat at odds with the intent of temples, and we also don't want to deal with gods having to worry about their temple designs' effects on mineral availability when they expand or redesign them in the future.

Likely I missed a few temples since some of the area names are obscure enough that it's not obvious that they're part of temples, but none of them should have minerals.

I'm also collecting data right now on digsites to get a more concrete idea of how available the minerals in them are over time. I've taken the degree of accessibility into account since the beginning - at no point has it been ignored.
  • Translation: I'm not talking about digsites, y'all suck at exploring.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• -is still not impressed-

• Ronwe said:
    Mindshell said:
    This is intentional. People visiting temples just to extract minerals is somewhat at odds with the intent of temples, and we also don't want to deal with gods having to worry about their temple designs' effects on mineral availability when they expand or redesign them in the future.

Likely I missed a few temples since some of the area names are obscure enough that it's not obvious that they're part of temples, but none of them should have minerals.

I'm also collecting data right now on digsites to get a more concrete idea of how available the minerals in them are over time. I've taken the degree of accessibility into account since the beginning - at no point has it been ignored.
    Fair enough, looks like you'll have to remove some places then, which was why I assumed they should be populated.
  • Mindshell said:
    Ronwe said:
    Mindshell said:

Fair enough, looks like you'll have to remove some places then, which was why I assumed they should be populated.
    Yes. If you notice any, definitely bug them. And I'll definitely keep in mind if any of them happen to have high-demand minerals.

Jarrod said:
    Translation: I'm not talking about digsites, y'all suck at exploring.
    I'm not not talking about digsites either though.
  • digsites being a place where minerals are, and being classed as a place where major minerals are is pretty.. well.. shitty. They are often collapsed, they collapse pretty easily, sometimes they collapse when you have only 5 rooms in. Highly unstable areas being a major place for certain minerals is poor

• Kim Khaibit, there's people that are dying
  • Dupre said:
    Kim Khaibit, there's people that are dying

??

• there comes a time when we want some minerals
    when the world must leave their cities as one
    there are people dying, ohhh and it's time to lend a hand;
    digsites, the greatest gift of all

we can't go on pretending day by day
    that someone, somewhere will soon make a change
    we're all a part of Nicola's family
    and the truth, you know digging's all we neeeeeeed

we are the world, we are the children
    we are the ones who'll make a brighter day, so let's start diggin'
    there's a choice we're making, we're saving our own lives
    it's true, we'll find some minerals, just you and me
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • edited April 2018
    For the record, digsite collapse is not random. It isn't the case that there's simply a chance that you'll get unlucky and it will collapse 5 rooms in.

It's looking unlikely that I will remove minerals from digsites or significantly alter the distribution. It is likely, however, that there will be some tweaking of digsites and the minerals therein.
  • My guess is:
    * Digsite have a preestablished unique underlying plan.
    * Rocky chambers are stable to dig unless someone digs somewhere else at the same time.
    * The more earthen tunnels you have dug out, the higher the chance of collapse when digging another one.

Ideally, digsites should be properly studied to find the underlying rocky chamber map with minimal earthen tunnel openings. People should be kept out while study is underway. This however means that those who dig for treasure will invariably recollapse it once study is done.