Free Art!

As the title says, I'd like to draw peoples characters. It's a good way to practice, and it'll make people who want art of their characters but don't want to dish out money for it happy. Win win in my book.

Drop your character descriptions w/ what they're wearing and I'll do the ones I'm interested in.

Most of these will probably be sketches, but if there is a character that I particularly like I might do some finished pieces. Maybe.

Also, I'm not the best artist in the world, but these are free, so please don't be too disappointed.
Thousands of daemons howl and shriek as Sartan, the Malevolent roars above the cacophony, "One so strong in her loyalty and convictions would do well in My service. Come mortal, My servants await you."

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Ohh. This sounds interesting!  Its been ages since someone sketched Shirsz!

Description:
    She is a winged atavian as evidenced by the massive black wings sprouting off her back. Hers is the strange combination of the severe, crisp features of northern people and the predominantly dusky colour of warmer climates. Decidedly more handsome than pretty, her short frame lacks much in womanly curves, made instead hard and fit by the extended practice of swordsmanship. Her lips too are thin and unremarkable, and her ivory white hair is bound with a length of black ribbon in a long, austere ponytail. Her amber gaze, hobbled by a missing right eye, is nonetheless piercing, the empty socket unashamedly uncovered. Not much else is immediately remarkable about her, though upon her skin sit a variety of mementos, the most notorious being a burn scar on her left cheek in the shape of an escarbuncle within a border.

What she is wearing:
    a worn battle tunic enhanced with plate armour

Strictly the province of the daring, this peculiar black leather tunic scarcely meets any conceivable definition of armour. Far from knightly, and in truth not very practical, it foregoes defence for comfort and superior mobility. For armour it boasts a slim breastplate to guard the upper torso, its black, triangular surface crowned with a luxurious gorget inset with a glimmering tear-drop ruby. Upon each side, the embossed silhouette of a raven spreads its wings protectively around the stone. A battered pauldron wrought to match the blended features of magpie and crow rests upon the right shoulder besides it, while a length of ivory mail falls over the left forearm like a mantle. Beneath these few concessions, the tunic is decorated in a distinctively northern style, its loose sleeves altered to fall only to the elbows, while the lower hem reaches still to the knees. Vivid threads in hues of red and ivory and gold edge every hem and cuff, some of the intricate patterns reminiscent of northern folk wear, while others are of a more southern origin, all interspersed with motifs of War.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Can we drop descs in messages as well?
  • Here is my Desc, if you find it interesting:
    She is a mhun that appears shorter in stature than her five feet and five inches of height would suggest. She has glossy, inky black hair with tips of a snowy white that frames her heart shaped face. Her straight hair is bound tightly into a bun, seemingly knotted without the use of any tools, with both the right and left sides of her head being shaved to a smooth, bald surface. Woven into her bun is a ribbon, twisted around and through the strands of her hair only to hang, like a ponytail, down to her shoulders. Her features hold an almost ageless quality despite its smooth, youthful appearance. She has eyes that are large and angular with each iris being a vibrant azure color, and a small, button nose. Her mouth is wide and thin-lipped, her jaw thin and slightly angular, and she has small, rounded ears. Her petite figure is athletic and clearly muscular in a lithe, wiry fashion with a slight hourglass figure, small breasts, and smooth ivory skin. Her long legs and slender arms end in dainty hands and feet.

Her outfit isn't anything too special. Her mask, though, is probably a highlighted feature.
       an embroidered corset-style jacket, a soft, black leather blouse with connected collar, skin-tight black leather trousers, primly buttoned up ankle boots of black leather, black leather gloves, perfect for the two arts, a stygian leather collar with tiny claw slashes, a warm cashmere scarf, a winding hair ribbon of golden vines, a battered steel manica, and a grim cloak.

Mask:

Shaped from unyielding ceramic, this mask covers the full face with its pristinely colourless and matt surface, completely concealing any emotion or movement beneath. Without any defining features or bone structures, the shape is fit for any race and provides an eerily flat affect. Taking the place of facial features are meticulous waves etched in random eddies, only visible when the light strikes sparingly applied silver lacquer at their crests. Without interrupting this motif, minuscule holes are added above the approximate location of the mouth to allow for clear speech. Navy blue paint outlines the eye sockets in slender streaks, dramatising the dark voids within.

• Tahquil said:
    Can we drop descs in messages as well?
    Sure!
    Thousands of daemons howl and shriek as Sartan, the Malevolent roars above the cacophony, "One so strong in her loyalty and convictions would do well in My service. Come mortal, My servants await you."
  • You're awesome!

She is a human. She is tall, her height hovering around 5'10, and she is well muscled. Her skin is a dark cocoa colour, her black hair unfurling around her head in tight ringlets and curls. Her eyes are a darker brown than her skin, bordering the same black shade of her pupils, and her cheeks are spattered with a light dusting of freckles. Her lips are a dark and dusky pink, her upper lip curving dramatically into a cupid's bow, and her bone structure is angular and chiseled. Her body is curved, though an observer would be hard pressed to find an ounce of fat on her. Instead, the bends and curves are made of pure muscle, the result of years of hard training and dedicated work. A painful looking brand lies angrily on her arm, a crude depiction of an escarbuncle within a border.

a trailing hooded coat of snow white fur, a figure-hugging short dress of fiery red, a gleaming pair of black tooled leather boots

• Been a while since I had any character portrait done. Thanks for the offer!

Description

He is a human. He stands about six and half feet in height. Broad shoulders taper to a narrow waist, his definition lean within the confines of his tawny flesh. Appearing smooth to general scrutiny, his skin has the occasional scar marring its expanse, heavy callous easily noticeable upon the pads of his fingers and the balls of his palms. Dark swirls of ink whorl upon his arms and toward the middle of his chest, forming an intricate mandala upon his sternum and breast. The sharp lines of a strong jaw serve as the bedrock of his features, dimpled cheeks mingling with the faint hint of creases on either side of his full lips. A faint hint of stubble clings to his jaw and chin, the cleanliness of his neck hinting at care taken to his facial hair. His hawk nose leads to a chiseled bridge, large viridian-tinted honey eyes evenly spaced on either side. Thick locks of sun bleached hair crown his head, the mass hastily, but thoughtfully, styled. A few dark strands cling stubbornly to his forehead, occasionally sweeping in front of his gaze. Visible just below his left clavicle is an escarbuncle branded into his flesh, the mark healed but still prominent upon his skin.

Currently wearing

a red cotton shirt with black trim
    a loose-fitting black silk vest
    a pair of reinforced black leather trousers pirate boots of sable leather
  • I don't want to overload you just yet. Have you got any examples of your work?

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Trey said:
    I don't want to overload you just yet. Have you got any examples of your work?

@Vexilte I'm wondering the same as well, when you have a moment.