Spooky Achaean NYC Meet 2018

2»

Comments

• Gonna pull out, sozzo.
  • I'm in New England, so NYC is completely doable! Only thing is I already promised myself this year my costume would be a gumshoe from the Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego television show.
  • Close enough I might be able to do it, work schedule be willing. I'm going to go as a serial killer.
    -somebody find me a Wednesday Adams pic-
  • Oookay, if I can find a babysitter for that long then I will aim to join. Aegoth, are you satisfied??

• Saeva said:
    Oookay, if I can find a babysitter for that long then I will aim to join. Aegoth, are you satisfied??
    I will sit on said baby.
  • Saeva said:
    Oookay, if I can find a babysitter for that long then I will aim to join. Aegoth, are you satisfied??
    Yus
  • Minifie said:
    Saeva said:
    I will sit on said baby.
    No he will overthrow you. He is unbelievably mighty.

• Does it snow in NYC during Halloween?   If so, I might have to come along
  • Any cool people going?  I don't know half you fuggers anymore.  lol

• Lyrin said:
    Does it snow in NYC during Halloween?   If so, I might have to come along
    Actually, it totally did snow back in like.. 2010
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Halloween in NYC is dope. I'm in.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I wonder if I can talk Lachlan into this.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    I wonder if I can talk Lachlan into this.
    Talk @Farrah into it toooooo
  • I'll be there
  • Nyneve has told me that I'm coming, so I'll be getting my tickets in August, but I'll be there. 

Do we have a community hotel in mind anywhere or should I just find a booking somewhere in NYC?
  • When are you two getting married irl?  B)
  • Impossibilities are impossible :)

Iohanna said:
    When are you two getting married irl?  B)

• I think I'm coming, too? I already set aside vacation for it, so I'll be really upset if I can't make it because of medical stuff. I just hope it's not too cold. Bald isn't great with cold.

I'm a definite/tentative. 

(Party): Puxi says, "Look at the Chancellor with those deathblows. She refills shops but she will also whoop your ass."
    Nazihk grabs you and twirls you about in utter glee.

• Hey guys, if anyone is interested in challenging themselves, I'm doing a Spartan Race (Super) in Mt. Creek, Vernon NJ on saturday morning for 8:45am. If you want to join me you can sign up here!!

https://register.chronotrack.com/r/35036?regOptionID=170327&cpdc_session_id=69e9cdf9-8eea-4ede-b818-28a9f7444832

You'll get a medal, and we can brag about it to everyone over beers when we hit up the city later thay evening :)
  • "Finisher".
  • Take me off of tentative for this. I won't be able to have enough PTO for this unfortunately. Perhaps next time. 

• Sartan said you have to so...  

• edited August 2018
    Hey guys! It's almost time for the meet (2 months away!) I would like to try and get as accurate a headcount as possible so I can reserve a couple venues for us. Specifically, I'm gonna grab us a room or two at a karaoke bar, and a resturaunt (I'll make sure it's not too expensive). I'm personally not going to be in the city until Saturday evening due to the Spartan Races, but I will be meeting up with you all for dinner, and you're all more than welcome to gather together Saturday afternoon and make your own plans. We can also meet up Friday evening for some drinks before the big meet day! After Karaoke, we can go bar hopping, as I know several great places for drinks. Remember to bring your costumes!  

If you are 75-100% sure you will be making it, please LIKE this post so I can get a good headcount. Thanks!! As a reminder, it's October 27th.
  • So the meet is a few weeks away. If you plan on coming, confirmation will be needed!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Afraid between the hurricane and starting a new job, I probably can't make it this time around. You guys have fun and be sure to take lots of pics, though!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I'm half in.  Gotta see how a few things play out first.  Doing it ON Halloween, yeah?  Mid week may make it more difficult, but driving into NYC won't suck quite so damn bad as on a Fri/Sat.

• Id be down too if I can find a decently cheap place to stay. Gonna be friggin cold for my tropical butt though :(
  • I have 0 PTO. Unfortunately, won't be able to make it out this year. Hopefully next time! 

• I'll not be making it, instead I'm coming up to NYC for New Years Eve.

Party on to the people that make it
  • Canceling the meetup because of lack of interest/response. I'll try for a summer meetup once Spring arrives. Cheers, everyone!