Sea of Thieves

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
Anyone going to be trying this out? Releases at midnight tonight I believe. If you want to try it out without dropping $60 on release, you can play via Xbox Open Pass for a 14 day free trial, then $10/mo afterwards. Cross platform between Xbox and PC as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/03/19/how-to-play-sea-of-thieves-on-xbox-one-or-pc-for-10-or-for-free/

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Already got it bought and ready to be played! Probably will just initially mess around with it a bit solo/with boyfriend before diving head-first in with friends. Or maybe not, who knows.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Melodie said:
    Already got it bought and ready to be played! Probably will just initially mess around with it a bit solo/with boyfriend before diving head-first in with friends. Or maybe not, who knows.
    Nice! If it was something I -knew- I was going to be playing long term, I would have pre-ordered for the bonuses, but I want to just try it out first and see how I feel about it.

• I already have it on xbox, and am eagerly awaiting the midnight release. My co-workers all got it as well, and we're all gonna be pirates together. Its gonna be great

• I've got it pre-ordered and installed. Just waiting for midnight.

• Server issues :(

• Yeah.  Not surprising honestly.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Much Greybeard issues, so popping in alone to play around... assuming I can.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • *drools*
    Yeah, I'mma be all over this
  • I will be playing, something named Haterade
  • Yeah I was able to play solo a bit, but my friends and I weren't able to play together. Here's to hoping their servers will be functional tonight, and we'll try again then

Servers apparently can't handle the launch flood of players. Check here for regular updates:

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves

I was able to play with friends earlier for a couple of hours and had a blast. Roaming around solo for now until server issues clear up.

#cinnamonbeard

• That's why I didn't bother starting the trial stuff now. Better to wait a month or so until server stability is better and the first wave of trials ends. 
  • Only one bronzebeard for me so far tonight! Huzzah!
    Servers are getting better, have been playing now. Couple of us ins a sloop encountered a galleon, and took it down with a couple of powder kegs and killed the crew. 

• edited March 2018
    Played with a full group.  Did two strongholds, made tons of cash, and got attacked by the kraken twice. I think krakens are tied to strongholds or ship wealth
  • We need a band of Achaean pirates!
  • Played like five hours with @Dragonknight and @Melodie and we got very little done but it's very fun! Got into three fights and none of them went well lol.
    The strongholds are crazy hard. Gonna have to stock up better next time for those.
    edited March 2018
    Sea of Thieves Day 1: Sailed around with friends, fought a kraken, dug up some chests, sank some sloops. Came out victorious in a 3 galleon battle royale. Raided a stronghold and made a ton gold. Bought an awesome new jacket. Ranked up quite a bit.

Was quite a bit of fun, and the time flew by.

Hopefully everyone got their Day 1 eyepatch. Think it is a limited time item.

Also, this game is pretty visually pleasing as well. The sunsets were great, and the northern lights as well.

• edited March 2018
    Strongholds are very difficult.  The different skeleton types have different weaknesses though, some are more vulnerable to gunfire and some are more vulnerable to swords.  All are vulnerable to cannons though!  Another tip - you can run faster than they can, so often it is wise to kite them around the circular tower upper sections which gives time to munch on bananas
    There's also a really neat trick I discovered last night where, if you need to cross water or launch yourself through the air, stand on the edge of something (like a dock, or a cliff) and do your charge up lunge attack. It will quite literally launch you through the air and even skim you across water with significant force.

• What are you all playing on, PC or xbox?

Antidas said:
    What are you all playing on, PC or xbox?
    PC here, but as I understand it's cross platform between the two.

• PC here as well.  
  • +1 for PC.
  • It is cross platform but I'm not sure you can queue up with people from the other platforms - I think you have to be matched with them randomly. Not sure on that though, feel free to clarify if you know.

You should be able to through the Xbox app. I haven't actually tried it yet though.

Just found this, the Chest of a Thousand Grogs. When you pick it up, you hear tavern music playing and are instantly plastered. 

• Can't tell if servers are still bad or the netcode in this game is horrid but that's like the one negative I've found so far.
  • Gf found a crying chest. No pic, but it cries and fills your ship with water if you don't carry it.