Furnishing

It would be really nice if you can pick furniture up again.

Right now, once you place it, unless you have the skill, you cannot remove it again. No one can, since only the person who placed it has the right to.

Just add in furniture stasis to this equation to see how ridiculous this limitation is.

Alternatively, a way to give someone furniture rights will also work, though it's still silly you can't pick it up again.

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm pretty sure I dismantled furniture in someone else's house at some point, but I can't remember if it was on a house ship or something. With the prybar you at least get all the comms back, which is really the most important part of the furniture. Gold is easy to make, comms are a pain in the ass to buy. So you can dismantle it and then reassemble it for placement.

• It might have been before ANNOUNCE #4715, where the restrictions for disassembling became "whoever can place furniture," which is limited to just the owner for houses. Maybe ship houses are broken if you've managed this since then.

I do have a prybar, but it does not convey DISASSEMBLE. I got it from a wheel spin.

I ended up having to get another trade license just to disassemble my furniture, despite not wanting furnishing as a skill and despite knowing people who do have it and were willing to disassemble for me. This is pretty ridiculous.