Mining commodity delivery system improvement

Hello community,

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this is positively killing me. I understand there will be disagreements and thats cool, let me first explain my reason for complaint in the current mining delivery system. This pertains to when a mine is mined out, and thousands of coms are thrust into your inventory. I have dropped and had picked up by fellow players id have to guess somewhere easily in the 40,000 units mark of various things. Some of which, I can gratefully say have been returned. Now im not generally a neglectful or lazy player. But if you know me from any of my previous posting, I have a bad connection, furthermore if I am out and about ill often times chose to play from cell phone which for anyone else who does, understands that these things disconnect frequently and unexpectedly. I would like to see a different delivery system for these paid out commodities.

Initially I thought "Why not just leave it in the mine storage system, which is already in place, and just have us pick it up there." However this was pretty quickly turned to pulp by fellow city mates when brought up, and understandably now, because those mines arnt refreshing or spawn elsewhere, while one player would have that dead mine died up. 

So any constructive ideas here? I mean most business must be done out the comms market in Delos as it, maybe add some sort of side functionality to the shop there? Maybe some sort of interaction with the mine NPCs near the legion vendor? Even something that must be purchased if need be? I understand that this probably won't apply to everyone but in that same breath if you can't empathize with at some point having a bad connection and getting disconnected with some sort of painful penalty then I apologize head of time for having wasted your time, alternately, what do you think?

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I like @Rispok's idea, +1 for that.

Can we fix payments from the comms market while we're about it? Getting a flurry of letters when people buy 100 comms one at a time is getting tiresome :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Not a bad call there, as much as I appreciate the business of 1 platinum bar 6x in the course of an half hour is does seem slightly excessive at times

• I think the admins have said they're working on some changes and improvements regarding storage, and hopefully this is included in that.

Pretty much whenever I have active mines running, I avoid logging in until I get home and I'm sure I have a stable connection just to avoid getting the commodities into my inventory.
     <3 
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    I have had this happen before when mining first came out and I was trying my hand at it. Had a mine run out in the middle of a raid and dropped a ton of ore because I died and didn't have anything set up to handle it if something like that happened. Luckily the person who picked it up wasn't a complete ***hat and returned it to me once I explained what happened when I saw it in the logs.

• I love Rispok's idea.

Another possibility would be something like "Mining Deposit Here", and have all of your mined goods appear in that room. So like you can have all your ore delivered by your miners to your ship, subdivision home, or stockroom. 
  • Wicella said:
    I love Rispok's idea.

Another possibility would be something like "Mining Deposit Here", and have all of your mined goods appear in that room. So like you can have all your ore delivered by your miners to your ship, subdivision home, or stockroom. 
    I am against this addendum. I don't think it's a good idea or healthy for the mining economy to have massive stockpiles of things in safe locations like houses and ships. I know this is almost unavoidable, but that does not make it beneficial to the game.
  • Receiving the coins in letters would do fine (I think anyway).
  • Tahquil said:
    Receiving the coins in letters would do fine (I think anyway).
    Nope. Sold comms have the gold in letters. That's a different issue than the original post. Gold and comms fall from letters when you leave the realms.
  • Gold coins don't  

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."