Quick Questions

Comments

• Have been mostly dormant for a while and active a bit more lately. Dedicated time is not guaranteed. Bash a bit, trying to put together (very slowly unfortunately) elder dragon set.

Honestly use mostly Serpent and Dragon. Undecided on Knight Spec, so no weapon so haven't used much. Got Depthswalker when it came out and likewise haven't gotten used to it. Air Lord is much more simplistic as few attacks and one kill strat with few moving parts.

Would like to get back into PK, but need to rebuild system from scratch and get back into the groove and on limited time, so want to not go for the most complex first.

I bash in Serpent as best outlay of a lot of damage very fast, much faster than anything else as practically fully artied for it. If need tankiness go Dragon. Could start using a Knight spec instead for tankiness but doesn't feel tankier and less damage.

So questions are: Work over which class for PK first? And suggestions on next artes. Thinking with L3 sip ring, L3 belt, L3 bracelet which benefit all, but not set on that and not sure what sequence. Regen 2 worth it? Generally just get elite credits, so takes a while to upgrade. Don't run into sits where need Lyre, if into PK then Buckawns, but again frequency of use vs cost is a concern. Arte armour is basically 1350 for 5% blunt/cutting protection, plus 350 for each diff type. Could do cloth for Dragon/AL and Scale for Serpent/Depthswalker - again would need to settle out on Knight before doing that as well. Bigger credit investment to spin that up. Does that make a sizeable diff?

Offense-wise only thing left on Serpent is L3 Dirk, but with 18 Dex and L2, only diff is .1 sec. Don't think that's game-changer. May be some more class specific artes come out that I missed, recall there being something to make hypnotising faster? Nothing for Dragon but L3 gauntlets. Quite pricey and with diminishing returns on str, not sure it's worth it. Depthswalker has L2 Scythe, need arte dagger? Don't know enough about it to know what I need on that. On Infernal I need to pick a Spec. Was hoping to make SnB or 2H work as I don't want to have to get two more arte weapons now.

This is what I got so far:

DEFENSE:
    Belt 2, Bracelet 2, Sip Ring 2, SoA, Regen 1

UTILITY/MISC:
    Wings, Spurs, Arte Mount, Endurance Ring, Icicle, Bronze Token, Transmutation Gem, Dragonskin pack/quiver, signet ring, taper of eternity, lesser lorewarden shard

OFFENSE:
    L2 Dirk, L3 Lash, L3 Bow, L2 Scythe, Gauntlets 2, Pendant 3, Boots 2,

Lvl 102, Serpent, Dragon, Depthswalker, Infernal, Air Lord

Advise? Opinions?

The Truths hurt. Always.
  • For Depthswalker the artefact dagger makes the most difference of any of the artefacts. You can kill fine with a regular scythe (the artefacts aren't any faster, they just do more damage, so there's no impact on affliction speed), but the balanceless attune makes things flow a lot more nicely, especially when you're switching between multiple targets in groups.

The phylactery isn't worth spending the credits on right now. With the 24-hour decay on non-ally shadows, there's really no need for the capacity a lot of the time (10 with just the artefact, 15 if you pick up the Augmentation tree in Terminus). Mutual ally shadows last indefinitely, but there's only really two things you can use mutual allies for: step and the shadow heal (I don't recall the name), and step is awkward because you run the risk of losing the shadow if they don't have you allied any longer. I have an idea for a change that I'll be suggesting in the next classlead round that I think will make it slightly more worthwhile.
  • Does anybody want to buy me the platinum dragon scale in exchange for 1200 of my finest credits in-game?
  • Antonius said:
    Does anybody want to buy me the platinum dragon scale in exchange for 1200 of my finest credits in-game?
    No, but I'd take 2000 of your sub-par ones. :D

• Whats the general opinion on creating an alt with a name very similar to your main character? E.g. Kurdoc, Kurdeck, Kurdockk Kurrdock. Would it ruin immersion for RPers?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Why would you want people to know who your alt is?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Who is Shodri?
  • Kurdock said:
    Whats the general opinion on creating an alt with a name very similar to your main character? E.g. Kurdoc, Kurdeck, Kurdockk Kurrdock. Would it ruin immersion for RPers?
    The number 1 rule for alts is that they should stay away from one another. Having too-similar names may make it harder to stay within that line, but it's not technically disallowed.
     <3 
  • Kurdock said:
    Whats the general opinion on creating an alt with a name very similar to your main character? E.g. Kurdoc, Kurdeck, Kurdockk Kurrdock. Would it ruin immersion for RPers?
    Why have an alt if it' going to be so similar? 

Grab  a totally different name and faction, just be careful the knowledge of both doesn't seep out. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Shirszae said:
    Why would you want people to know who your alt is?
    I want to try new classes etc but at the same time I want people to know its me!
  • edited March 2018
    If you OOCly want people to know who you are, then make sure they're comfortable knowing/talking to you OOCly first?

If they are, then it's a simple situation of saying hi to them...

If you ICly want people to know, then you shouldn't be playing Achaea.

• every time i load a new mudlet I keep getting this error while trying to rf or use locate and echo function

00:24:42.623 [ERROR:] object:<Parse wholist> function:<Trigger3328>
    00:24:42.623          <[string "Script: Locating & echoing functions"]:39: attempt to concatenate field 
    -------------'echocolour' (a nil value)>

anyone know how i can fix this without changing every instance of echocolour?
    spread positivity
  • edited March 2018
    Vender said:
    every time i load a new mudlet I keep getting this error while trying to rf or use locate and echo function

00:24:42.623 [ERROR:] object:<Parse wholist> function:<Trigger3328>
    00:24:42.623          <[string "Script: Locating & echoing functions"]:39: attempt to concatenate field 
    -------------'echocolour' (a nil value)>

anyone know how i can fix this without changing every instance of echocolour?
    here's a wild guess that probably may not work:

first do lua mmp.firstRun = true
    then do lua mmp.startup()

you should get a message about the mudlet script loading.

alternatively look to see if something unusual happened to the 'Load settings' script, specifically line 38 where private_settings["echocolour"] is set. I have a feeling that there's more than just echocolour broken here -- try lua mmp.settings.crowdmap and see if that returns nil or not.
  • While we are not aware of it, we may habe broken something there. At least similar bug reports were fixed by updating to a more recent (preferably latest) version of both Mudlet and the mapper.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Is there a trade-in value for completed arachnid eye?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Redeem value per piece is 12 credits, so the item is valued at 100 and trade-in would be 66. That's only if you haven't used it, though; it's consumed on use so once it's used on a mount you can't get anything for it.

Antonius said:

Redeem value per piece is 12 credits, so the item is valued at 100 and trade-in would be 66. That's only if you haven't used it, though; it's consumed on use so once it's used on a mount you can't get anything for it.

I have a spare in pieces that I've been trying to sell for a long time, might as well trade it in

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Has the Vertani stopped dropping dragon talismans? I haven't gotten any the past 3-4 times I've bashed there.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• They still drop. I got a piece yesterday. 
  • Ahh, good. I'm probably just very unlucky!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• No, you're right. The drop rate does feel very low. But when I do get pieces, they seem to be at least level 2s or 3s. Give and take, I guess!
    Just had a Kashari raider pop up southeast of Minos. Anyone else encountered seamonsters in new and surprising locations?

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Inb4 the return of the seafaring talisman set?

• From what I remember seamonsters always popped up north-northwest of Minos. Might have just gotten lost xD
    I was just past Lothos when it spawed, in amongst all those chops. Not to worry, first time I've sunk in a while and although I lost all my cargo ( 68/72 marble), I'm still way ahead on trade deals overall

• Is there any way to config the -walk to- command for Landmarks to avoid cities?

Thanks!

• Also to avoid swimming? That river currents mechanic is brutal. A few nights ago walking from delos to eleusis, ended up washed down near the delta.

Mudlet mapper autowalking handles it even worse , though I admit I haven't looked at config options for either of them.

Is there any way I can get waterwalking?
  • Buy boots and an enchant scroll or buy boots that have it already 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited March 2018
    Oh. Didn't know it's an enchantment here. In Aetolia it's a 250cr artefact  (arguably the best artefact in the game)

I wonder how much other simple stuff like that I have no clue about . ?
  • Caled said:
    Oh. Didn't know it's an enchantment here. In Aetolia it's a 250cr artefact  (arguably the best artefact in the game)

I wonder how much other simple stuff like that I have no clue about . ?
    Shhhh you meant to say 2.5 credit artefact.