Svof

Comments

• edited February 2018
    I think my version sort of breaks when I switch into a class that isn't recognized. since vshow defup, prompt and vshow keepup stops working.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    What are these errors?

[ERROR:] object:<Get name (clan who)> function:<Trigger3248>
             <...sten\.config\mudlet\profiles\Kayeil NEW/None svo/svo:5961: ndb.isdragon() requires a 
    name>

[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<mmp.mapdata_changed>
             <Lua error:[string "return mmp.mapdata_changed"]:1: attempt to index global 'mmp' (a nil 
    value)>
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

•  the first one looks like an error with svos name database I'm not sure what it pertains to because I don't have that.

The second air looks like it's from your mudlet mapper script. You need to take a look at updating it if it isn't already updated
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Kriex said:
     the first one looks like an error with svos name database I'm not sure what it pertains to because I don't have that.

The second air looks like it's from your mudlet mapper script. You need to take a look at updating it if it isn't already updated
    Version 18.2.5 right now, which I think is the most recent one.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited February 2018
    Rangor said:
    I think my version sort of breaks when I switch into a class that isn't recognized. since vshow defup, prompt and vshow keepup stops working.
    It's supposed to go into a 'none' class if you change to one that doesn't exist.
  • Does 'ndb update all' work for anyone? I can't get it to do anything aside from asking for confirmation, then it says it's rechecking all names. But, doesn't.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• DragonknightDragonknight Mhaldor
    edited February 2018
    Works for me.

Edit: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/FUQAM8AK
    Tested on both the beta svof and regular

• Odd, maybe I'm missing an update or something. It's the monk system.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• @Brenex was having a similar issue though.
  • edited February 2018
    Yes I was. In fact, I made a new profile with no addons and tried again and it didn't work. Furthermore, I did this on both OSX and windows and on both systems I could not get ndb update all to run. I don't know how you got it to work, dragon. I'm not moving on to the beta at this time though.

• DragonknightDragonknight Mhaldor
    edited February 2018
    @Brenex Alright, I may have made some edits on my copy to get Namedb to work on the beta. So, what you need to do is find ndb-help.lua. In your non-beta profile. Copy it into ..mudlet/profiles/PROFILENAME/svo folder

After you've done that go into the ndb alias cheatsheet alias:

In line 5 change it to:

local path = getMudletHomeDir().."/svo/ndb-help.lua"

Granted that has nothing to do with update all on it's own. Just getting the ndb alias to work. Like I said, it is working for me.
  • my ndb alias command worked fine. The only thing that doesn't work was update all

• I'm confused - I thought NDB wasn't part of the newest svof, and that was to be part of future efforts? 

I installed APT instead.
  • NameDB is in the zip file you downloaded. It just isn't auto installed like in the non-beta Svof.
  • Ismay said:
    Odd, maybe I'm missing an update or something. It's the monk system.
    I pasted the code here to fix it:

https://github.com/svof/svof/issues/354

• That works perfectly. Thank you very much, @Brenex

Thanks!

• Maybe there is something missing with my understanding of how the elist sorter works, but I upon typing elist and discovering that I have less than my desired quantities, I want to fill from my rift rather than tuns.

For anyone else that agrees, add this, slightly modified from the 'refillfromkeg()' function:

function svo.es_refillfromrift()
      local t = {}
      for _, catt in pairs(svo.es_potions) do
        for potn, pott in pairs(catt) do
          if svo.es_knownstuff[potn] and pott.vials < svo.es_knownstuff[potn] and (svo.es_shortnamesr[potn] and svo.es_shortnamesr[potn] or potn) ~= 'empty' then
            for _ = 1, svo.es_knownstuff[potn] - pott.vials do
              t[#t+1] = string.format("fill empty with %s from rift", (svo.es_shortnamesr[potn] and svo.es_shortnamesr[potn] or potn))
            end
          end
        end
      end

if #t == 0 then svo.echof("I don't think you're short on anything!") return
      else
        svo.sendc(unpack(t))
      end
    end

If you want a clickable link at the end of the elist output, put this at line 253:
          dechoLink("<0,0,250>("..svo.getDefaultColor().."refill from rift, need "..missing.." refills<0,0,250>)", "svo.es_refillfromrift()", "Click here to refill all necessary things from your rift", true)
    			echo"\n"

I'm considering something that will top up vials less than 200 sips as well, but I haven't decided how I want to do it yet. 

And apologies @Vadimuses - I don't really understand git enough to contribute properly. I know how it works if it's just me working on a project, but not working with a crowd.

• @Caled I can walk you through contributing this to Svof's code with Git if you'd like!
  • Curious if anyone has found a solution to the weird defup problem.

Trying to defup anything other than what profile you were on when you opened mudlet won't put up any class specific defences. Serverside on or not. 

Same thing happens when you dragonform, won't put up any class-specific (race-specific?) defences.

Anyway, hopefully someone has figured out a solution on their own copies.
  • I've been adjusting priorities, and it seems svo doesn't have nausea in its list of stuff to cure. Nor does it call it vomiting or euphorbia.

What is involved in adding a new affliction to this curing system?
  • Try seeing if it is called illness.

• Hey so svo keeps spamming "board none" and I can't make it stop :(
  • It might be thinking that your mount is 'none' and you're trying to 'board' it. Make sure VKEEP MOUNTING is off, or that you have your mount specified. (MOUNT HORSE) or (VAULT HORSE) or w/e

• I deleted and installed the latest version of the mapper, however, I am now having an issue of when I use QWHOM it only shows this :

And I can only honours one person before it gets stuck. i.e. I can HONOURS TENNA and it works fine, but then HONOURS RANGOR (or anyone else gives me this :

(svof): ndb.honors() for Rangor called, when already honours'ing Tenna - not going to do this.
  • Whatever happened to the beta svof where Vadi unlocked everything and it was multiclass support and all that jazz?
  • edited March 2018
    nvm sry
  • @Tahquil Whenever that has happened to me, with the mapper (usually when I am trying to RF a location, it breaks), restarting mudlet fixed it.

If that doesn't do anything, then I've got nothing for yah.

• @Voli Thanks. All patched up.
  • Aegoth said:
    Whatever happened to the beta svof where Vadi unlocked everything and it was multiclass support and all that jazz?
    https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329

No one is helping mark this shit off the list for testing so there hasn't been a release. I think DK and myself have done 90% of the testing so far, but we cannot do everything.
  • Puxi said:
    Aegoth said:
    Whatever happened to the beta svof where Vadi unlocked everything and it was multiclass support and all that jazz?
    https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329

No one is helping mark this shit off the list for testing so there hasn't been a release. I think DK and myself have done 90% of the testing so far, but we cannot do everything.
    Honestly, nothing is going to get done there unless the community comes together to test the shit and stuff. I tested a bunch of shit, way more than to be expected for someone who doesn't even play anymore. On top of that, I mean we asked you to test Magi and the retardation stuff months ago @Aegoth. How's that going? I mostly ran out of things to test because I didn't feel combat savvy enough to test them properly. I don't see any further progress going into this unless people who actually play the game feel like putting for the effort. I don't blame Vadi for not working on it either. It's supposed to be an open sourced community project. All those people that came forward saying they would help if Svof was entirely contain inside mudlet, not seeing a lot of action from them. Vadi went ahead and did it, when it needed to be tested where did they go?

Props to the few who did test it.