(Mudlet Clan): You say, "On Mudlet Mapper my RF (room find) is no 
longer giving me the room numbers. Not sure what changed. Neither are 
any of my other location things, so something with GMCP or?"
(Mudlet Clan): Aralaya says, "Mine's doing th e same thing. Will give 
me Roomname (."
(Mudlet Clan): You say, "Yes. That is what mine is doing now."

Example:

Scry for Aeryllin
You dip your fingers into the cool water of the bowl, willing it to reveal the location of Aeryllin.
An image of Cyrene appears reflected within the bowl, shifting with the rippling water to display an
ornate shrine.  (

farsee Roselie
You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of
Roselie.
You see that Roselie is located at An ornate shrine in Cyrene.  (

Help?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
- Let me get my hat and my knife
- It's your apple, take a bite
- Don't dream it ... be it

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited February 2018
    I had this problem for a few days recently, and then at some point I shut down my computer, it did updates, and brought it back up and that was magically fixed (or at least, it works fine when I sense for people now).

Except... now, I get it when I use directory, instead of shop names. As an example:

directory mana
    Price      Item description                   Shop                              
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    200gp      a copper-banded oak tun            (
    220gp      a copper-banded oak tun            (
    250gp      a copper-banded oak tun            (
    600gp      a fractured steel vial             (
    600gp      a fractured steel vial             (
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no faint idea what it is, but I will say I'm running still on 2.1 and have a feeling that may be a contributing factor.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I'm running on 3.7.1 with the same problems, although that begs the question.

Why are you on 2.1!?

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    Just not updated! Once SVOF gets fully released with multiclass, gonna do the updating then.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Just not updated! Once SVOF gets fully released with multiclass, gonna do the updating then.
    Don't hold your breath at this rate :(
  • I think (You'd have to ask Vadi to be sure but) once the defenses bug for multiclass is fixed, the core system will be setup for multiclass other than elemental lords. The individual other modules are a different beast entirely and I have no idea where they're at. That being said this is all being done in my (and I'd assume Vadi/anyone else working on it's) free time, and so that will vary as life allows. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
    Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be soon, rather just Soon(tm). 
  • Breaking News: Multiclass for Svof was released today alongside long anticipated Half-Life 3.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • @Aralaya @Melodie @Prythe When you run into this is there anything turning up in the errors view?
    Yah.

[ERROR:] object:<Make shop name clickable> function:<Trigger3043>
             <setTextFormat: wrong argument type>

Repeated several times.
  • Could you possibly update to 3.7.1? We improved these error messages to be much more helpful (including which argument is wrong and of what type they are).
  • edited February 2018
    Sounds like an error with that newly implemented function which gives links to shops in directory. Possibly not knowing where the shop is, or that it exists. Judging solely based on the error message, at least. I don't update my mapper script, either. Just make changes to it myself since I learned how to use it better :p

• Pyori said:
    Sounds like an error with that newly implemented function which gives links to shops in directory. Possibly not knowing where the shop is, or that it exists. Judging solely based on the error message, at least. I don't update my mapper script, either. Just make changes to it myself since I learned how to use it better :p
    The error message does not give anything away, sadly, which is why I asked for an update. It's that functionality of course and it finds the room name (otherwise it would not reach setTextFormat), but what it is complaining about, I'm not sure. I'm currently assuming that setTextFormat required 0/1 instead of booleans for the format options in 2.1, but that is not a safe bet.
  • Had a similar issue, when I uninstalled/installed new map, it had left behind a folder from previous.  Could be the source of a few of your complaints. Worth a look anyway.

• QwindorQwindor Fort Riley

Some of it might also be because the room name isn't in the map currently. I'm going through and updating shop names and have two cities left to do but it might still be a day or two before I get it released due to some other behind the scenes stuff I am doing in the map that will help in the future. Yes these updates will be announced when they become live on both the map and the mapper.

• I haven't grabbed an error message - but the room name the folks are in (for my test example) should be on the map. It's a long standing (no pun intended) room in Cyrene.

• I just updated to 3.7.1 and for the moment, at least, things are working as they should. Had not realized there was an updated release.

• It's easier after 3.6 - there's an updater built into Mudlet!
  • Forced Compliance should be resisted at every turn! What's that? Yes, officer. I was just leaving...no need to push.