Simplest Combat Class?

Been doing a little bit of research, and I'm led to believe there's no "hit enemy til they stop twitchin'" kind of class. I'm a returning newb, with access to maybe 600cr a month. What class can I arte up fairly quickly with easy-to-learn combat so I can dip my toes in these waters?

Best Answers

Answers

• Mathilda said:
    Runewarden two-hander!

Your first priority would be to fully learn your three class skills of Weaponmastery, Runelore, and Chivalry. For mid-tier combat, you wouldn't really need artifacts all that much because you're one of the tankiest classes as well as being mostly about dealing damage.

Could go Warhammer and focus on proning in group combat too.
  • Mathilda said:
    Runewarden two-hander!

Your first priority would be to fully learn your three class skills of Weaponmastery, Runelore, and Chivalry. For mid-tier combat, you wouldn't really need artifacts all that much because you're one of the tankiest classes as well as being mostly about dealing damage.

Oh, so I was mistaken in my initial assumption. Tsk, tsk, me. If I recall 2-handing, the main bashing skill is "Slaughter". Do you use that a lot in combat versus the more sentient of the realms?
  • DWB is simplistic as heck

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • 2H for raw simplicity, Dwalker if you want a simple aff class. Dwalker also benefits a lot less from start arties so you could artie it up a lot faster to be able to “hit things until they die”, except for bashing, dwalker sucks for bashing.
  • 2h is my recommendation to you as well. Good tanking, good bashing. Combat wise, you know your progress with perceive, and it is pressuring health working well into kill, lots of damage.

DWB isn't as simplistic due to the need to manage 2 types of weapons, counting limb for them becomes complicated for newcomer. But if you only stick to single type weapon it is alright, but you will face difficulty in handling aff based classes since it has close to no hinder except if you break a limb, that too, requires momentum points. Is not easy in combat compared to 2h.

• Knight classes tend to be more expensive than others, as they scale really well with high stats and artifact weapons. If you aren't attached to Runewarden, I would suggest going with Depthswalker, as it's very simple and straightforward to start out with, with plenty of room to grow.
  • How complicated are Mages these days? I'm used to how they were before you started smacking limbs when you'd drop vibes and start Staffcasting.