Targossas Picture

So, during a discussion on a Targ OOC clan, a few people brought up the fact that the layout of Targossas confuses them, and they don't have a good idea of what the city would look like from a visual standpoint. We then went and found the canon picture of Targossas to try to show them, only to remember...the canon picture is pretty bad. Its scaling is off, and it doesn't really show altitude differences at all (upper isles, cliffs of solace, lower isles). So I was wondering, are there any artists out there who would be willing to do a drawing of the city? Will of course be happy to answer any and all questions about what things look like, and help out in any other way I can.

The canonical picture is here: https://www.achaea.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Targossas-public-1024x627.jpg

Comments

• Every time I see that picture I get more confused.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I love how that map looks like a genuine medieval map, colouring excepted.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • How are all the bridges defying the laws of physics?
  • Are you looking for a skyline or a close up of one area or a re-drawing of the map?

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Skyline would be awesome but maybe that's just me
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Skyline would be cool, but I feel it'd be difficult to capture the cliffs and lower isles with something like that. But if you think you can do it, then go for it! I'm really not looking for anything incredibly specific, especially since I'm not offering any payment for this since its not something for me specifically. Just thought it'd be a cool thing to show the community haha.

So if an artist does think this'd be fun to do, then let your artistic creativity sweep you away and draw it as you want!

• Klendathu said:
    I love how that map looks like a genuine medieval map, colouring excepted.

There should be a "Here there be dragons" line, except it's placed smack dab on the city.

• I actually think that Targossas is a beautiful city. I'll throw 50cr into a pot for whoever comes up with the best rendition.
  • Why is the riverwall just grey water?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Solnir said:
    Why is the riverwall just grey water?
    All that ash has to go somewhere!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• You know, it's only now struck me how ironic it is that Targossas is basically set up on a bunch of islands over a river. The flooding during the rainy seasons must be a bloody pain and you're pretty much just tempting fate at this point.
  • They can just part all the extra water
  • Kaden said:
    You know, it's only now struck me how ironic it is that Targossas is basically set up on a bunch of islands over a river. The flooding during the rainy seasons must be a bloody pain and you're pretty much just tempting fate at this point.
    No, see, this is the Bloodsworn making sure we behave. They diverted the river to make Targossas. They can re-divert it, too.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."