Raiding Mechanics

1111213141517»

Comments

• Now I'm beginning to doubt that you've ever been involved in a raid...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• A lot of people who are off plane will return to help in a raid, in my experience. You have no way of knowing if someone is bashing in Meropis and comes back to help, or if they're afk on a ship. Why are we even arguing about these kinds of things?
  • You take the people who are there currently on plane or in city for who to engage.  If the others show up to kill you, bring help then, not before. 
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Minifie said:
    Xaden said:
    farsee Issam
    You detect nothing here by that name.

Oh, shit... 
    If they are on ship/meropis et al, or should we all spend 2500cr to farsee an entire QWC list before each raid?
    "We don't bring overwhelming odds" "Why bother actually finding out if the people who look like they are around are actually there, we have overwhelming odds anyway"

That is what I am hearing.
  • edited February 2018
    Targ's meant to be an analogue to Mhaldor, and Mhaldor usually gets like 90% attendance for defence. Assuming similar (realistically, slightly lower, but still not noncomcity %) numbers for Targ is hardly unfair, though of course when you raid Cyrene or something you assume like 50% at best.

Ultimately, who cares, though. Iaki already addressed every single concern better than we could, and if that's not enough for you then oh well!
  • Accipiter said:
    Minifie said:
    Xaden said:
    farsee Issam
    You detect nothing here by that name.

Oh, shit... 
    If they are on ship/meropis et al, or should we all spend 2500cr to farsee an entire QWC list before each raid?
    "We don't bring overwhelming odds" "Why bother actually finding out if the people who look like they are around are actually there, we have overwhelming odds anyway"

That is what I am hearing.
    Then check your hearing.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Kiet said:
    Targ's meant to be an analogue to Mhaldor, and Mhaldor usually gets like 90% attendance for defence. Assuming similar (realistically, slightly lower, but still not noncomcity %) numbers for Targ is hardly unfair, though of course when you raid Cyrene or something you assume like 50% at best.

Ultimately, who cares, though. Iaki already addressed every single concern better than we could, and if that's not enough for you then oh well!
    Mhaldor is nowhere near 90% defence participation (no city is), I use ndb and only enemy those city enemied to Targossas and I will then add others based recon from veilglance/falcon glance and other people reporting enemies in.  You will usually find a couple of noobs or supernoobs in the defence group and maybe a random rogue or two waiting to get citizened.
  • Achilles said:
    Kiet said:

Mhaldor is nowhere near 90% defence participation (no city is), I use ndb and only enemy those city enemied to Targossas and I will then add others based recon from veilglance/falcon glance and other people reporting enemies in.  You will usually find a couple of noobs or supernoobs in the defence group and maybe a random rogue or two waiting to get citizened.
    Offensively nowhere near 90% but defensively that’s not a wild notion. Defense is something that people of all levels seem to jump to help with. 

• Just...Waiting for the next classlead.

Tailsweep, cast aerial, and starburst.

:smile: