What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• The immediate CFH definitely makes it less likely you'll get treated nicely. Maybe don't bank on it every single time, no matter the situation, no matter the number, and you'll get more engaging fights?

If you're feeling like raids are personal attacks designed to get you to not play, or if you're burned out, take a break. Everyone seems to agree that taking a break is okay, if you're fed up.

If you don't want OOC tells aimed at your team telling you to engage, definitely don't let your team go straight to OOC telling the raiders to go away (this happens so much in Hashan and Cyrene, I'm pretty sure it's over 2:1, the ratio between OOC and IC communications, when I've been out and about).

You can't control what other people do, but you can control how you react to it. Maybe easing up a little will help. Take some time, do stuff that's not pvp-related as a team, find a way to make the game fun again. Yeah, maybe some people will bitch about non-engagement, but they'll say something snarky and just get over it, most of the time. Just be careful- too much non-engagement (both on forums and in-game) will paint you with the 'I don't want to play' brush, and people'll stop coming.
  • That's a two-way street, though. If you want Hashan to keep getting into conflict, maybe you should ease up a little bit, too.

<3 
  • Mathilda said:
    That's a two-way street, though. If you want Hashan to keep getting into conflict, maybe you should ease up a little bit, too.

You have been wrong so many times on this point, people HAVE eased up frequently. You won't stop spewing this line like it is actually true. Stop it, go back to Hashan and see first hand what happens, not just some third hand accounts.
  • Making another person responsible for your fun is usually not a good way of having fun. Raiders can come in- so what? Let 'em hang around. They're not allowed to hit you til you respond, just wait and let 'em get bored.

If you 100% can't handle CT noise and/or yells, turn both off?

What can a raider do to you, that you can't prevent? For the record, you get people wanting to discount you as a faction much more quickly if you're constantly (and OOCly, to boot) going 'Leave us alone, we don't want to play.' Instead, just ignore someone picking a fight, no? Seems cleaner and easier, all 'round.

(For the record, I do mean leave the raiders alone. If you have one person leeroying around calling guards, your guards are -definitely- going to get eaten.)
  • Actually, I've been playing in Hashan fairly frequently in the past two weeks. This is why I'm not around as Mathilda as much. I do have first hand experience regarding what Hashan is going through, even discounting my time as Mathilda.

Maybe you should stop spewing out what you think is best for Hashan and instead listen to the people who actually play there.
     <3 
  • edited February 2018
    Mathilda said:
    Actually, I've been playing in Hashan fairly frequently in the past two weeks. This is why I'm not around as Mathilda as much. I do have first hand experience regarding what Hashan is going through, even discounting my time as Mathilda.

Maybe you should stop spewing out what you think is best for Hashan and instead listen to the people who actually play there.
    I think plenty of people in Achaea have proven that personal experience does not necessarily correlate to understanding.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Mathilda said:
    Actually, I've been playing in Hashan fairly frequently in the past two weeks. This is why I'm not around as Mathilda as much. I do have first hand experience regarding what Hashan is going through, even discounting my time as Mathilda.

Exempting all of the above, I don't think anyone is saying we (or anyone else!) know what's "best" for Hashan. We're describing what happens to a normal faction in Achaea, at any given time, and offering multiple valid, normal responses. We're not here to make Hashan "better", and anyone else who tells you otherwise is full of hot air. We're here to have fun. We also hope by us having fun, you too can have fun! Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen. We do try to make it happen, and encourage that, if we can. But we can never satisfy everyone.

You might not believe us when we say we try and hold back from giving Hashan too much despite being given evidence to the contrary, and that's fine. It's clear you have your opinion and you seem unwilling to change it, so I think both sides at this point can let it go. It's clear we and you, Mathilda, aren't going to come to an agreement on the subject.

If you're not having fun (and this is a general you aimed at anyone, Mathilda, Hashani, and beyond!), please absolutely don't feel you have to indulge us. Go do something else, whether IG or not. Eventually, enough people will decide to play and we'll dance, or we'll get bored and take our ball to go play with someone else. Those Ashtani damage runes seem pretty spiffy.

Lets just move on to more fun things, and less of... this.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • As a somewhat newbie Hashani, I'll try to give my own perspective on all these happenings lately. 

Firstly:

I think one of the main problems is the "we can do it, so why don't we do it?" attitude. I'm not saying that's wrong, but it does make things a bit lopsided when certain cities clearly have bigger, stronger and more experienced players. Like, when 80% of the PvP-lovers join the more PvP-intensive cities like Mhaldor and Targossas, it creates an imbalance in the combat capabilities of other smaller, less PvP-intensive cities. That's just something to take note of. It's quite difficult for Hashan to reach a Mhaldor-level combat ability when newer players would be more attracted to Mhaldor/Targossas/Ashtan if they were most interested in PvP. 

So when Mhaldor clearly managed to gather a much stronger force of PvPers, I think it's a little unfair to accuse them of just making the most of their resources. From their perspective, why should they leave a few raiders behind to give Hashan a chance? Not only would it be completely ridiculous ICly to give Hashan fighting chances, some of their fighters might not agree with having to stay behind just for the sake of not pissing off the Hashani defenders. Often the aim of raiding is to win, not for both sides to enjoy equal fighting opportunities.

I don't mind getting raided. I'm sure many others feel the same way, it's fun but only if we have a decent chance of winning. Sure, you can bring 15 people to raid but in this case even if Hashan had a 50% response rate (15 people?) we'd still most likely lose. Not just because of inexperience and lack of lots of arties, but when some Mhaldorians can revive idk 4 or 5 times in a single fight, that "15 people" balloons up to 20 or even 30 people you have to eliminate. And that's no joke. I don't even know how many revive arties Hashanis have. Personally I don't even have a starburst, and I think most of our other fighters only have a starburst tattoo and have to embrace death once it's used.

Clearly, Mhaldor came to crush us. No doubt about that. Neither is there a problem with that. But sometimes it gets annoying and frustrating when you don't stand a chance at all. It gets worse when you guys go around killing guards and causing lots of gold losses for the city. I did try to help and fight - got a lucky kill on Iakimen but ultimately most people just gave up when they saw 13 or 14 players (mostly super strong and artied) enter. And admittedly that's questionable mentality on our part, to give up so quickly but there was reason for that. I think some players have never experienced being in Hashan's shoes which is why they can't relate. It's all easier said than done when you've never experienced the frustration yourselves. 

Nevertheless I also hope Hashan will keep working on getting better. I don't really know how we can attract more PvP-focused newbies to the city, but at least we should try and make the best with what we have. Vender's training sessions were a good step in the right direction! And we also need to get more people into combat (for raid defense at the very least) because even if they don't know anything about combat, every bit of spam damage is useful.

I know it's all very easy for me to say, having only returned from dormancy 2 weeks ago. But these are basically what I think. :) 
  • Your italics there is what is wrong with Achaea and the basis of pretty much everything that has hijacked this thread.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I was going to put a reply but I agree on simply disagreeing.

No one is saying this is the end of Hashan or bad. On the contrary, this is just the beginning. Hashan has finally put down the seeds to grow into what it was meant to be, and I will be making sure it continues to do so. Combat aside
  • I'm with you until the last two words.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Fine combat with! tried to put some focus on the other little treasures too
  • You guys are going to get this thread locked. Let's move this shit to an appropriate thread.
  • I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY!

Image result for mr rogers in a blood stained sweater
  • Minifie said:
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY!

Image result for mr rogers in a blood stained sweater
    Oh my god I haven't seen this in like, a decade lol

• This is the ultimate showdown.. of ultimate destiny.  The song is stuck in my head now :(
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    This is the ultimate showdown.. of ultimate destiny.  The song is stuck in my head now :(
    Yeah. Thanks Minifie. :(
  • Solnir said:
    Torinn said:
    This is the ultimate showdown.. of ultimate destiny.  The song is stuck in my head now :(
    Yeah. Thanks Minifie. :(
    I AM Evil after all ;)
  • * POWDERISE against a leg will now only prone is at max shaping.

Really dislike this change the more I think about it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited February 2018
    You gonna have to stay in room vs bard to execute on me now. 

I like the raid changes. I would like guard restationing to allow an immediate sanction like font weaken does. Call for help is fine, but restationing guards has been an annoying trend. 

• Dunn said:
    You gonna have to stay in room vs bard to execute on me now.
    Yeah, really not a fan. Slow attacks, no hinder from attacks , doesn’t have room hinder or wunjo/nairat to lean on defensively like the closest analogue class in dwb. See no reason to require them to be in room 10+ seconds before they can even try to prone.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • No one likes staying in the same room as @Dunn bard no matter which class it is :(
  • I just make friends in a REALLY violent way tho :(

• Dunn said:
    I just make friends in a REALLY violent way tho :(
    Issok, I'll be your friend!

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited February 2018
    Atalkez said:
    * POWDERISE against a leg will now only prone is at max shaping.

Really dislike this change the more I think about it.

I said this change would suck the moment it was proposed. Nobody listens to me though, and I totally missed the endorse/censure period. :(

It just removes all reason to be Earth Lord imo.
  • yay no more ez cheese Earthlord kills!
  • Aegoth said:
    yay no more ez cheese Earthlord kills!
    Actually this does nothing to stop what I’ve been using to kill people. It just makes it so that I have to build an unnecessary amount of momentu before popping leg break because I can’t even prone you.

@Farrah I also missed the censure period :(

• You quickly assemble Revelation's Guise.

You are now wearing Revelation's Guise.

You say, "Neat!"

Seragorn flashes you a quick thumbs up.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."