Jinx v. Roar

So I've been doing some bashing in Shaman as I've heard it's a very good bashing class, but I'm running into a problem. I'm not sure if I should be using Arius' Roar or cursing and jinxing to hunt. They both seem fairly comparable, but that's entirely subjective as I haven't really been able to get a good baseline test in, so I was hoping maybe someone already had the numbers. I'm also curious if it depends on things like artefacts, at the moment I have a lvl 2 collar, aldar, and 15 int.

Best Answers

Answers

• Chiam said:
    curse/jinx then arius roar on shield. alternatively just curse/jinx and trigger battlerage shieldbreak on shield
    So there is no point at which arius would be better than curse/jinx? Darn, guess I better drop quick-witted then.
  • Isn’t diadem/quick-witted Arius faster at low crit rates? Not sure where I heard this so could be wrong.
  • From what I know, fully artied-out int Shaman using Arius roar will outpace alternating curse jinx. But for most folks, curse/jinx is king.

<3 
  • I didn't notice much of a difference at all as fully artied out (L3 sash + collar/l2 diadem) Shaman using roar vs. jinx. They're very comparable. Even if roar outpaces jinx though, the fact that you need to be quick-witted to optimize it is a pretty big penalty to your actual combat. I would recommend just going with nimble and using jinx. It's faster and flashier too which makes it more fun.

• Satum said:
    Chiam said:
    curse/jinx then arius roar on shield. alternatively just curse/jinx and trigger battlerage shieldbreak on shield
    So there is no point at which arius would be better than curse/jinx? Darn, guess I better drop quick-witted then.
    no, not that I can tell. I also have a diadem.

Keep in mind that a shorter balance time gives you more time to run/do stuff in case of emergencies too.
  • Chiam said:
    Satum said:
    Chiam said:
    no, not that I can tell. I also have a diadem.

Keep in mind that a shorter balance time gives you more time to run/do stuff in case of emergencies too.
    At the point where you're talking about comparing multiple fully artied offenses for bashing as a single class, "need to run in case of an emergency" should rarely ever be an actual need.
  • edited February 2018
    but what if you get ganked :anguished:  or 3 slugs + 4 skeletons walk into your room

(yeah I agree it's a very minor advantage)