Quick Questions

Comments

• ∘ You think of your true love, Irimon, and travel to him.
    ∘ Jadys flies away to the beyond.
    ∘ Erikka flies away to the beyond.
    ∘ Jadys, Majin, and Truax follows you ether.
    ∘ In a grassy paddock.
    ∘ --- Area 9: Ashtan --------------------------
    ∘ --- In a grassy paddock ---------- 26:9:0 ---
    ∘ This area is unnaturally flooded with water. The stars shine down from the sky above, bathing the arid land beneath their silvery light. A rune like a flurry of lightning bolts has been sketched into the ground here. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. There are 3 shaggy buffalo here. A flurry of sea-tinged plumage betrays a formidable albatross perching nearby. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. An upright ceremonial Dawnblade pierces the ground here. An upright ceremonial Dawnblade pierces the ground here. An upright ceremonial Dawnblade pierces the ground here. A gold-breasted falcon surveys her surroundings with an air of cool detachment. The transparent form of a tundra mammoth towers above you, its spectral self strangely silent. The nebulous form of a phantom grizzly bear lumbers here. A length of sturdy rope has been dropped here. A small spool of cloth has been discarded here. Great waves of heat radiate from a metal tank, a torrent of flames raging within. A monstrous war beetle stands at rest here in a state of almost unnatural calm. A phantom spider lurks in the shadows, the outline of its hulking frame scarcely discernible. Miniature hands clasped patiently, a diminutive homunculus stands here, its features bearing an uncanny resemblance to Farrah. Veillantif, a destrier black as midnight stands fast, his ears pricked forward as he calmly contemplates his surroundings. A luminous falcon radiates a soft magical glow, his feathers seemingly fashioned of starlight. This spectral mule is hunched, throwing his weight forward to ever pull an invisible cart. A steppe eagle perches here confidently. Mezghar Al'Jafri, Elemental Menace is here, hidden. He wields deSangre's spite in his left hand and Gattan'lier's hunger in his right. Drillmaster Issam Al'Jafri, Drowned Arbiter is riding on a massive war beetle. He wields a jagged emerald-hilted scimitar in his left hand and a sleek sapphire-inlaid scimitar in his right. Eminent Master Farrah Roualt is riding on a hulking phantom spider. She wields a silver shield inlaid with gemstones in her left hand. Aspirant Kendara is here. She wields a shining, amber scimitar in her left hand and a shining, azure scimitar in her right. Argent Hand Xandir S. Chiragh, Calcifier of Heathens is riding on a formidable sea-spray albatross. He wields a steel, flame-wreathed longsword in his left hand and a concussion bomb in his right. The shapeless whorl of the Elemental Lord Antidas flows ever onwards. He wields a spiked, ordinary lash in his left hand and an ominous, iron trident in his right. Weaponmaster Itkovian Otanthalian, Blood Born is riding on Veillantif, a noble destrier. He wields a mithril-banded ironwood shield in his left hand and a honed, steel broadsword in his right. Minister Braver, Legionnaire of the Dawn is here. His features are obscured by Revelation's Guise beneath the raised hood of a Hood of the Sphinx. He wields a Braincrusher flail in each hand.
    ∘ You see a single exit leading north.

∘ Erikka plummets to the earth below!

Am I not meant to see 'Flying above In a grassy paddock.' if I were flying? I had to land after this.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited January 2018
    Frankly no class is 'impossible' to bash with. You can excel with any class if you want to. Yes some are better, but does that make it a necessity to pick them up and trans as a second class to bash with? Absolutely not.

I got dragon as BM. I stuck to locations best for my class and used what skills to my advantage. It may have been slower but certainly was doable. I suggest just sticking with  your class and optimizing that.

If you get into combat, you'd at least have your main class already optimized as well.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I mean, the argument is not that its technically impossible, just that it makes something that is already boring at the best of times into something near insufferable. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited January 2018
    I think people are exaggerating when they make claims that it is insufferable or terrible. All classes are designed to be able to bash, some doing it better should not be such an issue.

Getting a second class and putting funds into transing it in order to hunt, seems like an overreaction.
  • edited January 2018
    In that situation, i'd have to say I'd much more prefer buying the gauntlets to supplement my current class rather than buying 1250 credits under the pretense that my current class just 'cant do it'. This is of course if I even had such funds.

We seem to often forget that not everyone can spend such amounts. In my early days of Achaea, I most certainly could never hope to spend, let alone think about spending, cash to get 1250 credits. If we're talking about making that in-game, that's about 12,500,000 gold right now.

I'd far more encourage people to stick with their current class and learn its strengths and weaknesses, rather than put it in their minds that they should have picked something else or should cough up enough to spend in order to bash effectively.

I understand the logic behind getting a second hunting class for those that are serious about it, but in truth, getting dragon these days is not nearly as painful as it once was...and dragon is quite reliable for hunting.
  • Asmodron said:
    I'd far more encourage people to stick with their current class and learn its strengths and weaknesses, rather than put it in their minds that they should have picked something else or should cough up enough to spend in order to bash effectively.
    The big problem with this, in my mind, is that most classes aren't remotely balanced outside of combat. When it comes to bashing and general utility, some are simply head and shoulders better then others. I'm all for encouraging people to stick with the class they find most engaging, but if they're never going to be interested in fighting (and most people aren't), then there might not be any real strengths to speak of.
  • Keorin said:
    Asmodron said:
    The big problem with this, in my mind, is that most classes aren't remotely balanced outside of combat. When it comes to bashing and general utility, some are simply head and shoulders better then others. I'm all for encouraging people to stick with the class they find most engaging, but if they're never going to be interested in fighting (and most people aren't), then there might not be any real strengths to speak of.

I suggest mentioning any tweaks or additions to hunting in classleads. I know the admin are always willing to look into it for your class, as I once discovered when I opened some talks about BM.

There will always be a better class, but if you feel yours is truly doing terrible in the hunting field, then small tweaks and suggestions can go a long way.
  • Asmodron said:
    I think people are exaggerating when they make claims that it is insufferable or terrible. All classes are designed to be able to bash, some doing it better should not be such an issue.

Getting a second class and putting funds into transing it in order to hunt, seems like an overreaction.
    Some classes do like nearly double the dps of other classes, that's not exaggerating if someone calls the lower dps class terrible.

Dragon is already something that takes like 300 hours or something like that (or it did, for the youngest dragon I'm aware of), adding an extra 300 hours to that is in fact pretty awful.
  • Just to be clear, the question I was trying to ask was more along the lines of what @Sena's post said. Would the upgrade in bashing speed by switching class be greater for me personally, given my class, than just buying more artefacts for my current class. And I am in no way trying to insinuate that it's not doable to hit dragon with my current class, but like I said I'm also probably going to keep hunting past dragon, and I know dragon itself isn't exactly the fastest bashing class, even though it is very tanky and definitely an improvement over what I'm currently doing.
  • The best money investment you can make to get to dragon is a netflix sub.

Second is either a lv1 pendant or being a 2H Runie. In my opinion. After 99 dragon is good enough your main class will not really make a difference and I don't see the speed difference making up for 1200+ credits considering the gold cap.
  • Satum said:
    I know dragon itself isn't exactly the fastest bashing class, even though it is very tanky and definitely an improvement over what I'm currently doing.
    While not the "fastest" it is also incredibly far from the slowest. It's the best for a number of people, who can't afford to artie up their lesser class to the point that it's better than Dragon.

• Nazihk said:

If you're a Depthswalker who can't stand bashing as Depthswalker, it's totally reasonable to go pick up Earthlord at ~L80 to punch your way to dragon.

Literally me. With the added bonus that I also happen to have blademaster as well in my class list. Earth Lord bashing is JUST. THAT. GOOD.

• Synbios said:
    Nazihk said:

If you're a Depthswalker who can't stand bashing as Depthswalker, it's totally reasonable to go pick up Earthlord at ~L80 to punch your way to dragon.

Literally me. With the added bonus that I also happen to have blademaster as well in my class list. Earth Lord bashing is JUST. THAT. GOOD.
    I feel like maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I feel like I'm beating my head against a rock -pun intended- trying to get Earth Lord. Even as a fairly tanky individual I'm still getting destroyed by like any mobs I try to kill. Not to mention already just being garbage at questing in general and not having citymates to ask for help. 
  • You're going to need help for Earth (everyone does, even artied dragons!). Earth is supposed to be all about endurance and persistence (read: tanking or cheesing).
     <3 
  • Strum lyre

• Lyre shouldn't be working for all of the Earth challenges.
     <3 
  • I used the Lyre word in Terminus (Kail I think) and then Ictinus asked if it was too easy...

I apologize to everyone who had to get Earth Lord after me.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Not sure what you're apologizing for. He said he didn't make any changes to it.
  • Does anyone happen to know what would cause me not getting the 'Type More (x%)' option on help files? When I look at any help file now, it just displays the whole thing and I've gotta scroll up to the top to read. I'm sure this is probably some setting I messed with or something, but I've been trying to figure it out for a while and I'm clearly too dense to realize what it is.
  • You might have a trigger somewhere that's gagging the lines and auto sending 'more'. If you recently started using a system of some kind you might want to check there, @Satum. It's been a while since I last checked svof but there might be one in there.
  • config pagelength
  • Another option would be a script that uses the IRE.Display gmcp package (like my basher). For some reason enabling that has visible side effects.
  • Is there a way to see how many lessons a specific ability is after you've transcended the skillset?
    This is particularly frustrating when trying to help novices get an idea for a clear-cut lesson plan when you can't remember how many lessons to Bliss, for example.
  • Keneanung said:
    Another option would be a script that uses the IRE.Display gmcp package (like my basher). For some reason enabling that has visible side effects.
    Yep, that’s probably what it is, then. I don’t suppose you know any workarounds for it?
  • Iohanna said:
    This is particularly frustrating when trying to help novices get an idea for a clear-cut lesson plan when you can't remember how many lessons to Bliss, for example.
    Tell them to AB <skill> and they'll be able to see it.

• Satum said:
    Keneanung said:
    Another option would be a script that uses the IRE.Display gmcp package (like my basher). For some reason enabling that has visible side effects.
    Yep, that’s probably what it is, then. I don’t suppose you know any workarounds for it?
    None except having a set of aliases that disables and enables the gmcp package. I might also change the basher to enable the gmcp package only when autoattacking (just came to my mind).
  • Quick question: where do class mounts fit in the realm of defensive bonus from riding? Anything? Mostly curious about tarot chariot - but also giraffe, chimera, and any other mountable pets. Legendary? 

they don’t say under description.
  • I don't think chariot gives any bonus, not sure about giraffes. Any others depend on the mount's level like usual (the numerical level, like "level 90", not light/heavy/legendary/etc.).
  • How can you tell the level of a mount?