Price of Credits

2»

Comments

• I tried Aetolia very recently, and I think the reason of the 7k credits is because they absolutely gutted their bashing gold. As in, bashing will cost you more gold than it would gain (from curatives, etc.)

While a novel idea, it wasn't too easy for me as a novice to have to spend time bashing (for exp) and then questing (for gold).
     <3 
  • Yeah Aetolia used to have higher prices and then they did a massive bashing gold nerf.
  • What a nightmare.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• edited February 2018
    Credit prices in all the games are pretty closely proportionate to the amount of gold you can get in said games. If you look into that, rather that outright saying "Omg prices are so much higher/lower!" you'd be able to see as much. 10k in Lusternia is about 3-4k in Achaea, in terms of easiness to acquire at higher levels.

• Mathonwy said:
    When I started, I believe they were considered expensive at around 5k per. People who had been around when I was new told me they remembered when they were sold for ~3k. At the end of the day, inflation is the norm for credits; the cost would decrease if and only if gold were the only way to acquire them, but it isn't.

And that's not a bad thing. If the game doesn't make $$$, you lose talent (producers etc.) and you lose opportunities for events etc., and the more money it makes, the more resources they can invest because they'll see a better return on those investments. And so do cities etc. since they get a certain percentage of citizens' purchases, which in turn further drives people away from CFS.

Factor in people making money speculating on the credit market, and it's a wonder the cost on average isn't 50k per.

That's a really interesting argument, it's probably not an uncomplicatedly "good thing" though.  My sense of Achaea is that it's probably reasonably dependent on a relatively small number of big spenders and the regular smattering you get from the rest is a nice bonus.  I remember when I first started playing, the idea of dropping real actual money on credits for a text game seemed.... fairly bonkers.  It was a huge mental hurdle to get over (I jumped over it with aplomb later though).  I existed on CFS credits for a good long while - up to the point where I could trans a skill or two, get GR5, and all the rest of it.  I don't know how I would have felt if credits had been 10k then, rather than whatever they were - 4k?  Maybe I'd have just jumped the fence earlier.  But equally likely I might not have done, got frustrated trying to stonefist my way to level 80, and quit.  Which would have, in the long run anyway, been a revenue decrease for IRE.

There's probably a balance I guess is what I'm saying, and 10k does feel super super expensive (to me as a semi-retired old timer anyway).  I have no idea how to fix that, and I've read some of the threads here about gold economies in games - enough to know that there are people way smarter, and way better read than I am, who still don't really know what to do about it.  What if you could only be a buyer or a seller for a week at a time or something?  Would that stop speculation?  (The idea being that you're probably either generally gold-rich or gold-poor and so it's very rare that you would need to buy and sell within a shortish period of time).  That feels sensible? 

I have a longer, typically cynical old-timer kind of post about how Achaea is starting to feel like it is only catering to established, high spending types, but that's probably for another day.  I do know that I log in sometimes, and I feel overwhelmed with all the stuff.  The new artifacts, the new talismans, mining, elemental lords, combat, how people communicate, ships, planar travel, continental travel, island travel.  And there is an interesting pattern of online games doing that - because you need to make it more complicated, more diverse in order to keep your big spending players happy (and spending) but it makes it less open to new players, more intimidating.  I dunno.  I don't really trust my instinct as to whether or not that's a thing, because you have to be wise to the "back in my day, everything was awesome, and now everything is terrible" feeling that most people who've been around succumb to at some point.  It's a feeling I have though.

• I took a long break, but I played quite a bit in 2003-2006 when credits seemed to hover between 5-6k. I honestly think that the current 10k-ish for credits is a better deal. Gold is much easier to get than it used to be. I used to fish a lot back then and could fish up about a credit in a real-life hour. Now even a level-80 person hunting for a solid hour should make well over 10k, and it only goes up from there. 
  • edited February 2018
    What the hell is a lv 80 bashing for a solid hour to give them over 10k that isn't 1) already bashed out by dragons (see: Dun Fort, Moghedu) or 2) really cheap on gold drops?
  • Azdun beesh!

• I'm clearly bashing the wrong areas then. An hour nets me 50-60k if that.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • New Hope, Creville (often hunted out), Qurnok, Southern Vashnars, Sea Lion Cove, Aalen fairies and spider cave, Tundra, Aran'riod. 
  • Aegoth said:
    What the hell is a lv 80 bashing for a solid hour to give them over 10k that isn't 1) already bashed out by dragons (see: Dun Fort, Moghedu) or 2) really cheap on gold drops?
    Pretty much every level 80ish bashing area is the answer to this question.

• Yeah, and if the L80 has artifacts the possibilities open up dramatically.
  • I can't help but feel like Aegoth misread that and thought 100k.

• That's a good point. It is easier to get gold nowadays .
  • What is this 8000 gold a credit? Let’s bring it back to the old days of 2000 per. 
  • I remember Jarik and daddy's credit card selling a good amount for 500 each.

Back then most people were poor and only had 3k in their pack :(

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Back in the day there were not crits, few hunting grounds, even curatives were expensive (almost no one ate moss regularly which ran for 50 gold a piece) if you had 100k you were a Rockefeller.  Also monk was really the only good bashing class back then and could punch like 100 times a second.
  • And you had to walk 15 miles in the snow, uphill,  just for the pleasure of being one shot with a Jhui AXK.

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.