What browser do you use?

Bored & was testing a proof-of-concept for Nexus/local-javascript crossover. Surprisingly not too difficult. However, I only use Chrome.

Wondering what people use as their browser to get a feel of what may be the client population. @Tecton probably has the answer for current Nexus users.

The Nexus code that allows this currently if you're interested:

<p>/*</p><p>&nbsp; Subversion v0.01</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;*/</p><p><br></p><p>subv = (function() {</p><p>&nbsp;var log&nbsp; = console.log</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;var root = 'file:///bla/bla/bla'</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;// https://stackoverflow.com/a/10612311</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;root = 'chrome-extension://cffbdnelaahmhckckpgmdjjfekonhojn/subv.main.js'</p><p>&nbsp;var c&nbsp; &nbsp; = {}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;var exy&nbsp; = function(what) { if (typeof what != 'undefined') { return true }; return false }</p><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;var init = function() {</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;// enslave Nexus</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;if (exy(Nexus)) { subv.c = Nexus; c = subv.c }</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;// inject external</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;inject(root, 'script')</p><p>&nbsp;}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;var inject = function(datum, type, cb) {</p><p>&nbsp; if (type == 'script') {</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; var head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; var elem = document.createElement('script')</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; elem.src = datum</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; elem.onload = function() { log('Completed loading.') }</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; head.appendChild(elem)</p><p>&nbsp; }</p><p>&nbsp; if (type == 'css') {</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; $('body').append('<div class="subv-rule">&shy;<style>' + rule + '</style></div>')</p><p>&nbsp; }</p><p>&nbsp;}</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;return {</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;c&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;: c,</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;init&nbsp; : init,</p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;inject: inject,</p><p>&nbsp;}</p><p>})()</p><p><br></p><p>subv.init()</p>

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Comments

• I've never seen another reason to use anything other than Chrome.
  • Tor. Although it' Firefox in reality. Chrome for everything else. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Firefox ordinarily. Been testing out Brave with friends recently, though. Seems to be pretty good so far.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I don't like the sheer number of processes that Chrome spawns, so don't use it on my tablet. Edge came preinstalled with Windows 10 and does what I need.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I use opera because chrome used to slow my computer down too much
  • edited January 2018
    Pyori said:
    Firefox ordinarily. Been testing out Brave with friends recently, though. Seems to be pretty good so far.
    Can't edit post now, but yeah... Noticing a significant performance improvement over both Firefox and Chrome, having used them both on this computer before... Seems to run pretty nicely on my phone and tablet, too. Even on gif/image-heavy sites/page.

Don't think I'll be going back.

• I use Chrome, Firefox, and TOR depending on the task. Internet Explorer only exists when people only optimize their testware/courseware with Internet Explorer.

• Pyori said:
    Pyori said:
    Firefox ordinarily. Been testing out Brave with friends recently, though. Seems to be pretty good so far.
    Can't edit post now, but yeah... Noticing a significant performance improvement over both Firefox and Chrome, having used them both on this computer before... Seems to run pretty nicely on my phone and tablet, too. Even on gif/image-heavy sites/page.

Don't think I'll be going back.
    Interesting, will look at it.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• I use Vivaldi when I have to run Nexus.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Firefox for me. I was using Chrome at one point, but I had a bad experience with it. It felt like a whole bunch of processes running, some of them wouldn't even shut down properly. So after a couple of days of coming home to discover my computer was still running in a hot room in a tropical climate, I decided to go back to Firefox.

• RomRom
    edited January 2018
    I used Chrome for a little while when it came out and was excellent, but I switched back after a while since it feels like it’s just gotten worse as firefox has gotten better. I like chrome better on underpowered machines like my laptop though. My little brother has been testing brave and likes it so I may give it a try.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • I mostly use Chrome; however, there are some times when applications/systems run better in another browser so I will switch to whatever platform is best, depending on what I'm doing. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I use Opera. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I used Chrome. I was gonna switch to FireFox because on my old potato processor opening chrome would have it sit there at 100% for a few minutes while it came up. After I got my new processor tho it only takes up ~10% which I'm good with, so I'm sticking with it due to sheer laziness

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Firefox on my end. Used to use chrome but too much stuff. So I moved to a derivative of it. Same issues. Now on firefox!
  • On desktop I mostly use Pale Moon, with Chrome just for access to certain browser extensions (Enhanced Steam, for example). On Android, I've tried a lot of browsers but I've never found one I really like, I'm using Firefox for now but I'm not really satisfied with it.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I use Chrome at home, and FF at work. I've been meaning to switch to FF for everything since Chrome is a greedy memory goblin, but I keep forgetting (or being lazy and just not doing it).