Gem of cloaking status

Comments

• I think Silvarien is the one who won that Rudis (no arena fees), I forget what that spider silk amulet did though. Also, that ship in a bottle was a total waste for me, I'd probably still have it if I had picked Zanzibaar instead of Prin.

• spider silk = denizen buckawns

what happened to your ship?
  • Dunn said:
    Wait wait wait. @Khaibit your gem hides you from who in the sense that your location isn’t shown. The veil nerf is the only thing that affected shop stocking. Anyone with a veil could have farseen you in a stockroom before, though. I still can’t parse wholist and see you in a stockroom with the changes. I can still just spam farsee you to catch you in a shop. 

with the gem I wasn't on qw at all, now my name is always there except for the 10 minutes it allows me. I used to be able to put the gem on, vanish long enough that people didn't know I was around and deal with my shops. 
    Now I vanish for 10 minutes, everyone knows I'm in my pissing shop and likely to be in another one soon. I can't restock my shops in 10 minutes. 

• Chameleon tattoo.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited January 2018
    Or just don't use it when they expect you to use it. Throw people off or something. Not sure it'd work, but.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Khaibit said:
    Dunn said:
    Wait wait wait. @Khaibit your gem hides you from who in the sense that your location isn’t shown. The veil nerf is the only thing that affected shop stocking. Anyone with a veil could have farseen you in a stockroom before, though. I still can’t parse wholist and see you in a stockroom with the changes. I can still just spam farsee you to catch you in a shop. 

with the gem I wasn't on qw at all, now my name is always there except for the 10 minutes it allows me. I used to be able to put the gem on, vanish long enough that people didn't know I was around and deal with my shops. 
    Now I vanish for 10 minutes, everyone knows I'm in my pissing shop and likely to be in another one soon. I can't restock my shops in 10 minutes. 
    ..I think this is the point. Same reason why stock rooms are required to have stockroom in the name.
  • Anyone who was actively trying to rob you knew that you had a gem and would sense you frequently anyway.

Just like Dunn senses me every 7 seconds to see if I'm in Annwyn.

• Honestly that's usually a coincidence. Or I have an oddly specific sixth sense.

• Dunn jumped me while I was betting on the humgii races last night! No chill :(
  • Gambling's bad.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Gem seems well worth 400 credits to me with its current functionality. 400 credits is cheap as far as artefacts go.

That being said, a refund/tradein for artefacts like veil got sounds fair to me. It did change quite a bit in functionality from what a lot of people bought it for.

• edited January 2018
    Nazihk said:
    Aegoth said:
    How about make it so that the gem alerts you to scrying attempts?
    No, no, no, fuck that, no.

Imperian had something like that and it's quite possibly the worst decision they ever made. And that is saying something.

Here's the effect that kind of thing has: You're hunting, I dunno... Mezghar. You're hunting Mezghar because he puts ranch on everything and is therefore deserving of death. Ranch is disgusting. You decide to see where he is, so you farsee him. He's bashing in Azdun.

Or rather, he was bashing in Azdun, because as soon as he saw the farsight attempt against him he popped his fulcrum and ran back to Targossas. 

Repeat every time you want to kill anybody ever.
    Who was it who used to hide with a Monolith in Celidon? (Or was it Khandava before the revamp?) Was it Therian? I can't bloody remember. That guy ran faster than anything I've ever seen.
  • Alvetta twists raksha so fast I’m surprised it doesn’t take the finger clean off. 

Or some other A magicker 

• What makes you think it's worn on the finger.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• raksha rants

for a terrifying split second i thought i was back in imperian

war flashbacks
     <3 
  • tf is raksha

• Raksha band was an auction artefact in Imperian that was basically a resettable, reusable raido, only it wasn't stopped by (almost) anything. (I think Impale and certain promotion items were the only things that stopped it). in addition, for a period of time, you could set it, give to someone, and force them to twist to take them to a setup gank. Recall the artefact and then twist yourself. (Imperian had a command that let you recall your artefacts).

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Cyr said:
    Raksha band was an auction artefact in Imperian that was basically a resettable, reusable raido, only it wasn't stopped by (almost) anything. (I think Impale and certain promotion items were the only things that stopped it). in addition, for a period of time, you could set it, give to someone, and force them to twist to take them to a setup gank. Recall the artefact and then twist yourself. (Imperian had a command that let you recall your artefacts).
    Lol. Doesn't sound OP at all.

• It was pretty universally hated. They eventually stopped offering it in auctions at all, but let those players who had already purchased one keep it. Last time I looked they were all retired/dormant save one. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Accipiter said:
    Khaibit said:
    Dunn said:

..I think this is the point. Same reason why stock rooms are required to have stockroom in the name.
    and that's why I spent 400 credits to try and protect myself a little more

• edited January 2018
    We practised multiple strats to try and pull off that raksha impale. :(

Need counselling for PTSD.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited January 2018
    the changing of the Gem and then the decision to not give us full 400cr refunds is another in a short line of poor decisions I feel the Garden has made.  Decisions that alienate people and make us feel like little more than credit purchasing robots.

I have petitioned a few times and each time they will not give me the full refund.
    as it stands the Gem is useless for the reasons I bought it.

It is the equivalent of saying 'we changed the shield of absorption, it only works for 10 minutes now.  Oh an no refunds.' 

Yeah I'm angry.  Who knows what I'll buy next that'll be changed or taken away and I have no recourse.

They would give me a full 400cr if I bought the gem in the last 30 days. (so 31 days and you're out of luck. Seems arbitrary but there's likely much I don't know).

When I calculate the purchase of an artie, I figure exactly what it's worth by how long I will have to use it before I 'break even'. (ie the painters pallete, or permanent tattoo ink)

I regret the purchase of the gem at this point, and yet, I can't bring myself to trade it in.  My sense of fairness has been offended, and I know I'll get over it, but it just adds more ammo to the pile that is my growing distaste for the rulers of these realms.
    -Rane
  • Atalkez said:
    I mean, how? Go buy a TV at Walmart, use it for a year, then try to return it. Go buy a book and try to return is 6 months later. Most anything you purchase has an absolute shelf life on any future trade ins. IRE offers a 66% trade in permanently. This is a feature of the company, not a requirement. They aren’t offering a trade in on the gem because they don’t see it as an issue, apparently. Maybe the stance will change, but if it doesn’t, I can’t really blame them.

That post makes you sound extremely entitled.
    I don't actually disagree with you, but I do think its very important to note the pretty massive differences between a TV and 400 credits. Namely, a TV has a production cost. Someone built it, and they had to pay something to have it built. A percentage (albeit a pretty small one) of the cost of buying that TV goes towards paying off the cost of producing it/purchasing it for a distributor, and -then- Walmart gets profit from whatever is left. This is not the case in digital products such as credits. IRE has payroll just like any other company, as well as server costs and the like, but they do not have any production costs directly associated with the products they sell, and thus they don't really lose anything by offering a partial refund of what you spend those credits on. In fact, I would argue that in doing so they motivate you to spend more money on a product that they have no production cost on, because you don't have to spend as much to get a new toy. If you had to spend 3 times as much when you got tired of one thing and wanted another, people probably wouldn't do it nearly as often, and thus IRE wouldn't actually make as much money.

That being said, when they offer you a straight 100% refund, they're essentially losing the potential income of you spending just a little bit more to get whatever it is that you might want to use those credits on instead. Considering they do have payroll and server costs and such to pay, and you did get many years of functionality out of the item that still has a lot of its function, I don't think its unreasonable for them to only offer the standard 66% refund like they normally do.

• It's more, you buy the TV from Walmart, you use it for a year then suddenly you can only use it for 10 minutes at a time until it shuts off. If you can return it just depends on the amount of time the warranty is listed as.

Unfortunately, the artefact purchases in Achaea do not come with warranties.

• edited January 2018
    I mean, I used tangible objects, which isn’t quite the same thing. Buy Adobe and ask for a refund in 6 months because they changed the layout. Purchase a WoW subscription then ask for a refund because they nerfed your character. While digital content may not have necessarily the same production costs; it did at one point have to be produced, and the company values that particular string of data at some evaluation. So while it’s easy to say they don’t lose anything because it’s digital and technically cost nearly nothing to produce - they are still losing their perceived/realized (it’s been purchased at X before) value of that string of information/data.

What they choose to do with they value is entirely up to them.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited January 2018
    Atalkez said:
    I mean, I used tangible objects. Buy Adobe and ask for a refund in 6 months. Purchase a WoW subscription then ask for a refund when it expires. While digital content may not have necessarily the same production costs; it did at one point have to be produced, and the company values that particular string of data at some evaluation. So while it’s easy to say they don’t lose anything because it’s digital and technically cost nearly nothing to produce - they are still losing their perceived/realized (it’s been purchased at X before) value of that string of information/data.

What they choose to do with they value is entirely up to them.
    I mean Blizzard will refund partial subscriptions equivalent to how much time is left on it... Much in the same way that IRE offers partial refunds when you decide you don't want the item anymore somewhere down the line.

Blizzard will offer refunds within ~72 hours of purchase (depending on the item in question), if you decide to go back on your decision... Much in the same IRE will offer a full refund within a reasonable timeframe, if you decide to go back on your decision...

IRE already acts like pretty much every company out there acts, when it comes to their refund policy. I'm not sure why people like to lambast them. You don't get companies offering refunds when content changes somewhere down the line, from most types of big-name companies. Frankly I think it's absurd that people want full refunds when artifacts change, even if they've had said artifact for like a year.

• I don't really care that much about full refunds, but veil got one for a buff and gem got a massive nerf without one. I'd at least like some extra functionality added to gem to make up for the nerf.
  • Traded in my gem - wasn't worth keeping and I was happier to use the 266 credits on other artefacts. I definitely feel like the value of it is now massively decreased and I wouldn't pay more than 200 credits to re-buy. And while the admin are under no obligation to fully refund anything - I would have thought that they'd have done it with gem given how much of a change they made to its functionality.

I disagree with the fact that people keep referring to the veil change as a buff.

Whether it's a buff / nerf entirely comes down to what you bought it for, i.e. which aspects of its abilities most suited your wants/needs.

You and I, Kiet, might consider it a buff because it enhances our abilities to find people, others who wanted it to hide themselves (for whatever reason) will consider it a nerf.

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Veil was a complete change in functionality.
    Gem was a nerf to previous functionality.