Svof

Comments

• does svof still update with the popup in the corner or are we gonna have to replace the svof we have with the new one?
  • edited January 2018
    If I set up everything correctly and you switch to the "testing" branch, you should be getting the update automatically.

Edit: You can switch svof release branches with "vconfig releasechannel <testing|stable>".
  • ^ switch on Sunday. You can't switch yet to get the beta for testing, it's not there yet.
  • can't wait for this to go live. Multiclass! Yay!!
  • Awesome! Thanks Vadi!

With that being said, I need a list of volunteers that would be willing to start working on the high priority known bugs that are currently within Svof. I believe @Shirszae, @Klendathu and @Cooper all mentioned that if this was changed, they would be happy to contribute. The list of known issues lives here: https://github.com/svof/svof/issues

I will hold to my word and contribute to a credit pool (hopefully with others that also use Svof) so people are getting something out of helping the community!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I'm standing by what i said before, I'm going to involve myself in things. I said I would with the crowdmap and mapping script, and I said I would with Svof

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am still willing to help, yeah. Just need to figure out what I need to do, exactly. Already signed up on github.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I do not use svof, and cannot test any of the changes, but I'm fairly willing to help fix bugs provided someone else is willing to test the fixes. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • edited January 2018
    Answering some questions:

Q) What Mudlet version is required?

A) At least 3.6.0 which has the autoupdater - this'll allow the system to make use of the latest features in Mudlet as they come.

Q) This is installed as a module with sync, does this mean all profiles will get it?

A) Sync does 2 things 1) sync modules across all other profiles, if the module is also installed in another profile 2) updated the .xml file on your computer. Sync is just used here for the 2nd feature of it, and Svof will not get automatically installed across all your profiles.
  • Update: https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/gh-pages/testing/Svof.v33.2.zip

Automatic update doesn't work yet, so you'll need to manually uninstall the old modules and install the new one. This should fix a "svo.addaff" error as well as Dragonform in/out errors.

Still need people to test and check off items at https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329!

If you've got questions about any code, now that it's all in Mudlet, feel free to ask as well.
  • Bump! Need more people involved with testing the Beta. I think we are almost to a point where it can be reliable in a raid! Please HALP.
  • Anyone doing testing on the in-client-svof, a workaround for the parry issues is to copy your sp_config file over from one profile to the other. (It is located from the mudlet folder: ..profiles/(profile name)/svo/config/sp_config)
  • CyrCyr
    edited January 2018
    If you're testing the beta in client Svof, and you come across an issue please file an issue on the github. In addition, please give as much information as possible. Tell us what's happening, what commands you used right before it started happening, what errors both SVOF and Mudlet are telling you, etc. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • edited January 2018
    New beta, 33.3, fixes some of the reported issues: https://github.com/svof/svof/raw/gh-pages/testing/Svof.v33.3.zip

Thanks to the people who've been testing the list reporting things on github! Once the list is complete and there's new migration bugs found, this new in-client version w/ multiclass support will be out.

This beta also includes a selection of the addons including peopletracker @Zykatious
  • Tested:
    - Serpent class switch defup and keepup looks okay to me
    - Runewarden class switch defup and keepup looks okay to me
    - Bard class switch defup and keepup looks okay to me

Problems:
    - Shows me this when I class switch: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/wAdYCXTp
    - Monk > Shikudo, kept trying to send "guard"
    - Health or mana changes show up before prompt, whereas previously it was after prompt
    - Depthswalker defup and keepup doesn't seem to be working correctly. It doesn't defup the stuffs I want it to defup.
    - existing custom prompt doesn't carry over to the new SVOF

I don't have github and doesn't know how to use that, so I posted it here... or if there's other options. Will test more when I have more time.Thanks.
  • Thanks for testing! I'll have a look at this feedback.

You can sign up on Github for free, and commenting is rather obvious - I recommend to do it as it's the single way to keep issues organised. If it's not on github, issues might as well be unknown because having them scattered all over will just make it difficult for people who'll take up updating on Svof :smile:
  • New beta: https://github.com/svof/svof/raw/gh-pages/testing/Svof.v33.4.zip

Fixes the issue with some spam on enabling serverside and other things. Only known issue in beta right now is aeon/ret curing sometimes spams and changing classes or dragonform in/out a lot repeats the 'system save' and other echoes.
  • The default prios in Svof are pretty outdated - need new ones. Could someone who's into combat these days submit updates ones?
  • @Atalkez just released a Curing Bible to help returning people, maybe he would contribute his expertise here?
  • It’s less static priorities and more the ability to change them fluidly. Happy to give my personal default prios.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Yeah, even just the defaults would help - export and PM them. Thanks!
  • @Vadimuses @Atalkez if you dont have it by the time i get home I redid svos list and imported it to my profile a few days ago. Ill send you the file marked 'current' as well. Not sure how gpod it is but it works for me as far as static prios go
  • Veldrin said:
    for water lord if you open the svo file in notepad++ (it's in the .config/mudlet/profiles/<name of your profile> folder for windows) 

search for -- Dragoncraft: everyone gets it, then you can add this in after that block

<div>-- Elemental Lord
    <br></div><div>defs_data:set("ElementalLord", { type = "Elemental",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; offline_defence = true,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; invisibledef = true,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; stays_on_death = true,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; on = {"With a cursory thought, you still your clamorous heart and arise whole, gazing out from within your titanic waters. All around you, above and below, life surges. Every pulse and beat, you feel as your own. By the will of Sllshya, Water is yours to command!","Your elemental might has already overtaken your form."},</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; off = "Primal water abandons you, your flawed physicality reasserting itself once more as you forsake your primordial form." })</div><div>&nbsp; defs_data:set("cohesion", { type = "Elemental",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; specialskip = function() return not defc.ElementalLord end,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; def = "You have altered the cohesion of your form.",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; on = {"You alter the cohesion of your fluid form.", "You have already altered the cohesiveness of your form."}})</div>

then search for defences.lost("dragonarmour") and after the 
    <div>&nbsp; &nbsp; oncompleted = function()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; defences.lost("dragonarmour")</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; }</div><div>&nbsp; },

</div>
    bit you insert

<div>cohesion = {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; physical = {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; balanceful_act = true,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; aspriority = 0,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; spriority = 0,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; def = true,</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; isadvisable = function ()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; return (((sys.deffing and defdefup[defs.mode].cohesion and not defc.cohesion) or (conf.keepup and defkeepup[defs.mode].cohesion and not defc.cohesion)) and not codepaste.balanceful_defs_codepaste() and defc.ElementalLord) or false</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end,</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; oncompleted = function ()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; defences.got("cohesion")</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end,</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; action = "manifest cohesion",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; onstart = function ()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; send("manifest cohesion", conf.commandecho)</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; },</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; gone = {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; oncompleted = function()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; defences.lost("cohesion")</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; }</div><div>&nbsp; }</div>
    after that find me.skills and insert after your class skills 

</code>&nbsp; Elemental = true</pre><br><br>mine looks like this due to also being an alchemist<br><br><div></div><pre class="CodeBlock"><code><div>me.skills = {</div><div>&nbsp; elementalism = true,</div><div>&nbsp; crystalism = true,</div><div>&nbsp; artificing = true,</div><div>&nbsp; physiology = true,</div><div>&nbsp; transmutation = true,</div><div>&nbsp; alchemy = true,</div><div>&nbsp; Elemental = true</div><div>}</div>

I also got in mudlet itself a script that does

if gmcp.Char.Status.race == "Elemental Lord" then svo.defc.ElementalLord&nbsp; = true else svo.defc.ElementalLord&nbsp; = false end

That'll make you able to add 'cohesion' to a defup method and have it show in DEF (along with Elemental Lord as Dragons do), it's not as fancy as the Dragon one cause I haven't entirely figured out how that was done yet :tongue:

It also doesn't do squat for curing, it just makes you able to def up easier via vdefs <mode>
    I've tried this a few times now, but it keeps having an unexpected and critical failure result. I get a similar fault if I use gem of reincarnation after I died in dragonform, but then re-entering dragonform fixes it. For some reason the svo. structure seems to fail and none of the svo functions work anymore. I've edited the "svo" notepad, restarted mudlet and then the problems begin.. First my custom prompt disappears and I get "attempt to call a nil value" spammed on my screen. Svo functions like vconfig, vshow doesn't work anymore. vlua svo works, vlua svo.bals does not work.

See logs for behavior and errors.. Any idea what might be the problem?

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/LQZ63ef3

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/L7D7XZzn
  • Yea, you broke something and have a bunch of nil values. You probably accidentally deleted something important you goober.
  • --  defs_data_set("fireshroud", { type = "Elemental",

--    specialskip = function() return not defc.dragonform end,

--    def = "You have shrouded youself with flame.",

--    on = "A shroud of flame bursts into being, cloaking you in a burning aura of crimson.")

I removed this and it started working again. Why it hate my fireshroud defence?
  • Rangor said:
    --  defs_data_set("fireshroud", { type = "Elemental",

--    specialskip = function() return not defc.dragonform end,

--    def = "You have shrouded youself with flame.",

--    on = "A shroud of flame bursts into being, cloaking you in a burning aura of crimson.")

I removed this and it started working again. Why it hate my fireshroud defence?
    Missing that } to close the Elemental.......... dammit
  • Ok. doesn't work very well. Something's missing. vshow defup and vshow keepup turns up empty, vconfig2 has lost "custom prompt" for example and custom prompt is no longer showing. It's like it doesn't know which class/race it is anymore.

I'm using the svo allclasses ahmet made a while back btw.
  • I'll wait for new beta to progress :pensive:
  • If you want to add a new def, you have to add it to the def table and the dictionary.
    It looks like you added it to the def table, but not the dictionary, which contains defup logic.

Based on the way Veldrin implemented his Elemental form, your def table addition should look something like this:
    <div> defs_data:set("fireshroud", { type = "Elemental",</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; specialskip = function() return not defc.ElementalLord end,  // Note this should be ElementalLord, not dragonform</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; def = "You have shrouded youself with flame.",</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; on = "A shroud of flame bursts into being, cloaking you in a burning aura of crimson."})</div>

Your dict addition should look something like this:
    <div>fireshroud = {</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; physical = {</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; balanceful_act = true,</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; aspriority = 0,</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; spriority = 0,</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; def = true,</div><div>
    <br></div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; isadvisable = function ()</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; return (((sys.deffing and defdefup[defs.mode].fireshroud and not defc.fireshroud ) or (conf.keepup and defkeepup[defs.mode].fireshroud and not defc.fireshroud )) and not codepaste.balanceful_defs_codepaste() and defc.ElementalForm) or false</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end,</div><div>
    <br></div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; oncompleted = function ()</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; defences.got("fireshroud")</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end,</div><div>
    <br></div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; action = "manifest fireshroud",</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; onstart = function ()</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; send("manifest fireshroud", conf.commandecho)</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; },</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; gone = {</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; oncompleted = function()</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; defences.lost("fireshroud")</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end</div><div>
    &nbsp; &nbsp; }</div><div>
    &nbsp; },</div>
    Finally, you can add it to the sstosvoa table, which contains the way it appears in GMCP. If GMCP called fireshroud, "fireveil" or something, it would look like this:
    fireveil = "fireshroud",
    Adding a new aff would be more complex. I'm not sure if it's doable by directly modifying the svo file, but details can be found here: https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/master/Developer readme.md

Thankfully, with the new changes, you no longer have to dig through raw files, but the gist of how to add defs/affs should be the same.