Dallas Meet - March 2018

Comments

• well... sounds like it will be incredibly boring for me then

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • TBH that's why I never go to this kind of thing. If you don't drink it's nothing but watching a bunch of drunk people. 
  • Aralaya said:
    well... sounds like it will be incredibly boring for me then
    We can play a board game. :wink:
  • I also am not a drinker, so we definitely can find other things to do @Nazihk

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Chubbs said:
    Aralaya said:
    well... sounds like it will be incredibly boring for me then
    We can play a board game. :wink:
    No Monopoly. I don't completely hate all of you and might dislike that happening because of a board game.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The couple I've been to, drinking has definitely been involved but I wouldn't consider it central. We either checked our local cool things (like going to MoMA in NYC, or seeing line dancing in Nashville), or played awesome games together (Cards Against Humanity in NYC, and then Bards Dispense Profanity in Nashville, as well as another game I can't remember the name of). From the list, it looks like there's a ton of cool things to do in Dallas, too. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Oh, right. We played Munchkins!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I went to the meetup in Vegas a few years back and had a good time despite being underage. It shouldn't be much of an obstacle.
  • I'm looking at tickets, but I'll be there for a week if I fly over, not just the two days. How are hotels/airbnb's over there if I stay longer?
  • Melodie said:
    Oh, right. We played Munchkins!
    MUNCHKINSSSS. Time to make them super.
  • If there are enough vehicles we could always go to the Fort Worth Stockyards too!

• Lilou said:
    I'm looking at tickets, but I'll be there for a week if I fly over, not just the two days. How are hotels/airbnb's over there if I stay longer?
    You can find anything you would want or need in the DFW area, pretty much without fail.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I plan on alcohol.
  • Cooper said:
    I haven't heard from pretty much anyone on what activities you want to do. Depending on what everyone wants to do, the best area to stay in changes a good amount. Please reply with what you're comfortable with/want to do, or suggest other things if my original list didn't have what you want.

From the links Lii posted, most of those aren't going to be viable due to location. Here are the ones that would generally be OK.

https://www.vrbo.com/4423751ha
    https://www.vrbo.com/4742421ha
    https://www.vrbo.com/874161
    https://www.vrbo.com/4737897ha

You're looking for locations that are west/northwest of downtown Dallas, but not too far west.

Is anyone up for doing this? @Zenii, @Lii ?
  • @Lilou. I am up for those locations. Also, @Aralaya ..I plan to bring uno, cards, Scrabble, Life, and Monopoly...I may even have Risk. So...great non drunk and drunk fun!!!!
  • Risk is even worse than Monopoly.

Fuck Risk.
  • Also, @Lilou from what I've checked just now, the first is unavailable, the second doesn't allow smoking, parties, or large gatherings (I don't smoke,so..it's whatever for me), the third is no smoking and parties, and the last, https://www.vrbo.com/4737897ha, seems to be the best bet.

• Lii said:
    Also, @Lilou from what I've checked just now, the first is unavailable, the second doesn't allow smoking, parties, or large gatherings (I don't smoke,so..it's whatever for me), the third is no smoking and parties, and the last, https://www.vrbo.com/4737897ha, seems to be the best bet.

Looks good! and a hot tub! Wooooh! If we get enough peeps then the 200/night shouldn't be bad. Are you up for staying longer than just the weekend?
  • Sadly, no. Getting the few days off I am is tricky enough, and I'm driving from TN. Probably going to pick up another Achaean, maybe two.  I may get there at earliest Thursday night and I'll leave later Sunday night.
  • @Lilou I'm willing to stay in one too! I'd rather have a mutual location!

@Aralaya and @Lii I can bring Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity, The Oregon Trail. 

Although I'll partake in drinking, I enjoy board games!
  • Zenii said:
    @Lilou I'm willing to stay in one too! I'd rather have a mutual location!

@Aralaya and @Lii I can bring Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity, The Oregon Trail. 

Although I'll partake in drinking, I enjoy board games!
    The Oregon Trail board game... uuuugh. My friends and I have only ever beaten it once.
  • edited January 2018
    I missed the cheap-tickets-deal that was ongoing by a day! So I can't come anymore :( I'll be flying over around christmas tho, perhaps a meetup then will be up and running? have fun you guyssss! <3
  • @Lilou I will be in Texas for the next 70 years, so you've got time.
  • So. Who is going to be arriving in Dallas and needing a place to sleep? This will let me know if one of those condo/apartment/house things are needed to be rented or if I should just focus on getting a simple hotel or whatever.
  • @Peak

Upcoming Reservations Confirmation #95276237

•  Please note –  This hotel does not offer a swimming pool

Stay

• Check in: Friday, March 2, 2018
    • Check out: Sunday, March 4, 2018
    • Room: 1
    • Adults: 1
    edit

Room

edit

Room Preferences

This hotel has a smoke-free policy

• Guaranteed

2 Double Beds.

Not Guaranteed

Early check-in.

Please Note:

Valid rate i.d. required, Non-commissionable rate.

edit

Guest Information

• Reservation for MICHAEL WILLIAMS
  • @Lii I'll be driving in from out of town. I'm willing to help split a place
  • @Leviticus I will be crashing that hotel room best believe

• So, only three (@talamond, @zenii, me) for a place to stay. If there are no others, we may as well do the same place Leviticus is at. No kitchen, but will be near each other and a little cheaper.
  • Cooper is in the area, and I’m in driving distance. I’m happy to help split something, if you can find something reasonable!