Support Priest best build / ab investment?

Hello everyone! I want to build a mostly support priest where fighting/spirituality isn't my focus. I play with my friends and sister and are almost always around them when hunting and possibly in the future with PVP. I don't know which route is better to play as a mostly or fully supporting priest (Healing Skill Tree or Devotion Skill Tree) and would like some guidance before I go spending my shiny new 1k lessons. Thank you in advance!

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    Unfortunately:

1) Builds don't vary much between players of the same class. Eventually, everyone wants to tri-trans (except maybe serpent, lol).

2) "Support" isn't a pure role on its own in Achaea, so you won't be able to make something like a healer class in other games.

3) Taking anything but spirituality first will leave you extremely dependent on others without really providing enough in return to make others want to carry you around beyond the pleasure of your company. The most useful support in Achaea is actually hitting your enemies.

That said, Devotion will provide more for you to help out with for hunting, though that's basically just a couple of rites, hands, bliss buffs and maybe bloodsworn. Hands is like 2 skills in, though, and bbliss isn't too far in.

Answers

• @Kiet Thank you so much for the thorough explanation. I definitely don't want to be a hindrance to those around me so I will invest properly. Your information has been extremely insightful I truly appreciate it!
  • We can talk in game, but in group fights as a priest it is possible to support rather than fight if that's what you really want.  It'll take some doing though
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."