Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Broken means restoration cured. Only legs, arms and head and torso don't count. Writhe time is calculated at time of impale, though there's a short grace period after a leg cures where it still counts to increase writhe time.

It's also not an increase per leg. There's an increase if both are broken, but that's it. I don't recall the exact increase (writhe times are pretty variable so it's hard to figure out), but it's long enough that they won't writhe before you recover balance.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited December 2017
    Antonius said:
    Broken means restoration cured.
    Does it really? Because if so, the AB should be reworded "damaged".
  • Mangled definitely wouldn't be correct (mangled is two restorations). It should say damaged (if it doesn't already) so it's consistent with the affliction names.

Either way, the effect kicks in when they have both legs requiring at least one restoration apply to cure.
    It says "two broken legs". Typo'd!
  • Antonius said:
    Mangled definitely wouldn't be correct (mangled is two restorations). It should say damaged (if it doesn't already) so it's consistent with the affliction names.

Either way, the effect kicks in when they have both legs requiring at least one restoration apply to cure.
    Okay thanks! The AB said broken, but thought it was restoration cured.. so yeah the AB should be changed to damaged then.
  • IIRC, each leg broken increases tumble time by 0.5s. So base is 4s. If you have one leg broken, you tumble out at 4.5s. If you have 2 legs broken, you tumble out by 5s. Arms are counted as well.
  • Should I keep my mana draining vision abilities up at all times, or should I put a script together that drops them when I'm indoors, flying, not near any trees, etc?

• That really depends how much mana and willpower regen you have. If you can keep them up without noticing, there's really no point in turning them on and off. If you can't, you might want to be more selective about it if they don't take balance/eq to turn on.
  • edited January 2018
    If you have a permanent moon, that's enough to cover alertness+vigilance+skywatch+groundwatch+treewatch+hypersight permanently (and none of those have enough willpower drain to matter), so as long as you aren't using mana for other things it couldn't hurt to keep it all active. Telesense and softfocus will each outpace moon on their own and drain significant willpower, and metawake will require at least level 2 mana regen (depends on your max mana) to cover.
  • I was told that all things that drain mana, also drain willpower, is that not correct?
  • Most things that cost mana also cost willpower, but there are some things only take mana. Specifically, out of the toggleable vision abilities, hypersight and alertness don't take any willpower to keep up (just a bit of willpower when you first enable them). And (sky|tree|ground)watch are negligible, only taking 1 willpower every 15 seconds, then vigilance is 3wp/15s, so your natural will regen at inept philosophy is almost 4 times what it costs to keep them all up.
  • Lovely, I do happen to have a permanent moon. The mana regen ring is a ways down my future purchase list though. Sounds like it is not worth the balance loss of constantly toggling those abilities if a moon can cover the mana.

For the time when I do eventually get lvl 2 mana regen, do telesense, softfocus and metawake outpace that as well? I have 18 int.

• When I had level 2 regen and permanent moon, I never noticed mana loss with everything up. Willpower was the major issue.
  • edited January 2018
    Moon+L2 regen will be enough to cover all the mana drains if you have at least 8660 max mana (which is very hard to achieve outside of artied dragonform/firelord). Metawake is by far the biggest drain; if you want to keep up everything except metawake, it only takes 3260 max mana with L2 regen or 8150 with L1 regen.
    Edit: If you get a suremekh'neina for L3 mana regen (or you have something else to add a level of regen), it only takes 5413 max mana to cover everything including metawake.

For willpower, keeping up everything except metawake will just barely outpace trans philosophy+megalith. You'll lose an average of about 0.05 willpower per second in that case. L1 will regen and you'll easily cover everything but metawake without needing a megalith. Again, metawake is the huge drain here. If you want to keep up everything including metawake, even L2 will regen and a megalith won't cover the drain, you'll still lose around 2.55 willpower per second on average.

• the tome of muses has windwhirl pages that allow one to throw things further, it looks amazing if it works on my formulation phials. Does it really require a target and not just a direction? I want to pop ice walls from a distance. 

I think the tome enables line of sight throws up to 6 rooms. How long is a bow by comparison, 10? How many 6 room throws does a full inspiration get?

Shub said:
    How many 6 room throws does a full inspiration get?
    Considering a tome holds at least 1000 inspiration, and Windwhirl only costs 30... a lot.
  • I don't get why I'm not curing tension? - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ih0NrVZ7 I'm pretty sure I'm on serverside

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I don't get why I'm not curing tension? - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ih0NrVZ7 I'm pretty sure I'm on serverside
    If your pipe is empty and you run out of the mineral necessary to smoke, it just won't cure it - doesn't give you any warning or anything. Check that

Both times he touches the tree, he's getting the tension cured line.
  • Actually, I had elm in my pipes from my other profile but was set to use trans to cure :skull:

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I'm trying to understand the functionality differences between educe silver, eye sigil and star sigil

educe silver undargetted seems to so the same thing as an eye sigl thrown at the ground, minus the soul blocking
    educe silver targetted seems to do the same thing as a star sigil, except it only affects a single target rather than everyone in the room?

Is that accurate?

Based on wording, targeted silver works only against a person's shrouded movement (whereas star sigil can reveal evade).

Untargeted unphases like thrown eye, but also has chance to pull people out of blackwind/astral.
  • edited January 2018
    Eye sigil, when thrown at the ground, unphases any serpents in the room. It does nothing to astralform/blackwind/souls.
    When dropped in the room, it prevents souls from entering, it does nothing to non-souls.

Educe silver, if targetted, makes the targets actions (unsure if it's only movement or if it also includes other things) visible through cloak/shroud, and also makes them show up in the room (although it doesn't affect hiding, you still need lifevision to see through that). In other words, it's basically an inferior version of thirdeye+hypersight that only works on one target for a limited time and takes 4-5s eq.
    Untargetted, it has a chance (don't know the actual chance, but definitely not guaranteed) to pull people in the room out of astralform/blackwind. Last I tested (it's been a while) it didn't apply to phase.

Star sigil, when thrown at the ground, temporarily makes evade visible for all serpents (edit: and blademasters) in the room. Last I checked (early 2015?) it only applied to evade, not shrouded/cloaked movement.

Assuming none of that has changed, that leaves zero overlap in functionality between the three abilities, they all apply to different things.
    edited January 2018
    Sena said:
    Untargetted, it has a chance (don't know the actual chance, but definitely not guaranteed) to pull people in the room out of astralform/blackwind. Last I tested (it's been a while) it didn't apply to phase.
    AB ALCHEMY SILVER presently says "If you do not specify a target, this ability will attempt to draw those who are astralformed, blackwinded, or phased in your location back to a physical state."

ETA: Found the change, Announce 4706:
    Alchemy
    -------
    * SILVER will also strip the PHASE state. It also knocks off balance.
    And star sigil defeats Shadowmancy Disperse.
  • What do I do to stop singing Lay in retardation? (among other weird things) - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ogcenL6U

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited January 2018
    What do I do to stop singing Lay in retardation? (among other weird things) - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ogcenL6U
    CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE <defence> RESET. Do it while you're in ret.

Delete your bard profile (if that's the one you gave up, I forget)
  • How do people suggest managing fury from chivalry? Can you disembowel while off eq? Do people just turn it on before they start their break sequence?
  • You can't disembowel off equilibrium, but you can fury off balance, so you can impale/fury prior to the disembowel.
  • You can also drop it whenever a command can go through, so to save it, FURY OFF after the DSB.