Gem and Veil (and Hood) Changes

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited January 2018
    Shub said:
    That's all I really want out of stealth artefacts, to hide from the big killers in the dangerous areas (within reason of course), to make them have to patrol the rooms and pull me out of hiding instead of waiting for their dinner bell to ring.
    Annwyn has not changed much in that respect.

Gem still completely prevents anyone knowing you're there through QW, and owning the old Veil only stopped the few non-Veil owners frequenting Annwyn from finding you.

Ethereal shroud does not really do anything for you. If you suspect someone is in Annwyn with you, you will see them on FARSEE without needing shroud/Veil now.
  • Nazihk said:

anybody worth hiding from already owned one. 

:_( 

• If the gem automatically hides you from QW when you go to a treacherous plane, isn't this actually a liability? Everyone can figure out who has a gem now, and now when you disappear from QW, someone with a veil can freely check (with no real downside unless you're still around) why you disappeared. o.o
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited January 2018
    Everyone on Annwyn/Nishnatoba disappears from QW for people on Sapience - gem owners or not. (The Gem hides you on QW from other people on Annwyn/Nish.)

Right now, if someone you know is logged in (not counting journal/news) doesn't show on QW, it means 6 things: phased, using their 10-minute Tulahuar, chameleon'd, commscreen'd, burrowed, or on Annwyn/Nish.
  • Or on ship with commscreen right?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    My only question is whether sensing into Nish/Annwyn and such is intended or not for Veil farsee. Probably the one thing I would disagree with 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Oh, sorry, I thought people on treacherous planes showed in QW and WHO now. The end result is true, but at least not as a penalty for having an artefact. ^^;
  • Fullsense is awesome! thanks!

Thank you for making Achaea great again!

Not sure why we need room names on people out of our area with farsee, fullsense and being able to farsee people far away is still awesome. On other continents it should probably say "On Nishnatoba", then when you get to Nishnatoba you see "Forgotten Library", then when you get to the forgotten library it'd say "In the stream next to the icon!".

• Logs in once a month, already trying to mess up a good thing.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • He's got a point though
  • No he doesn’t, you go away too :angry:

• edited January 2018
    He does have a point Atalkez.
    #ImWithRangor

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    He does have a point Atalkez.
    #ImWithRangor
    This conversation is for ages 14 and up.
  • What about the level 2 veils that existed? Do they get to farsee irl now?
  • You see that Corentin is in his bedroom in (redacted)
  • Gonna come back and gank you IG, or maybe drop by your houses instead!
  • You’d have to actually play tho

• Atalkez said:
    The Veil is entirely better now that it was yesterday.
    If you don't mind explaining - I assume it is better for those who actively PK, but for somebody like me who only bought one so that I could find somebody when asked it is no longer really needed? 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Yes, because you can find anyone due to no one being hidden by veil. However, it will be helpful to find people offplane, which is a state that we are seeing a large increase of with the tree 

• Dunn said:
    Yes, because you can find anyone due to no one being hidden by veil. However, it will be helpful to find people offplane, which is a state that we are seeing a large increase of with the tree 
    Aha. Thank you!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Like Dunn said, it still serves that second use you mentioned. A friend is looking for someone, but before even with Veil they could hide because off plane or ship etc.

Now you can find them off plane and on ships, so it actually serves that role much better.

• Six pages and nobody asked about the new functionality of the level 2 veil that only @Profit got?
  • Gem should get trade possibility given it got shafted way harder :'(
  • Cede said:
    Six pages and nobody asked about the new functionality of the level 2 veil that only @Profit got?
    Should go back and read some more.

Trey said:
    Not that it's super relevant @Makarios @Nicola, but what was done to Profit's veil to make it a "level 2", and will combining veils and shrouds work similarly to the same effect?

• edited January 2018
    Trey said:
    Cede said:
    Six pages and nobody asked about the new functionality of the level 2 veil that only @Profit got?
    Should go back and read some more.

Yeah, I was scanning for a blue @Profit, not reading properly. Thanks!

Edit: Tempted to alter my original comment to, "Six pages and nobody answered about the new functionality of the level 2 veil that @Profit got?" but I'll put it here instead.
  • Kiet said:
    Gem should get trade possibility given it got shafted way harder :'(
    400 cr tradin for other arties, I need 4 flowerpots!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Flowerdor will rise again?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.