The ongoing Yggdrasil event

1171819202123»

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Are you just saying that because you have no friends to go with you?  ;)

I mean, it's understandable, Proficy's a bro to have around. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • The only way I like going up the tree is phased, or through a wormhole.  If I wasn't a Serpent I probably wouldn't bother.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I've always made it up the tree no problem by flying :/

Only problem I've ever had is the dumb slaver knocking me out of the air or with those vine things (which I just spammed walk commands until I was away from them)

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Melodie said:
    Are you just saying that because you have no friends to go with you?  ;)

I mean, it's understandable, Proficy's a bro to have around. 
    ? I have plenty of Dragon friends I could ask.

I'm a manly man, though.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Poorly formed joke was formed poorly, I suppose!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Fly|walk to chellen|agree. No issues.

Every other point I agree with though. Mobs are stupid hard. Syntaxes are trying, but not impossible.
  • Cooper said:
    So now that this has been out for a while

2. The amount of extremely powerful stuff that just randomly smashes you and you die, causing you to have to spend the time to embrace death, embrace flame, walk back to the plane, embrace flame, and then hope that thing doesn't walk into your room again.
    I have a planar mote set for sale.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• I just set a mark at the embassy in the mapper, enter tree, fly, goto mark. Sometimes I get knocked down, most times I don't.

• edited January 2018
    Dunn said:
    I just set a mark at the embassy in the mapper, enter tree, fly, goto mark.  Sometimes I get knocked down, most times I don't.
    I do the same, but it's more 8/10 times I get pulled down. Of those 8 times, at least 2 of the pull downs I get rocked by the vine and slavers (immediate hobble plus room block), leading to a prompt death run.

Sometimes I get lucky though and some awesome person killed the vines previously!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Xias said:
    Dunn said:
    I just set a mark at the embassy in the mapper, enter tree, fly, goto mark.  Sometimes I get knocked down, most times I don't.
    I do the same, but it's more 8/10 times I get pulled down. Of those 8 times, at least 2 of the pull downs I get rocked by the vine and slavers (immediate hobble plus room block), leading to a prompt death run.

Sometimes I get lucky though and some awesome person killed the vines previously!
    I have some pretty rubbish latency between my laptop lag and my local ping, and more often than not I can get through those two rooms pretty good. I think it's really just a matter of getting up to that point, and then your movement is caught up enough that you don't get any delays rushing through, as you should be able to avoid getting pulled down.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I hate that so many random mobs unphase now. If it was a big dude like Ratatosk, fine, but there are so many random ordinary mobs that do it I feel like you can't really explore phased well at all. The stupid elemental guards do, and so does something on the tree - slavers?

I don't even play serpent much but when I do and they're just like lolno, I'm like ugh, fk serpent and go back to something else. :(
  • You guys have it easy. If I were in charge of Yggsdrasil, you'd have to get the quests through silence vibe! And the dreadpilars would drop retardation. And stun! And the elemental guards would call for help! And when there's a lot of people bashing an area, random elementals would drop crucibles that fire off of denizen deaths! 

It would be balanced with extra rewards, though. They'd drop like 3 shards a piece.

For real though, I think the rewards could definitely use a bump up. Other than that I find it cool that there are really challenging things. A side benefit of that is it encourages more small group play, which is typically less than ideal as far as I understand. I'm not a bashing nerd, though. But in general, I like the idea of an area being designed for 2-3 people rather than one truckload of arties having yet another farming area. There are enough of those already.

i'm a rebel

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    To successfully encourage group play/hunting the areas would need to give enough exp to justify taking a group there, though. Honestly, just by virtue of the trek I feel like a lot of things in the Tree should at least give more experience.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Tysandr said:
    Cooper said:
    So now that this has been out for a while

2. The amount of extremely powerful stuff that just randomly smashes you and you die, causing you to have to spend the time to embrace death, embrace flame, walk back to the plane, embrace flame, and then hope that thing doesn't walk into your room again.
    I have a planar mote set for sale.
    Very glad I have a worm warp stick. Travelling up the Tree is a breeze.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."