Elemental Lords and their Skills

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Rangor said:
    Bring Water Lord, remove boots, beckon countered.
    Water Lord has innate walk on water. Beckon counter for everyone but water
  • Reminds me of how overpowered water benders could be in the Avatar series if it wasn't a PG-13 cartoon show :(

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Reminds me of how overpowered water benders could be in the Avatar series if it wasn't a PG-13 cartoon show :(
    They did have an episode or two about blood bending.
    Scared the living shit out of me.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Classleads coming up, go nuts.
  • Incoming delete mhaldor classleads

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited January 2018
    Penwize said:
    Aralaya said:
    Incoming delete mhaldor worldburn classleads

Aegis won't even let me burn yet!  If you guys nerf burn before I prove myself a competent leader and get a little revenge, I'm gonna rage. 2 burns in 24 hours, Targ! 2! @Atalkez gonna get scorched so hard. 
  • Gotta abuse it before it goes the way of gem
  • Can't wait to see what you guys propose to fix Worldburn! I understand what problem it is trying to solve and have been brainstorming how to better solve that problem but so far, nothing. I think it needs some form of adverse effects for the city that uses it but have not thought of anything fair of what that is.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Are elords really only meant to be able to parry if they can buy a shield of absorption? That seems a bit silly. I understand removing shields, but maybe should give them inherent ability to parry then.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Are elords really only meant to be able to parry if they can buy a shield of absorption? That seems a bit silly. I understand removing shields, but maybe should give them inherent ability to parry then.
    Can they not use weaponry's parry and wield a parry weapon?
  • They can wield a sword/handaxe etc to parry, yeah. That's not elegant, but it is there.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Aralaya said:
    Reminds me of how overpowered water benders could be in the Avatar series if it wasn't a PG-13 cartoon show :(
    They did have an episode or two about blood bending.
    Scared the living shit out of me.
    That's why it's PG-13! Wait until you're older.

i'm a rebel

• Austere said:
    Dunn said:
    I wish water lords could part their own waters ngl. 
    I wish water was actually useful enough in groups to make me question whether water needed parted or not.  An extra cure and hydra (lol let's trade 99.999% of my health for a few affs on a 30 minute cd that hit allies) vs prop, runes, and frozen ground.  Easy decision there. I really just need sceptre. 

Water is pretty good in groups in comparison though. You have a beckon (That works whether the target can or cannot walk on water). Hydra is also pretty damn amazing for breaking up enemy groups. I see it as a last resort if you want to push out an enemy team that has entrenched. Hydra also does -not- fade upon your death, so die or not, your job is done.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Flood a few rooms, even by accident and you can very much diminish the Hydra's usefulness as it seems to move a lot when it actually can.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited January 2018
    Shirszae said:
    Flood a few rooms, even by accident and you can very much diminish the Hydra's usefulness as it seems to move a lot when it actually can.
    Your best bet is to have it down to 1 or 2 rooms and to prepare beforehand. If the enemy team suddenly has a hydra on them and you use it right, chances are they wont have enough time to run into adjacent rooms and start flooding.

The general idea is to break up the enemy team anyway, which the Hydra would do well. If they try to attack it...you can expect deaths.

Also there are certain tricks you can use with the Hydra that are pretty hilarious.
  • Curiously, just how strong is Hydra? With the downside of only moving through watery rooms + bringing the Water Lord's hp to near-death, I hope the Hydra is a big enough threat.

• It isn't really a threat on its own unless you attack it. It mostly just hinders you with limb breaks and balance knocks.
  • edited January 2018
    Has a rampage equivalent ability that breaks all 4 limbs, does not require prone.

Knocks off-balance

Tsunamis people from adjacent rooms. (beckons)

Has an attack that prones and breaks a limb

Attacking or being forced to attack it has incredibly painful results.

Does not fade upon Waterlord's death.

Lasts about 4 mins.

• Do you have to use it in the room with the enemies? Can't you just like flow through the room and put up the hydra on the other side, sip up health and gtfo?
  • Rangor said:
    Do you have to use it in the room with the enemies? Can't you just like flow through the room and put up the hydra on the other side, sip up health and gtfo?
    You can yes. You dont have to put it in the room with your enemies.
  • Rangor said:
    Do you have to use it in the room with the enemies? Can't you just like flow through the room and put up the hydra on the other side, sip up health and gtfo?
    Water has no elegant way to flood one adjacent room. You get the one you're standing in or all adjacent.

The prep time is lengthy in a raid: Get adjacent to their group, flood your room, raise the water level, summon the hydra, flood adjacent rooms. All while praying you don't get noticed.

Best use I can see is one of the following:

A: Drop it in a single flooded room with a tank you need to defend. It hurts your allies just as much as your enemies, but your allies don't need to be still to dismantle a tank.

B: Drop it near the enemy group and use its random beckons to move them all willy-nilly.

C: Drop it so that @Cooper can ask on an OOC clan the exact command to outcitizen.
  • Asmodron said:

Hmmmmmm....

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    Asmodron said:

Hmmmmmm....
    1v1, Water has a force that requires a good chunk of bleeding. Why you would ever summon a hydra in 1v1 is beyond me, maybe you'd do it first and hope your opponent doesn't just walk to dry land.

Group-wise, if you're at a point where all of the following is happening simultaneously:

A. You have a group you can't dislodge for whatever reason.
    B. You have a water lord, who can flood the room, raise the water level, summon the hydra, and then flood adjacent rooms.
    C. You have a mage/devotionist/Sceptre owner, who can part your room once the hydra leaves it and the water level drops so the hydra doesn't wander off.
    D. You have a depthswalker who will Litany the enemy group to KILL HYDRA, or you're going to devotion force one person at a time to do so.
    E. At no point has anyone called guards/worldburned/LoS'd/used font so the entirety of this preparation goes off without a hitch.

Then, sure. Go nuts.
  • It's more like "if Hydra is summoned and there are enemies in room, perform force to attack the Hydra". It'll get one person out of the fight at least, and if it's someone like Dunn or proficy, then it's worth it.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I would hope that will be removed much like KILL GUARD or REMOVE ARMOUR.
  • You can force attack pretty much anything besides city guards so I doubt it.

• Elisella said:
    Tesha said:
    Asmodron said:

Hmmmmmm....
    1v1, Water has a force that requires a good chunk of bleeding. Why you would ever summon a hydra in 1v1 is beyond me, maybe you'd do it first and hope your opponent doesn't just walk to dry land.

Group-wise, if you're at a point where all of the following is happening simultaneously:

A. You have a group you can't dislodge for whatever reason.
    B. You have a water lord, who can flood the room, raise the water level, summon the hydra, and then flood adjacent rooms.
    C. You have a mage/devotionist/Sceptre owner, who can part your room once the hydra leaves it and the water level drops so the hydra doesn't wander off.
    D. You have a depthswalker who will Litany the enemy group to KILL HYDRA, or you're going to devotion force one person at a time to do so.
    E. At no point has anyone called guards/worldburned/LoS'd/used font so the entirety of this preparation goes off without a hitch.

Then, sure. Go nuts.
    You greatly underestimate my perform force powers! One time they even made some people forget how to cancel tumble and complain about how unblockable it was. Great stuff.

i'm a rebel

• edited January 2018
    Elisella said:
    I would hope that will be removed much like KILL GUARD or REMOVE ARMOUR.
    Neither of those are removed. The first one will get you shrubbed though, now. The latter had the balance cost removed as a means of 'nerfing' that; can still be 'useful' on people who don't trigger 'remove armour' to automatically rewear it, though.

Why would they remove the ability to force killing the hydra? You need to be on balance for force kill to work, and for litany you can just spam writhe the second you see the litany line.
  • Why would forcing KILL GUARD get you shrubbed? That sounds like something you've made up. Guards won't even attack citizens for hitting them now.