Stockings!

1234568»

Comments

• I uh, did also get this one...

You have been awarded with The enchantment for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The straps for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The glyphs for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink, an ink-stained rose thorn, an ink-stained rose thorn, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1986 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 wood commodities, a group of 12 wood commodities, and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!

• You have been awarded with The fangs for a Squargon talisman piece!
    You open a fancy platinum stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and a group of 17
    lobelia seeds inside!

I feel ever so slightly robbed by the fancy stockings

also I now have  3 whetstones that have no trade in value so those are even more of a waste

• I have 5 whetstones.
  • You have been awarded with The flame for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The flame for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant platinum stocking and find Lesser Stone of Wonder, a hunter's belt, 1710
    gold sovereigns, and a group of 7 steel bars inside!

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • How odd. My regular fancy stockings produced more valuable items than this dang platinum. I got artie tattoos from nearly all the stockings, and an artie vial from this platinum.  :/
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Cooper said:
    I uh, did also get this one...

You have been awarded with The enchantment for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The straps for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The glyphs for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink, an ink-stained rose thorn, an ink-stained rose thorn, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1986 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 wood commodities, a group of 12 wood commodities, and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!
    @Cooper I got these:

You have been awarded with The buckles for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The tendrils for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The links for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant platinum stocking and find a wand of portals and a group of 11 coal pieces
    inside!

That completes another harness set!
  • You have been awarded with The plates for a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece! You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find an ornately carved ivory pipe, 156 gold sovereigns, and 204 gold sovereigns inside!

You have been awarded with The twine for a wax tablet talisman piece! You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a free reincarnation, a wooden box of parts, 776 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 ginseng roots, a group of 18 valerian leaves, a group of 23 lobelia seeds, and a group of 28 bloodroot leaves inside!

You have been awarded with The plates for a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece! You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, 25 credits, 619 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 ginseng roots, a group of 11 steel bars, and a group of 7 pieces of rope inside!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Cooper said:
    I uh, did also get this one...

You absolute bitch. Congrats.

• I got a lot of value of out my fancy stockings, predominantly because I wanted artifact tattoos and artifact vials and did not want to pay credits for them.

I suspect if the fancies had been triggered to grant some probability of an additional draw if the initial piece was lowest tier, and/or granted a second item (like humgii racing tickets) on the non-talisman pieces, it would have had better value and probably a lot more purchases.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited January 2018
    Fancy stockings were good value if you wanted permanent tattoos, and that's about it. If you don't value permanent tattoos at 100cr, they seemed to have only slightly better value than regular stockings, not enough to justify the price difference.
  • I got nine.

Reaction GIF happy Despicable Me
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Cooper said:
    Man...these extravagant stockings have been pretty unlucky. Except for the one where I got good pieces. A 106 and 87 credit redeem piece out of this one, ugh!

You have been awarded with The plaque for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for a sticky mud bomb talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a featureless ice figurine, a 
    prospector's guidebook, a wooden box of parts, a worn whetstone, an elegant diamond vial, an ink-
    stained rose thorn, 1275 gold sovereigns, 350 gold sovereigns, 828 gold sovereigns, 938 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 11 pieces of rope, a group of 12 lobelia seeds, a group of 25 goldenseal 
    roots, a group of 33 valerian leaves, a group of 7 wood commodities, and a group of 8 pieces of rope 
    inside!

Two of the stockings I got less credits out of it than if I had just bought credits without a bonus :( That...feels not good at all.
    Yeah I was wholly unimpressed with my extravagants.  But win some / lose some I guess.  

• edit:  my bad, mine were Grand stockings.

And this horseshit:
    You have been awarded with Some tears of the sea talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The stopper for a phial of some tears of the sea talisman piece!
    You open a grand platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a prospector's guidebook, an elegant diamond vial, an elegant diamond vial, 1266 gold sovereigns, 1493 gold
    sovereigns, a group of 13 coal pieces, a group of 21 valerian leaves, a group of 27 ginseng roots, and a group of 6 steel bars inside!

• My 14 platinums produced good.  I'll get the full list later but I'm fairly confident I'm over average 90 credits per stocking all said and done
  • If we run the promotion again I definitely think it'd be worth considering changing the gold and platinum stockings to give something specific, as the rng component on the bonus stocking seems to be consistently fairly unpopular. Its something we'll think about for next time.
  • Makarios said:
    If we run the promotion again I definitely think it'd be worth considering changing the gold and platinum stockings to give something specific, as the rng component on the bonus stocking seems to be consistently fairly unpopular. Its something we'll think about for next time.
    I do appreciate you guys aren't trying to run us dry with promos that are overall worse than raw credits, most of the time coming out much better, which is really appreciated at least from me, but when I opened an extravagant and got 1 mud piece and 1 glyph piece I still can't sell, and my big stockings were... meh, mostly because I was so excited for the chance for more talisman pieces (Which is probably where my bitterness comes from, these stockings being the same for talisman pieces means I should have just held onto my credits instead of having people buy extravs for me and just BOUGHT the pieces).

Opening a platinum stocking for a glob that gave me an artefact voucher, an air elemental piece and comms was... Really disappointing. I've backed you guys on these promos before, they've felt like lootboxes done right, since most of the time the talisman pieces come out to being ~50-80% extra credits but bound instead, and after opening my plats/gold I feel like I should have just taken that 40% instead, since by my calcs it would have netted me an extra 3k credits in the end. 

I don't mind risk, I'm drawn to it, but I definitely would have approached this differently had I known the gold/plats didn't have extra talisman pieces to them, and definitely makes me just want to save up and wait for 40% months and just buy what I need during the risk promos now.
  • Makarios said:
    If we run the promotion again I definitely think it'd be worth considering changing the gold and platinum stockings to give something specific, as the rng component on the bonus stocking seems to be consistently fairly unpopular. Its something we'll think about for next time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big boy.  I knew the risks.  Just was hoping y'all saw my bribe :D

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    So uh... who got the inkbrushes mentioned?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited January 2018
    Makarios said:
    I have only been playing again since late August, but I quite enjoyed December's promotion (September was still my favorite!) because of the sheer fact it was a promotion that seemed more focused on sharing than just spending on me. Sure, I could buy a ton of stockings for myself (and I did), but it gave me the chance to potentially gift friends or city mates credits and artefacts in a holiday themed & fun environment. I can't say much for the higher valued stockings since I stayed on the lower end, but the value generally was above what I would have paid credits wise--dollar for dollar.

If there were any minor complaints to be had by me, it would have been that I wished the Yggdrasil pieces were released in tandem to the Elemental ones. I would have rather saved up more pieces of the new items versus the old when I opened my first batch of stockings; I do understand the plot was still ongoing so that may have been confusing to release them that early. But in the end I managed to cobble together a Tome of Shaping so I'm happy!
  • All right. Opening the last platinum stocking to begin the year with a bang. :smile:

You have been awarded with The gem for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find an ornately carved ivory pipe, a group of 16 lobelia seeds, and a group of 28 goldenseal roots inside!
    [OOC]: We're closing in on our guaranteed high-paying stocking - one of the next 50 to be opened is going to contain hundreds of credits in artefacts and gifts!

Well.

Shit.

• If it makes you feel any better I opened 15 plat and then that message ticked right after i opened the last one
  • Sooooooooooo my 14 regular platinums pulled close to 2400 credits, but I'm fairly sure I pulled a jackpot one as I pulled over 700 credits from it alone.  I know I've upgraded from 2s to 3s in my bracelet, belt, and crit in this last batch alone.  

First promotion I've partook in since early days of them.  For the 450$ invested, I've come back with almost a 4k credit return

100/10 would do it again as well
  • @Tysandr Bought me a Stocking. I got a firependant piece I sold for 28cr, Humgii Tickets I won 27cr on and an artie vial.

Thanks dude!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."