The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• Farrah said:
    I doubt it matters at all. Earth isn't even really a "damage" class. I'd personally choose based on what you want to play, or which RP you like the most.

Earth - limb breaks into instas; RP is very focused on sanctity of life/protection
    Fire - damage momentum; RP is strength/military discipline
    Water - locks and aff insta; RP is aristocratic, peasants and nobles
    Air - aff insta; RP is backstabbing bureaucrats who will do anything for power

I admit I was rather surprised by the theme associated with Air, especially when compared to the behavior of the Mistral. I assumed Air was going to be more of a jovial scene. The other conduits seem to fit with the theme of their factions.
  • Aero feels appropriate for a place named 'the Court of Shadows'.
  • Armali said:
    Aero feels appropriate for a place named 'the Court of Shadows'.
    Shhhhh, we dont need to bring that up again >>
  • Does anyone know what is the primary stat of each elemental lord? Does a Air elemental's buffet scale with intelligence or dexterity?
  • Do elemental lords have access to traits? How does the combat seem so far using different elements? 
  • Azram said:
    Do elemental lords have access to traits? How does the combat seem so far using different elements? 
    Yes though nothing unique. They also have their own sets of Battlerage

Cant really answer for combat. There is a thread with some logs though.
  • Currently, it's impossible to take nimble or quick-witted, however. I assume that's intentional?
  • Keorin said:
    Currently, it's impossible to take nimble or quick-witted, however. I assume that's intentional?

It is, similar to Dragon.
  • @Nicola @Makarios

Please make Sculpting "Avalanch" into "Avalanche". That missing E is driving me crazy.
  • Message #9223       Sent by Achaea
    2017/12/19/9:36 Your bug report (detail: AB AVALANCH should have an E at the end in the AB and the
    skill. Typo got me killed :(.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this 
    is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or 
    misunderstanding that may be involved.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Message #9223       Sent by Achaea
    2017/12/19/9:36 Your bug report (detail: AB AVALANCH should have an E at the end in the AB and the
    skill. Typo got me killed :(.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this 
    is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or 
    oh, you can get a skill typo fixed, but the three or so I have active are just sitting there.
  • That was from four days ago, if that matters

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Message #9223       Sent by Achaea
    Lol. Thats...annoying. Its definitely spelled "avalanche"

• I even looked it up before I posted to make sure it wasn't some stupid Britishism like "matt" instead of "matte".
  • Nazihk said:
    I even looked it up before I posted to make sure it wasn't some stupid Britishism like "matt" instead of "matte".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalanch

Yeah, unleash it.
  • I actually have a bit of a question regarding elemental lord.

When we obtain elemental lord form, it's not really explained exactly ... how we are even able to undergo such a transformation, just that those powers come with our new rank.  In comparison, dragonform is explained pretty thoroughly to be a direct result of the dragon soul within us.

How is it exactly that we can transform into an elemental lord, and what does that mean for our ordinary mortal bodies?  Is the power ours, or does it belong to the elemental force we've aligned with? 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    As far as I understand it, the power ultimately belongs strictly to the Elemental Lord  which bestows it to you. Which is why if you switch faction you lose it. But aye, I wish there was a little more explanation at the time where you receive the powers, stating where they come from and such.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Breathing deep of Whiirh's bounty, you inhale sharply, summoning forth the wellspring of
    the tempest that resides within the depths of your soul.
    Sounds like the Elemental Lords similarly imbue your soul with the power to transform, with that power being revoked upon defection.
  • Reaching out to the primal fire that burns within your soul, you tentatively grasp but the tip of
    its unending flame within your mind's eye.

• There's an elemental power in your soul after hitting elemental lord, but how did it get there and how does it work? Is it like elemental channels, but super-sized?

• Hmm not sure I remember correctly, as I'd have to check my log back home, but the transformation process by Kkractle has quite the lovely RP to it. It feels as you forge a connection directy to Him. I'll be home soon and review it.
  • Placing your hand upon the ground, you reach out with your attuned senses to feel the lifeblood of
    the earth surging deep below, its radiance glowing bright in your minds eye.

With a determined glint, you seize upon your spiritual tether to the elemental plane of Earth, the
    ground beneath you shuddering in response. Your blood begins to boil, the fraility of your mortal 
    form struggling to contain the raw power surging within the strata below.

A blinding surge of light envelops your form, scouring away your feeble flesh and bone in a deluge
    of grinding stone and grit, the weight of Garash's legacy subsuming the weakness of your ancestral 
    birthright.

As the earth rises to clad your growing form in a skin of stone, you scream out in triumph, the very
    blood of Earth surging through your granite veins. By the will of Garash, Earth is yours to command!

From what I remember of the Cacharann ceremony for Earth, you are eleceted Cacharann by the tribes which confers the will of Garash on you. Then the transformation shows Garash bestowing the gift on you, so I guess this makes sense.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • From my log, the line that most defines the process is this:

The heat withdraws from your mind, yet with its departure you now feel a great wave of fire coursing through your body. Pulsing, flowing, raging in a rapacious quest to consume, to burn, to scorch, to sear, to BLAZE.

As for the transformation itself:

Reaching out to the primal fire that burns within your soul, you tentatively grasp but the tip of
    its unending flame within your mind's eye.

Quelling fear from your heart, you seize at the very heart of the fire, and your world descends
    immediately into unbridled agony. Flames explode from your chest, searing and scorching, lashing
    violently at the flesh that has become their fuel.

Utterly consumed, your form proves unworthy tinder for the fires of Creation. With your last thought,
    you thrust your very soul before the terrible flames, and command their consumption. Life surges to
    you in a single instant, the blaze that once destroyed you now seating itself at the centre of your
    being.

With a victorious roar, you bellow your triumph into the firmament. A pillar of flame erupts at your
    feet and surges forth, searing the ground at your feet. From beneath a vermilion veil, you gaze out
    upon the world, and all seems as fuel before you. By the will of Kkractle, Fire is yours to command!

As for releasing:

In a flash of agony, the frailties of flesh reassert themselves once more as you forsake your tether
    to the Eternal Fire, the cinders of your previous majesty searing themselves into your skin.

If very much seems to be a forged tether within your soul, a link to that Elemental lord.
  • It does really seem that way, but I wish there was some sort of explanation of that, or something that presented that to us.  In the dragon ceremony, it's all explained and there's a pretty big library of lore behind it if you want to dig deeper.  Elemental lord seems like it should have that lore, maybe even more so, but it's not really there yet.  I would really like at least an explanation of what we currently have.

For air, they just kind of promote you to Prime Minister and you're given a message that you can now PREVAIL/FORSAKE AIR.  There's not much telling you that your very soul is tethered to Whirrh, except when you actually transform.  I'm not really sure how that tether got there, what it means, or what relationship that implies to Whirrh.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Through this, he was able to contact the powerful leaders of the elements: Sllshya, the Great Ocean, Kkractle, the Eternal Fire, Whiirh, the Western Wind and Garash, the Immovable Mountain. These beings possessed completely foreign thought-patterns and their intentions and goals are to this day utterly unfathomable..

y can't u just be happy not noing, mmk
  • edited December 2017
    Fire definitely seems to answer this a bit better. In my mind the most telling lines were(spoilers for end of fire quest):

'A PRIME HAS SERVED FIRE. AND SO A PRIME WILL BE REWARDED.'

'FIRE LENDS THE PRIME A TITHE OF ITS MIGHT.'

The heat withdraws from your mind, yet with its departure you now feel a great wave of fire coursing through your body. Pulsing, flowing, raging in a rapacious quest to consume, to burn, to scorch, to sear, to BLAZE.

It makes it pretty clear that at least for fire, you've been rewarded with a measure of power by Kkractle for the task you did for him. The power is yours, but it was placed there by the elemental lord, and pretty clearly comes from him.

Really, there's a number of places that the lore could use some beefing up, I think. I'm hoping that at some point, they'll go back and add more of it to the planes themselves, since right now you have to infer a -lot-.

• We were wondering this at first too, so we went and talked to the Emissaries who were kind enough to give us some answers. I guess it can be frustrating to say "There's an answer!" and then not give it, but I also don't want to spoil it.
  • Has anyone found any books or talked to any denizens that mention anything about the kvkir drug? I know it exists, because Shirszae somehow managed to complete the quest, but I have looked everywhere and talked to just about everyone and have not heard any mention of it outside a quest for Water and mention in the Talisman Info for Valdblom. It seems like there should be at least someone out there that talks about it.