Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
[APT] A (almost) trigger-less NDB.
-- Log of it in action, for the needy people --
So when I started here, I found someone's NDB on the forums that I decided to play around with, since that's basically the only thing that was missing from WunderSys... The more I coded, the more I realised just how unfinished it felt... So I did what any normal person would do, and completely rewrote it from the ground up. This time without any wonky bugs in it.
It's much like the old one, with relatively similar syntax (after speaking with people, I realised how many others used it, so I figured this would help if they decided to switch)
1) Make sure GMCP is enabled... Or don't, it doesn't actually use it really at all.
2) Install it via the package manager, as per usual.
3) Use 'aptinstall' to initialise everything.
Aliases used in the log:
- qwp will check qwho, and then grab missing information from anyone not currently tracked.
- apt stats will display player count of each city.
- apt citizens <city> will display the citizens of a chosen city. 'apt citizens eleusis' for example.
- apt class <class> will display the tracked players of the chosen class. 'apt class runewarden' for example.
- apt remove will clear out all unranked people from the database; useful if it gets super large.
- apt redo will update the information of everybody currently in the database; except this one is near instantaneous updating as opposed to waiting a few minutes to honours everybody.
- whois (person) will display information on a chosen individual. 'whois alyxeri' for example.
- aptc show will display the current settings.
Something the previous version was missing, which I've seen some people wanting. Highlighting!
- apt hl to toggle the highlighting on and off. Don't spam it, else it'll mess it up and you'll have to restart mudlet to fix it.
- aptc <arg1> <arg2> will change the highlighting of a city; the city can be either arg1 or arg2, for those who forget it. So 'aptc eleusis orange' will work, and 'aptc orange eleusis' will work. Currently there's no way to -not- highlight a city, sorry. I was too lazy for that. Just set it to grey, if you want the default serverside colouring.
Something else the previous version was sorely
missing. An API to use with scripts, much like SVO's NDB has!
- apt_exists("person") will return true or false, depending on if they're currently in the database.
- apt_isAshtani("person") will return true or false, if they are Ashtani.
- apt_isCyrenian("person") will return true or false, if they are Cyrenian.
- apt_isEleusian("person") will return true or false, if they are Eleusian.
- apt_isHashani("person") will return true or false, if they are Hashani.
- apt_isMhaldorian("person") will return true or false, if they are Mhaldorian.
- apt_isTargossian("person") will return true or false, if they are Targossian.
- apt_isRogue("person") will return true or false, if they are a rogue.
- apt_getCity("person") will return what city the person is currently a part of (or 'Unspecified' if not tracked)
- apt_getClass("person") will return the current class the person was last seen as (or 'Unspecified' if not applicable)