Elemental Lord Combat

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/wR_XbIF8

I'll be nice and start with Air.

My pressure counting was off at the end it was higher than it was reporting. Few other flops in there too while I learn to flail around better. Would like to see logs from fire/earth and someday water if people would share.

Comments

• Zulah said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/wR_XbIF8

I'll be nice and start with Air.

My pressure counting was off at the end it was higher than it was reporting. Few other flops in there too while I learn to flail around better. Would like to see logs from fire/earth and someday water if people would share.

Atalkez' attacks looked pretty cool, but I have like no idea what you were doing since you gag it all and make some weird google echoes that probably makes a lot more sense to you! Also timestamps would be hot to see the balance time on both of your attacks.
  • You were a balance or two away from dead.
  • I can't even see you attacking him, he just dies at the end. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • If target doesn't count torso you don't even need to do anything fancy, lol.
  • Yeah not even a little.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Aww...no messages :(

That makes it seem so bland
  • edited December 2017
    Some fights with @Zulah. He probably has the ones he won against me, you can actually see my attacks! Gonna need to build a pressure counter for my own affs, when fighting another air lord. Kept thinking I wasn't close to dying, then he goes and compresses me :(

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/99Xov9U8
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/hcMaBnBT

This is pretty good so far. More interested to see how Water Lord is though, but there's none of those yet! Earth is lots of owwie, haven't fought Fire yet.
  • How does rebounding/parry/shield come into play with elemental lords? Do they just ignore them, or is it significant?
  • Love the warcry
  • Solnir said:
    How does rebounding/parry/shield come into play with elemental lords? Do they just ignore them, or is it significant?
    Earth Lord cares about parry, since it's a limb damage class.

I assume all of them care about shield.
  • edited December 2017
    Solnir said:
    How does rebounding/parry/shield come into play with elemental lords? Do they just ignore them, or is it significant?
    As far as I know every Elemental Lord class has an ability to break shields, so presumably their attacks are prevented by shield. I've not seen anything to remove rebounding, so I suspect they're not stopped by that, but I've also not looked through all of the abilities for all four elements yet.

Parrying probably works against Sculpting (Earth) abilities that are targetted at a limb, but I can't say for sure. I don't recall seeing an ability that sounded like a parry bypass, but I didn't spend much time at all looking through the Earth abilities so I could have easily missed it or just forgotten about it. A complete lack of a parry bypass doesn't mean parry doesn't work, but it seems like an odd omission given the current state of all other limb damage classes.
  • edited December 2017
    Antonius said:
    Solnir said:
    I don't recall seeing an ability that sounded like a parry bypass, but I didn't spend much time at all looking through the Earth abilities so I could have easily missed it or just forgotten about it.
    They have a DWB-esque momentum mechanic and they can spend it on a zero-balance prone, so they can prone+hit in one shot.
  • Earth Lord was bugged up until about ~12 hours ago to hit straight through parry. It was kinda hilarious, and I'm glad it actually did turn out to be a bug, not a feature, given how fast Earth already preps.

To me it's a lot like how you'd approach 2-hander: You can parry head to avoid the calcify insta, but you just open yourself up to entomb (out of the arena, since can't burrow inside anymore)/ squeeze / calcify torso instead.
  • I'd love to find some fights and post Fire Lord logs, I think I'm starting to get the starts down and working.

Unfortunately IC things are keeping me from assuming Elemental Form so y'all will have to wait to get burnt :(
  • Yet another class I need to learn. Le sigh

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • @Atalkez So... you dont actually need Calcify to manifest on torso in order to get the insta kill from squeeze?
    Any idea if that's a bug or how it's supposed to work?
  • Tension fun, and fighting in the air.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/UvCtpOwZ

Also not the right thread, but. @Makarios and @Ictinus have been amazing at fixing bugs. Now I no longer fall back to the ground after manifesting lightning to people who're flying <3

• Savira said:
    @Atalkez So... you dont actually need Calcify to manifest on torso in order to get the insta kill from squeeze?
    You need the calcify affliction, which is given immediately and disappears once it finishes to raise the torso break. So you have to squeeze within the 4.5-5 seconds in order for it to work. It's not a bug.
  • edited December 2017
    Alyxeri said:
    Tension fun, and fighting in the air.

Also not the right thread, but. @Makarios and @Ictinus have been amazing at fixing bugs. Now I no longer fall back to the ground after manifesting lightning to people who're flying <3

Your mind fills with battle rage and you scream, "Apparently, this is the ending you deserve."

That line though... :neutral: It's probably uncharacteristic for a lot of people to scream the same thing, especially when some people don't even scream in the first place.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Farrah said:
    Savira said:
    @Atalkez So... you dont actually need Calcify to manifest on torso in order to get the insta kill from squeeze?
    You need the calcify affliction, which is given immediately and disappears once it finishes to raise the torso break. So you have to squeeze within the 4.5-5 seconds in order for it to work. It's not a bug.
    Okay! Just me being stupid again then, reading the AB file where it said it would take time and seeing the affliction line, (\w+) clutches at his|her chest, the sound of crackling bone audible over a sharply indrawn breath. made me think you had to wait for the actual line before you could squeeze

• edited December 2017
    Alyxeri said:
    Tension fun, and fighting in the air.

Your mind fills with battle rage and you scream, "Apparently, this is the ending you deserve."

That line though... :neutral: It's probably uncharacteristic for a lot of people to scream the same thing, especially when some people don't even scream in the first place.
    It's my warcry. Would be nice if there was more options besides warcry/motto or if you could change the line; Alyxeri doesn't scream but it's the only feasible choice. The motto line looks ridiculous in the middle of combat. I guess I could make an emote for it instead of using a warcry.
  • Savira said:
    Farrah said:
    Savira said:
    Okay! Just me being stupid again then, reading the AB file where it said it would take time and seeing the affliction line, (\w+) clutches at his|her chest, the sound of crackling bone audible over a sharply indrawn breath. made me think you had to wait for the actual line before you could squeeze

Iirc, the AB isn't very clear. You're not being stupid!
  • lol that izaro quote, top choice.
  • Kiet said:
    lol that izaro quote, top choice.
    You're the only one so far who's recognised it, despite there being a number of PoE players in Achaea.

:(
  • edited December 2017
    Was on last trial in cruel lab last week on my sunder glad and fat fingered wep swap. Lost my auras and died trying to toggle them back on. This was the first in a small string of stupid as hell rips in lab. Good thing I’m a SC casual.

so yeah that’s familiar to me 

• Dunn said:
    Was on last trial in cruel lab last week on my sunder glad and fat fingered wep swap. Lost my auras and died trying to toggle them back on. This was the first in a small string of stupid as hell rips in lab. Good thing I’m a SC casual.
    I need to play PoE again, I was doing it solo and lost interest fast, but that's because I play a lot of ARPGs with friends, albeit only one of them enjoys HC :(.
  • edited December 2017
    My fav quote is actually 'delight in your gilded dungeon' but Izaro has like the best lines/voicework in that game.

Should use it for alchemist aurify imo
  • I usually just level one or two builds and then stop until race leagues/next challenge and that about does it for me. 

• Kiet said:
    My fav quote is actually 'delight in your gilded dungeon' but Izaro has like the best lines/voicework in that game.

Should use it for alchemist aurify imo
    Izaro has far too many good quotes, tbf. It's hard picking just one. Sayenna had another of his which I like, too.
       "An emperor strikes without hesitation. To entertain doubt, is to dance with death."
    Albeit I only had the second part, it's still a great quote!