Seared Glyph Talisman

When looking at the announce post over the elemental set, this is one of the pieces that I really enjoyed the flavor for, and wanted to acquire. After getting it and tinkering with it, I have to say I'm.. not entirely sure how I feel about it. The garden value is equal to that of a SoA, so I figured it would be roughly in that area of usefulness. I know it now has a chance to crit, but I'm still not entirely sure on it, especially with it only being every 5th block. I'm just generally wondering how people who have one completed feel about it.

To give an example, the burst of fire did 26% of an old rat's health in damage, whereas my punch to the same rat did 21% So it does a small bit more than a punch once in a blue moon.

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Even though it is sporadic, you are still getting an extra hit off on an enemy every so often (edit: with absolutely no balance/equilibrium cost). That's worth a hell of a lot in my book.
  • I think it's terrible. 

I look at it this way. The SoA has a 15% proc rate, which means that out of 100 physical mob attacks, it should fire 15 times for 3 glyph procs. So you're looking at one proc every ~33 mobile attacks attacks against you. Physical attacks only, btw, because SoA doesn't block magical attacks. 

I just don't think the proc does enough damage to make it worthwhile when the proc rate on it is so low. Sure, it helps, but it doesn't help enough to be worth the cost.

If you're one of those people who just HAS to have every single possible bashing upgrade and damn the cost, then yeah, it's worth it. Anybody else? Fuck that, sell it to one of those people and buy something that's actually helpful.

I'll take pieces of off y'all bitching hands for cheap.
  • It's worse when you find out the bug that let's Paragon take over SoA after you attached it to SoA and even made sure Paragon is not inserted. 
  • I don't think that it is really useful, but like the firetank, I think an adjustment in the more effectiveness/value direction would make it more appealing.  I mean for when I hunt, it has very little to no effect, I honestly just like it because it fits my shields theme more than anything.

• I personally love when my glyph hits a world shattering or a plane razing crit and kills while I'm off balance
  • It'd be nice if the market were just filled with glyph flames.

..Just, you know, FLOODED with them. :smile:

• I don't mind 1 proc in 33 mob attacks. Of mob balance is 2s, that's 1 proc every minute, solid 60 procs every hour. Is still good DPS upgrade. 

Now I just need my bug fixed: Paragon took over SoA even if it's not inserted. @Makarios please...I have my glyph attached to SoA. 
  • You all make some pretty fair points. I was hoping to poke on the forums because the people I've poked about it ICly are all... are pretty much as split as the forums. The people who like it absolutely adore it, and the people who aren't a fan seem to really dislike it. I'll have more time to tinker and play with it Monday once I'm through with work this weekend. Thanks for the folks who gave thoughtful feedback. :) 
  • the strength of it completely depends on your other bashing arties, on its own it's pretty pathetic, but once you add in figurine, crit paragons, +stats and a strong lesserform bashing class you'll see the returns for it become immense. If I had to list it for bashing arties though it's at the very bottom, 
  • Minifie said:
    immense.
    It's definitely not immense, even with maxed out crit arties.  Yes, it has a chance of being great, but it'll do so in such rare circumstances that it evens out to just being mediocre.

So, that's what it is.  It's a mediocre bashing talisman.  For what it's worth, that's pretty okay actually.  Any increment to bashing capacity is good, but don't blow it too far out of proportion.
  • Also, to anyone reading this unsure if they should get it, any and all bashing artefacts lost a lot of worth when the gold cap was implemented.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Does it work on people too?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    No, hits from denizens only.
  • You get a proc every 33 mob hits on average, though the damage isn't high but is crittable. Also, if you put serpent into perspective, the extra hits you get over the minute, its like adding 0.5 dex. Is worth the price. 
  • The hit does far less damage than an extra garrote, which makes it correspondingly less valuable than an extra regular attack.