The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• I'm the fire guy. Those others are just imposters
  • Deucalion's fire is something more dangerous, should get yourself checked.
  • I think they have medication for that. 
  • I became very angry yesterday when I attempted to walk somewhere and it took me through that death room in the Dardanic with like 3 elementals at any time. Why is it okay to let them stack in a common through-way? :(
  • Oh look, another day walking through the Dardanic Grasslands, another random bullshit zap death to a conduit.

No, it's not a "Oh, you're not a dragon, you don't have enough health" thing. It is straight up "You're dead and nobody else in your group saw a thing, thanks for even trying to participate".
  • The rate of death combined with progress being really unreliable makes this part a little hard to get super invested in, I feel like. At least for someone who's not dragon+deathcaped.
  • I can understand your frustration, as even dragons have died to grouped up elementals. Frustration aside, they are thankfully only concentrated to 1 area and should be easy enough to avoid. I agree the sense of involvement can  be rather lacking this phase but I feel this phase is almost over anyway.
  • edited December 2017
    I don't understand how you can complain about a lack of involvement when Ashtan literally just restored Vastar and then we got to work out labor contracts lol.

• Farrah said:
    I think he means for non-dragons. I know we have a lot of people in Targossas who really want to help fight elementals but die over and over if they come along, which can be a huge xp setback for non-dragons and makes the experience just frustrating.

It'd be nice if there was a way for non-dragons to gather cores via a special non-dragons area or quests OR if xp loss was just suspended for deaths to elementals. I have a feeling people wouldn't mind as much if it didn't lose them so much XP and set them back in their bashing for dragon. Then they can just bash with the dragons and shrug when they die 20 times.
    This.

If you arent a dragon...or at least beefy...chances are you cant help much in this phase. Soloing is near out of the question and even in a group..they can get torn to shreds.

As I said though, they are concentrated to 1 area and it feels like this phase is almost over, so it shouldnt be too bad.
  • That's fair! Other than the conduits instaing, though, I'd say it's not too bad taking non-dragons along.
  • I lost level 103, and am down nearly 20% of level 102 from this event. Poor Mezghar was dying every 10 minutes with 3 dragons in his group. Sucks for the little guys.

Bring on the no xp loss vs elementals (won't help me but will help the poor plebs who can't scrape 4% together easily)!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Im down aboooout 6% at 101...now I feel like i've been slacking :p

One thing I liked about the blackwave event was that anyone could enter the fight since the monsters scaled. Hoping the next phase is closer to that
  • 1% at 130. In about 24 hours. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• First off I really like this event! I was very excited when it came out because the elements are always something I liked and I always wanted to go visit the elemental realms in my wee novice hood. That being said as a non-dragon in the mix, it was very disheartening to combat the elementals because like everyone else they would murder you before you even get a shot off. What could have happened is the same situation that was brought up in the Conclave event, the dragons were busy working on killing the big guys while those lower level were given special little areas where we could collect a fragment that no dragon could enter to help. My second thought, though this could come from me being Eleusian, was the linear path of it. In Eleusis we kept trying to figure out how to balance all of the elements cause if we favored one there was a chance the elements could be thrown out of wack so we had to research other ways of binding the elements while partipating. We actually tried to get the shrine in Qerstead to work or if that had any effect on anything. Which I am a bit sad that didn't work out but whatever but being in that phase such as in the Black Wave, be careful of the choice yuu make it could have consequences and then it turns into you should just do this kinda is disheartening to say the least. Though I did enjoy the conduits, elementals, emisarries, and the World Tree! Great job on thoes!
  • It's fairly clear by now that the event isn't nearly as linear as people keep claiming it is.

Also, the elementals give really good xp, conversely, so that kind of makes up for the danger, imo. Some might disagree though.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Kiet said:
    It's fairly clear by now that the event isn't nearly as linear as people keep claiming it is.

Also, the elementals give really good xp, conversely, so that kind of makes up for the danger, imo. Some might disagree though.
    I can make more xp in the same amount of time from bashing out the malagmae on Ageiro, with far less risk

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Is it just me (as someone who's basically just looking on from the outside) but does it  seem like only a handful of the same people are having the "key interactions" during this massive event?  Is everyone else just looking on and waiting like me? Or are these just the lucky few who happen to always find the right denizen at the right time to make the right deals?  Seems boring for anyone else who would be interested in the event.
  • I think peoples expectations are a bit high for the event proportion of this release. As Makarious said earlier, the more too release the less flexible the event can be and this is a massive event.

Even with that said this event hasn't been nearly as linear as it might seem and the bashing aspect of one phase being geared towards the end game, not too bad in my eyes. But I am a dragon, albeit a squishy one.
  • edited December 2017
    I wouldn't even mind the deaths so much if cores were balanced to be less rare. What I find frustrating isn't losing chunks of experience for an interesting cause, it's that I might take three deaths in a session and have it be entirely meaningless because nothing at all dropped. Combined with the occasional instadeath from the area and the regular trek to deliver the things because they drop on your inevitable death and decay way too quick, it's just hard to get super excited about.

To be clear, these are all small niggles, they just seem unnecessary. I don't get why orbs couldn't be more frequent, decay slower, and stay on your person when jeruman decides you explode.
  • Keorin said:

To be clear, these are all small niggles, they just seem unnecessary. I don't get why orbs couldn't be more frequent, decay slower, and stay on your person when jeruman decides you explode.
    Yes, yes and yes. 

Enough time spent doing this stuff and the multitude of small niggles add up to 'Nope, fuck this shit, not wasting my time'
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    If only Pazuzu made it rain chocolates instead of blood.
  • These events would be much better, and be much easier on the admin, if they would create a way for regular players to help rp. Some sort of rp only positions that players could help with while still maintaining their characters would be ideal. They could be used for all kind of things from building rooms/areas to taking on some of the more creative writing to rping through npcs. Orgs left high and dry cause they have no active god to help with events? That could be a thing of the past!

This alone would free up so much time for the admin work on content and such.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• edited December 2017
    Arkantos said:
    Is it just me (as someone who's basically just looking on from the outside) but does it  seem like only a handful of the same people are having the "key interactions" during this massive event?  Is everyone else just looking on and waiting like me? Or are these just the lucky few who happen to always find the right denizen at the right time to make the right deals?  Seems boring for anyone else who would be interested in the event.
    Most people don't actually try anything, and then those that do need a little luck to figure out clues and be around at the right time. But for instance for the sea witch thing krypton and I were searching for rl hours. The meeting today was just that Dunn was the first one to think to post it to public, all the cities were informed of it. The vigil thing was figuring out clues before others. Skye's kite was entirely her idea and she made it happen.

Generally, the people who end up having 'key interactions' are the ones that are spending time and energy on the event. Some people seem to think the event will come to them (and that's why they think it's linear), which is not how it usually is.

Back in the day Delphinus got every event post and it was a meme, but that was because he spent a disproportionate amount of time and energy on events.
  • I feel like (and this really isn't the Admins fault) that part of the problem is also that often times someone less established might try to converse with an event mob while the admin isn't looking and get nothing, and then later see someone like Dunn walk in and just have a conversation, and feel hard done by. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • edited December 2017
    I can guarantee you that Dunn and other people like him have tried talking to npc's and not gotten a response more times than most people have even tried total. The idea that the people in the event post just waltz into any room and all the npc's start talking to them isn't based in reality. There's a finite amount of attention admins can put into things, and they have other jobs like coding or planning/logistics to do, too. Sometimes it's a bad time, and you have to try later!

Krypton calling Delph an 'obsession' was true--you need persistence for these things, and Delphinus had an obsessive persistence!
  • Skye said:
    I suspect most admin eventually just responded to make him stop talking. 
    Personally, this is often a fear of mine when it comes to these things. As much as I want to engage with things, I'm never sure how much denizen pestering is appreciated, or when it becomes annoying - especially if I might be barking up entirely the wrong tree