Announce 4852 - Talisman changes

edited December 2017 in North of Thera
ANNOUNCE NEWS #4852                                     (12/09/2017 at 07:57)  
From   : Makarios, the Meticulous
To     : Everyone
Subject: A piece of news
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just loaded up a major revamp of our talismans system. The major thing that has changed is that
we now track how you obtained a talisman piece (so via questing, bashing, promotions, forays etc).
This is designated on your talisman pieces outputs (and on the talisman market outputs) by a letter
denoting the type of source (so B is bashing, P is promotion, Q is questing, and F is forays).

So what does this mean for you:
- This does mean you now have to specify source when doing certain manipulations of pieces such as
trading (though in some cases this can just be ignored and the game will pick a random piece you
own).

- You can only combine pieces of the same source with one another, and a piece of x source will
split into pieces of the same source. This is to avoid the ability to generate promotional talisman
pieces from ones obtained via bashing.

- You can complete talismans from mixed pieces. So if half your pieces are bashing pieces and half
are promotional pieces, that's absolutely fine.

So the burning question, what was the point?

One of the big complaints from players we hear with the talisman system (and a constant source of
frustration on our end too) is that talismans are either promotion locked or only available through
non-promotional means. Under the new system we can add means to obtain pieces that would otherwise
be only available in a promotion through standard game means (such as quests or forays, or bashing
as with dragon and azatlan pieces). Pieces obtained in this way would not be redeemable for credits,
but their promotional counterparts would be.

All pieces in the game have been converted to the new system. This is a fairly major change from how
we've handled pieces in the past, so if you notice any odd behaviour (particularly the ability to
generate pieces or change the source of a piece), please bug it immediately and do not repeat
whatever it is you did to achieve that result.

Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------

Wow this looks really promising!! Good call @Makarios @Nicola and anyone else involved.

Comments

• One question this makes me wonder is if we'll be able to sell bashed talismans on the talisman market soon @Makarios? One thing I've always wanted is an easier way to sell dragon and azatlan pieces, and it seems pretty silly that we can't sell them on the market when the market is there to sell talisman pieces.
  • Wicella said:
    One question this makes me wonder is if we'll be able to sell bashed talismans on the talisman market soon @Makarios? One thing I've always wanted is an easier way to sell dragon and azatlan pieces, and it seems pretty silly that we can't sell them on the market when the market is there to sell talisman pieces.

Potentially, we'll discuss it.

• Yay! Thank you!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Wicella said:
    it seems pretty silly that we can't sell them on the market when the market is there to sell talisman pieces.
    I think the original reasoning they gave for no dragon/azatlan pieces on the market when talismans released is just the sheer number that would flood the market.
    Huh. Neat.
  • - This does mean you now have to specify source when doing certain manipulations of pieces
    I was trying to sell some pieces on the talisman market and it said, "You must specify a valid source for the pieces you want to sell," but I couldn't figure out where in the syntax I should put it (tried a couple different places and it didn't work, maybe I am being dumb but idk). The help scroll doesn't seem to have been updated with that bit of information.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Cailin

TALISMAN MARKET SELL|AUCTION [number] <piece> [LEVEL <level>] <source> <price per> [DURATION <months>]

according to the command
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Cailin

TALISMAN MARKET SELL|AUCTION [number] <piece> [LEVEL <level>] <source> <price per> [DURATION <months>]

according to the command

Ah, I had looked, but missed it. I did figure it out, with help -- part of my problem was that I was trying to put "P" instead of spelling out "promotion".
  • Yeah the source part boggled my mind before I read the announcement. HELP file wasn't updated and I kept trying to put 'me' and "acton" as the source.
  • It seems like when you try and put the talismans together, I have heard a lot of people saying they don't have all of the pieces when they do. I have ran into three people complaining about this in the last 24 hours. 
  • I often forget to combine/split correctly when dealing with talismans. That might be whats going on
  • There is not need for dragon talisman markets.  I'm buying them all at 1000gp each anyway. :D

• Caelan said:
    There is not need for dragon talisman markets.  I'm buying them all at 1000gp each anyway. :D
    And thank you for doing so!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited December 2017
    How do you buy pieces from the talisman market? It says I have to specify a valid talisman piece source, but the syntax says nothing about where to put that.

edit-
    Figured it out!

It's TALISMAN BUY <piece> LEVEL <number> <source> <price>.
     <3 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    If anyone's interested, the talisman tracker in my sig is updated to work with the new layout. No idea about the combining function, I've not needed to use it for a long time, happy to amend if it needs it :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    If anyone's interested, the talisman tracker in my sig is updated to work with the new layout. No idea about the combining function, I've not needed to use it for a long time, happy to amend if it needs it :)
    I try to sell sets, so I'll test but if it could be working I may consider not stealing Kyrra from the Consortium ^_^.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Minifie said:
    Klendathu said:
    I try to sell sets, so I'll test but if it could be working I may consider not stealing Kyrra from the Consortium ^_^.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."