Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• You need at least one arm free to outrift, so any combination of broken (apply mending), damaged (apply restoration once) or mangled (apply restoration twice) on both arms is sufficient.
  • For a riftlock to be effective, you need 2 damaged arms, and to transition it into a proper lock before any restoration they applied to their arms finishes. Otherwise, RESTORE will free them.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/g8NMAsRG

Is this intentional? It was doing it consistently for me and my testing partner earlier.
  • Yes.  
  • If you have 6+ fractures, any cure for fracs will cure two instead.
  • RESTORE will cure two regardless, if you're out of room of the Runie that gave you them.
  • Curious if anyone has done the testing and acquired this info.

What are the approx. resists for Magi Diamondskin at 15 int, 16 int, and 17 int?

What is the healing percents for L1, L2, and L3 health/mana regen?

I'd love to know.

• Taryius said:
    Curious if anyone has done the testing and acquired this info.

What are the approx. resists for Magi Diamondskin at 15 int, 16 int, and 17 int?

What is the healing percents for L1, L2, and L3 health/mana regen?

I'd love to know.

Level 2 regen is 5% of maximum, level 3 is 8.3% of maximum. I think level one is around 3%, but I don't recall exactly.

To put those in perspective, 5% is the same regen as a boar tattoo provides (though boar isn't a level, so doesn't count towards the level 3 limit). A moon tattoo is a flat 75 mana.
  • So a permanent boar tattoo for 100cr seems like a no brainer?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    So a permanent boar tattoo for 100cr seems like a no brainer?
    I wouldn't call it a no brainer because you don't have to make it permanent to enjoy the benefits of a boar tattoo most of the time. The permanent tattoo only ensures that you always have it, so it depends how often you find yourself in a situation where it would be useful, yours has faded, and you have zero opportunity to re-ink in a relatively timely manner.
  • Perma tree is a no brainer IMO, unless you wipe it off and reink it before every fight.
  • Permanent mindseye, tree, cloak, and depending on class shield are very good options
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Torinn said:
    Permanent mindseye, tree, cloak, and depending on class shield are very good options
    Don't really need perma cloak or mindseye, you can reink those whenever you get below a certain amount of uses.

I would recommend for shield, tree, boar, moon, megalith, ox in that order in general.  Can also consider moss.

• Given the amount of regen it provides (basically fuck all), moon tattoo probably isn't worth making permanent. If I needed to free up a spot I would probably ditch my moon tattoo first.
  • I like moon to keep alertness and skywatch on without sipping.  Cloak disappearing has fucked me before so... *Shrug*
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I think I finally perma'd my cloak (after tree, shield, boar, moon, moss, megalith), but I kinda wish I had done brazier instead. Cloak is just not something you ever spam.
  • Torinn said:
    I like moon to keep alertness and skywatch on without sipping.  Cloak disappearing has fucked me before so... *Shrug*
    I have level 3 mana regen, so moon isn't doing any heavy lifting at this point. Obviously not everybody has mana regen artefacts, but I'd honestly put the 100 credits towards level one mana regen than spend it on a moon tattoo. I had level two mana regen before I made my moon tattoo permanent, and a major reason I made a lot of mine permanent is that there have been a lot of promotions (wheel, globes, giftbags, etc.) which have given phials of shimmering ink as a reward.
  • Farrah said:
    I think I finally perma'd my cloak (after tree, shield, boar, moon, moss, megalith), but I kinda wish I had done brazier instead. Cloak is just not something you ever spam.
    I have a perma cloak, because cloak, like shield and tree, is one of those tattoos where running out of it midfight can and will kill you. Running out of a brazier might mean I miss a kill, or it might kill somebody who isn't me, but it won't kill me. Starbursting and not having a cloak tattoo because I didn't catch it fading will kill me.

My perms in no particular order: Cloak, Shield, Tree, Moss, Moon, Boar
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I perma'ed moon before mana regen because level 1 mana regen is only 2%, so unless you have over 4000 mana its the same as a moon tattoo in mana regen.  Moon is a pain to keep up, so credit for credit its more valuable to have a moon tattoo.
  • The first thing I perma'ed is tree. Then I perma'ed boar. Then Moon, and the rest is history cos I got spammed by promo drops.
  • edited December 2017
    I perma'ed shield first because I used to run with two shields and Shecks would get pissed every time he checked.

So I wondered how mad he'd get if I made it permanent instead.
  • Iakimen said:
    I perma'ed shield first because I used to run with two shields and Shecks would get pissed every time he checked.

I wish I had the wallet to be this level of petty :(
  • edited December 2017
    Alyxeri said:
    Iakimen said:

I wish I had the wallet to be this level of petty :(
    Didn't need a wallet that was pre bashing changes and old monk bashing. Could get it in like two days. Significant majority of my credits came from grinding.  
  • Is it just me or is curing aeoncommand no longer working?
  • Aren't traits supposed to reset when you gain a new class?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Aren't traits supposed to reset when you gain a new class?
    You get new traits for each class slot, but if you already chose traits in that class slot and you're just changing it out for something else, then no.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Is STR a huge factor for depthswalker damage/pressure or should I emphasize CON?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Is STR a huge factor for depthswalker damage/pressure or should I emphasize CON?
    The latter. Depthswalker can pretty easily damage people out with 12 strength and no arti scythe.
    DW damage is more augmented by the affs / attune / shadow and hitting capstone, than STR. Go con Tash'la and laugh at DWB trying to quick prep you. 
  • edited December 2017
    How much longer is the writhe time per broken leg? Is it calculated from the numbers of broken legs at  time of the impale or is the time shortened if the leg is cured during the impale?

Arms doesn’t count? And broken means restoration or mending cure?

edit: forgot to write that I’m twohander runewarden.