Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

OOC Raves

1257258259260261263»

Comments

• AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,135Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caelan said:
    Made $3200 Sunday, $600 today, Wednesday I have $7750 coming, and then Thursday I have $2500.  Truly a good week for me!
    You need help? Dang

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    MelodieUtianima
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 804Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited December 4
    I would but there's no ivorybowstring  pieces in stockings or talisman pieces so F that.

Pretty psyched about it actually.  Won't happen again likely but.. really good week.  Plus my IRA went up a couple thousand over night. And I got word they are finally posting the Probation and Parole contract which I'm all set for, just need to apply.  Awesome.  Now I wait for the other shoe to fall.....

Plus, in a year I'll likely be setting up my own computer forensics gig, supplemented with repairs and maybe some apps.  Sa-weet.

Utianima
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyPosts: 4,385Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Work dinner tonight was so great even though I was dateless. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

edited December 6
    Sobriquet said:

The webcam element was a great visual impact tool and seemed to make quite the impression, although clearly you need to find the line between looking to scare and and looking to educate.

Reminded me why I got into IT Security in the first place!

I got to do something similar on the forensic side.  Showed the kids how I can track everything they've done on their network (all the log files for events, router logs, server logs, etc), online (searches [whether typed manually or redirected, etc], stored files, cloud services,etc)  and then accessing unallocated space and the registry to show them nothing is really ever gone, even if they think putting it on a thumb drive and deleting it works. Nothing quite so fancy as yours but I think this kind of education is vitally important (yours and mine) to teach kids how they are easily monitored, tracked, and hacked online and not - as well as just how much information their digital devices keep about them.  Especially cell phones (deleted messages, skype conversations, where they have been with the phone even with the GPS off, what networks they've connected to, the works).

I really don't think you can scare them enough!  

edit: Speaking of which, on top of my great week thus far, I found out my contract is being extended almost indefinitely.  I'll be getting another one with a different department, AND a raise.  What an amazing week thus far.  I only hope the 'downside' of this upswing is the fact I got kinda jack-shit on my 5 grand stockings. :D

SobriquetTysandrSnokUtianima
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,706Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'd be really keen to delve deeper into the forensics side of things and have looked at the EC Council Forensics course, although moreso because if I passed the exam I'd automatically renew my CEH.
    CaelanUtianima
    edited December 6
    Sobriquet said:
    I'd be really keen to delve deeper into the forensics side of things and have looked at the EC Council Forensics course, although moreso because if I passed the exam I'd automatically renew my CEH.
    https://www.forensicmag.com/ 

Has a few decent articles.  It's not very in-depth (kind of like a Newsweek for forensics) but it gives a good idea. The group at MIT? that figured out how to guess your phone passcode using just the gyroscopes (sensors public to any app) and the event for when you try to log in.. brilliant!

Sobriquet
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,706Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rave for me buying Litecoin at £73 per.

HODL!
  • AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,366Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sobriquet said:
    Rave for me buying Litecoin at £73 per.

HODL!
    Don't talk to me. I day trade a lot, and sold out at $200 thinking after a 100% increase like that it had to go down. Little did I know that Litecoin doesn't give a flying fuck about what I think, and thus decided to go up $200 more :|

Puxi
  • PuxiPuxi Posts: 268Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Trey said:
    Trey said:
    The company I work at just got acquired by Target. I had an option to purchase stock in the company when I started, but now that option is off the table. Instead, they're paying out full market value on the shares at time of merger at a rate of 19 shares per month until we're fully vested. Which in basic terms means that as long as I continue working here, I get paid an extra $403.60 a month for the next four years as long as I have continued employment here
    Correction - the above for THREE years kicked off with a lump payment of $4800ish in March.
    Sounds like you got some new artefacts coming your way!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,274Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    New custom perfumes*
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 595Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Kogan save us
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • AralayaAralaya Posts: 602Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Melodie said:
    Finals is overrrr, semester is overrrrr, FREEDOOOOOOMMMM!!!
    Until January 3rd (for me at least)

Time to destroy my sleep schedule! :lol:

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    Torinn
Sign In to Comment.