The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• Question: Is it just my orgs who are useless are posting what is going on or is it a rampant problem? I keep running into people who are annoyed at explaining it for the 20th time and I am getting that way myself, but I am usually dormant for the big events so I don't know if it is normal or not.
  • edited December 2017
    --- In the shadows of the volcano  -6:5:0 ---
    You see exits leading south and up.
    4083h, 5163m, 17963e, 21255w ex@|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (10:11:15:701)u

Scaling the volcano on the branches of Yggdrasil.
    ---------------------------------------------

[+]

------------------ -6:5:1 -------------------
    You see exits leading up and down.
    4083h, 5163m, 17961e, 21255w ex@|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (10:11:16:575)
    A greater fire elemental brings you back into phase with the world.
    4083h, 5163m, 17961e, 21255w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (10:11:16:976)u

A greater fire elemental reaches up and removes his mask, the pure brightness 
    and heat causing your face to burn and your vision to fade.
    A greater fire elemental makes a winding gesture in your direction, igniting a 
    fiery pain in your stomach.
    The world around you fades to white as a raging inferno consumes you.
    You have been slain by a greater fire elemental.
    You writhe in pain as you fall to level 96.
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of Master of Sapience.
    0h, 5163m, 17961e, 21255w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (10:11:17:94)(-4083 Health)

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Trey They block flyers too. I'm not saying they knock flyers down (which they do), I'm saying that if the elemental is on the ground, and you try to fly past, it blocks you. Someone upstairs is truly evil.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    AND they ignore reflections.
  • Krypton said:
    AND they ignore reflections.
    Did you lose your 59 reflections
    It's like I died 60 times to that binch :(
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Seems like Someone Powerful is fed up of people saying bashing is boring, and decided to make it into something to which one needs to pay attention :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited December 2017
    Does paying attention help though?

:tongue:
  • I don't think the Dreadpilar is killable 1v1. I got it down to about 70% health, and then it adjusted something and I died pretty quick after that. Two people should be able to do it with coordination though.

• edited December 2017
    Cooper said:
    I don't think the Dreadpilar is killable 1v1. I got it down to about 70% health, and then it adjusted something and I died pretty quick after that. Two people should be able to do it with coordination though.
    We killed two, it can be done!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • That wasn't 1v1 though.
  • Was responding more to the coordination bit, obv!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2017
    So is there more to this, or is the whole world inside the flame the whole release? I don't mean this as a stab at IRE or anything, I didn't even read what they had said about the event. I was just told through some players that this was supposed to be a big, game changing development. Like the biggest release in IRE history sort of thing. Was I misinformed and got over hyped?
  • Didn't you just post the same question like 2 days ago
  • Elsam said:
    So is there more to this, or is the whole world inside the flame the whole release? I don't mean this as a stab at IRE or anything, I didn't even read what they had said about the event. I was just told through some players that this was supposed to be a big, game changing development. Like the biggest release in IRE history sort of thing. Was I misinformed and got over hyped?
    @Elsam you asked this the other day too, and got several responses.

It is already the biggest single release ever on Achaea. Admin said in the Discord chat yesterday that it was not done yet, either.

Please don't be so negative while asking the same question and ignoring responses.

edited December 2017
    Currently:
    • 50% of the new physical areas have yet to be opened (so like ~800 rooms to go?)
    • 70% of the total development into the Big Release (new mechanics, etc. etc. etc.) has yet to go live
    I.e., we literally haven't seen the half of it.
  • I wonder if all this is part of testing new mechanics for Starmourn. Seems a bit strange to double down on Achaea while working to release Starmourn. Its a lot of investment on two competing projects.
  • Jacen said:
    I wonder if all this is part of testing new mechanics for Starmourn. Seems a bit strange to double down on Achaea while working to release Starmourn. Its a lot of investment on two competing projects.
    They're entirely different teams, just like the other IRE games.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jacen said:
    I wonder if all this is part of testing new mechanics for Starmourn. Seems a bit strange to double down on Achaea while working to release Starmourn. Its a lot of investment on two competing projects.
    This isn't like traditional boxed video games, like, say the Madden games, where we stop development on Madden 2k16 to focus development on Madden 2k17. Both games will continue to be developed and supported well into the future. Many of these happenings and concepts in this event have been on the drawing board long before Starmourn was even though of!
  • Different teams within the same company, yes. Doesn't change my post.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jacen said:
    Different teams within the same company, yes. Doesn't change my post.
    I mean, IRE already has different projects that get simultaneously developed at the same time. For all intents and purposes Starmourn is just another (eagerly looked forward to) project that abides by the same established rules.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Jacen said:
    So you would prefer if they stopped updating or developing Achaea at all because of Starmourn?

• Try to exaggerate my point a little more. There's a huge gap between no investment versus hiring a new coder and effecting the biggest release Achaea's ever seen. I just find it interesting that the flagship's biggest release ever came (probably) within a year of their newest project's release.