Mudlet 3.6.0 - code beautifier, search online, prompt trigger type, more UI customisation

edited December 2017 in Client Help

In what is the 10th big update this year, Mudlet 3.6 is here! This update is awesome and includes a ton of new features: code beautifier, search online, wizard-less installation, new prompt trigger type, more UI customisation. Update your Mudlet and check 'em out here. Happy Holidays!

Comments

• [ ERROR ] - Cannot load code indenter, indenting functionality won't be available.
                Lua error:[string "..."]:2: module 'lcf.workshop.base' not found:
                        no field package.preload['lcf.workshop.base']
                        no file './lcf/workshop/base.lua'
                        no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base.lua'
                        no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base/init.lua'
                        no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base.lua'
                        no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base/init.lua'
                        no file './lcf/workshop/base.so'
                        no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base.so'
                        no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
                        no file '/usr/bin/lib/lcf/workshop/base.so'
                        no file './lcf.so'
                        no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf.so'
                        no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
                        no file '/usr/bin/lib/lcf.so'
  • Come by Mudlet forums or Discord and we'll have a look. I've personally tested Windows, macOS, and Linux downloads though and they all work!
  • The error is from a third-party packaging Mudlet incorrectly, and not the official downloads from the website. Mystery solved!
  • Switched, lagged horribly bad (anywhere from 10s to 45s), switched back to 3.5 and no issues. Very probable it's because my error window is constantly scrolling, but 3.6 is unusable for me for now. I'll look into sorting out all my errors before I give a better update.
  • Sounds like you just turned on the Debug window which has always made things slow (see tooltip on the button). I recommend trying 3.6 again with it off - or just turning is on 3.5 too :wink:
  • Nope, debug window wasn't open the whole time. Did open it to see if there were any new errors, but couldn't find any. Like I said, I'll scrub my system and give it another whirl, though.
  • I know this isn't really for this thread but I just have to say how incredibly annoying it is to get my map updated and have it remove all the rooms that i manually mapped out.  For instance, the Harbingers House Hall, I have to keep re-mapping every single update.  Same with my subdivision house.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    I know this isn't really for this thread but I just have to say how incredibly annoying it is to get my map updated and have it remove all the rooms that i manually mapped out.  For instance, the Harbingers House Hall, I have to keep re-mapping every single update.  Same with my subdivision house.  
    I believe @Antidas was working on getting a more up to date crowd map so you should talk to him!
  • Puxi said:
    Torinn said:
    I know this isn't really for this thread but I just have to say how incredibly annoying it is to get my map updated and have it remove all the rooms that i manually mapped out.  For instance, the Harbingers House Hall, I have to keep re-mapping every single update.  Same with my subdivision house.  
    I believe @Antidas was working on getting a more up to date crowd map so you should talk to him!
    This. I'm gonna log in soon, can get stuff mapped so that you don't need to do this every time!

• @Qwindor is on the case. 
  • Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but after downloading and installing 3.6.0, it will start right away (and the map console is clickable, thanks so much for that!!). Then when I've closed Mudlet and open it again, I'm running 3.5.0 and not 3.6.0 (and map console is like it always used to be). 

I've had this issue now on both my laptop and my PC, so it's not an incident.

Sound familiar to anyone?
  • How do I make my buffer not cut things off? Basically I don’t want to lose anything I’ve seen during that session of Mudlet.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Coamenel said:
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but after downloading and installing 3.6.0, it will start right away (and the map console is clickable, thanks so much for that!!). Then when I've closed Mudlet and open it again, I'm running 3.5.0 and not 3.6.0 (and map console is like it always used to be). 

You need to uninstall previous versions of Mudlet. All your settings/profile data will be saved, so no need to worry about anything there!
  • Jacen said:
    Coamenel said:
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but after downloading and installing 3.6.0, it will start right away (and the map console is clickable, thanks so much for that!!). Then when I've closed Mudlet and open it again, I'm running 3.5.0 and not 3.6.0 (and map console is like it always used to be). 

You need to uninstall previous versions of Mudlet. All your settings/profile data will be saved, so no need to worry about anything there!
    Ah, must've overlooked that, thanks!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Atalkez said:
    How do I make my buffer not cut things off? Basically I don’t want to lose anything I’ve seen during that session of Mudlet.
    @Atalkez set your buffer size to something unreasonably large.

setConsoleBufferSize("main", 10000000, 10000)

Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Atalkez said:
    How do I make my buffer not cut things off? Basically I don’t want to lose anything I’ve seen during that session of Mudlet.

Is there a way to set this once and have it "stick" forever? Or is it something I should throw in as part of my login triggers?

• edited December 2017
    Zbaco said:
    Ahmet said:
    Atalkez said:

Is there a way to set this once and have it "stick" forever? Or is it something I should throw in as part of my login triggers?

The latter. Potentially wrong, but it's what I was told so I've always had it run after my login setup. And the systems I had in Aetolia and Lusternia both had it, so I assume that's what you gotta do.
  • Its a Mudlet thing. Toss it in a script that runs at startup.
  • Got it, thanks.

• Any way to specify where profiles are saved yet?
  • But we welcome contributions in that area ;)