Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

GUI showoff thread #3

13»

Comments

• AlyxeriAlyxeri Posts: 466Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited December 2017
    Torinn said:
    You have a gigantic monitor.  
    Judging by picture properties, seems like he has a pretty standard-sized (nowadays) monitor. Gigantic would be the 4k ones :D

Like this!
    3840 x 2160 resolution, 40" monitor :D

Torinn
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 689Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    And here I am with a 1080 monitor thinking it's spiffy :D
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • ZekerosZekeros Posts: 12Member

This is my gui, very thrown together I just put things where they fit when I install things. I'm thinking about putting borders or a background colour around everything to make things look like they belong.
    VadimusesTysandr
  • ZulahZulah Posts: 716Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Alyxeri said:
    The beginner works of my new GUI, to go along with the system I'm in the midst of coding from the ground up.
    Undecided just yet what I'll add at the bottom. System-related information when I get there, probably.
    Very nice, love the creative borders!

I've been working on a script to auto resize and reshape boarder art without requiring restarts or layering issues recently. Been pretty happy with the results:

2 Pictures. 1 Just my basic GUI when not in combat and hanging around battlements with my ashtan wallpaper and the other is a gif showing the border changing and zone wallpaper changing:

(Had to cut the gif short as you can see by the red spam Mhaldor raided while I was filming it lol)

TysandrVadimusesStheno
  • AralayaAralaya Posts: 770Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    All your GUIs are so cool :open_mouth:
    Mine is bleh. I wanna rewrite it but I don't know how to make cool stuff like buttons or limb showey things or affliction trackers :(

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • JacenJacen Posts: 2,282Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Theoretically border resizing like that should be trivial with slices, but I haven't had much luck in getting the underlying Qt to do what it says it can do.
  • VadimusesVadimuses Posts: 1,036Member @ - Epic Achaean
    @Zulah you could look into adding dragging via the mouse which is possible for a while now: https://www.mudlet.org/2017/05/mudlet-3-1-0/

• ZulahZulah Posts: 716Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Vadimuses said:
    @Zulah you could look into adding dragging via the mouse which is possible for a while now: https://www.mudlet.org/2017/05/mudlet-3-1-0/

@Vadimuses why must you show me these great features that make me want to rewrite so much of my bad patch job code   :s

13»
Sign In to Comment.