Coordinated Stories for New Characters?

Just had an interesting thought, has anyone ever coordinated with another player to start 2 (or maybe even more) brand new adventurers from scratch and give them coordinated back stories? like maybe they're twins, or childhood best friends, who were separated at birth? Or perhaps they're sworn enemies, one from Mhaldor, and one from Targossas perhaps, and the characters could sort of intentionally create a story by confronting each other every so often? 

Would that go against the roleplaying rules in some way? I'm not sure if it's something I want to do necessarily, but I think it's a really cool idea and could make for some rich roleplaying and character backgrounds .

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I've seen it done now and then, though people rarely seem to stick with such characters. Usually one goes dormant, then the other follow suits.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Ah yea that makes sense. I guess it would have to be a couple of very dedicated players, and even then they could get bored of the story and want to go back to a previous character or something. 

• Seems to work  just fine for some people. I know at least one pair of twins that still both play, even if their interests diverged. RP doesn't require you both be the same person forever, either.
  • Arnin said:
    Just had an interesting thought, has anyone ever coordinated with another player to start 2 (or maybe even more) brand new adventurers from scratch and give them coordinated back stories? like maybe they're twins, or childhood best friends, who were separated at birth? Or perhaps they're sworn enemies, one from Mhaldor, and one from Targossas perhaps, and the characters could sort of intentionally create a story by confronting each other every so often? 

Would that go against the roleplaying rules in some way? I'm not sure if it's something I want to do necessarily, but I think it's a really cool idea and could make for some rich roleplaying and character backgrounds .
    @Vika and @Reyson fit that bill! Both twins and their backstory is pretty detailed, even if Vika diverged from Mhaldor for a prefered playstyle! It definitely happens, and it's always refreshing to see when both parties do their best to make it work!
  • The key imo is more to make sure this is actually both your mains. Alts get thrown away.
  • That's a great point. I mean, even though I already made my character, I haven't written a backstory yet, so I could almost do something like this with another newbie. Just not sure if I want to haha I'm on the fence about it. But if I were to make an alt and do it, I probably would lose interest and want to go back to focus primarily on my main again. 

• I did this with Rouillier (after both chars were already created). He retired on me though. :(

It's not like it really ruins your character if the person disappears though. I mean, they're still part of your story. That particular storyline is just over.

(Fk you Rou)

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    wasn't it Rouillier the paladin and Farrah the priestess, inseparable friends, bloodsworn forever

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • No. Atalkez is Farrah's only bloodsworn! Rouillier was Farrah's brother though.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Bloodsworn make me think of Power Rangers.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Kyrra said:
    Bloodsworn make me think of Power Rangers.
    Farrah is actually the megazord.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    The only example that I can remember was a couple of people who played twin sisters, named Bou and Buo I think. That was quite a while back, though they did seem to stick it out for a while.