Stockings!

Love the new talisman set reading from news post, haven't got any stockings, gonna get some clarification first. 

So we have 4 types of stockings, logomas, fancy, grand, extravagant. 

My question is: each stocking will have at least 1 talisman piece. Does better stockings get more pieces, or higher value pieces? 

Need accurate information on this, don't like guesses any more. Thanks. 

Comments

• The way this works is:

- As you go up the stocking tiers, your base rarity goes up. What this functionally means is your chances at better pieces is higher because the pool of targets gets smaller (you will have no chance at pulling a brooch of the tempest or an air elemental in an extravagant stocking for instance, because your base rarity is simply too high). That's an extreme example, but I imagine that should make how that part works clear.

- You have a chance at getting an extra talisman piece in every type of stocking. The chance of that ranges from low (normal stockings) to guaranteed (extravagant).

- Additionally, as you go up the stocking tiers your stockings "value" goes up. This means what you pull alongside your talisman pieces will be better. The value of your talisman piece does detract from this, but there is also a cap on how much that can knock off your worth - so pulling a harness piece won't destroy your stockings value for instance.

• Makarios said:

The way this works is:

- As you go up the stocking tiers, your base rarity goes up. What this functionally means is your chances at better pieces is higher because the pool of targets gets smaller (you will have no chance at pulling a brooch of the tempest or an air elemental in an extravagant stocking for instance, because your base rarity is simply too high). That's an extreme example, but I imagine that should make how that part works clear.

- You have a chance at getting an extra talisman piece in every type of stocking. The chance of that ranges from low (normal stockings) to guaranteed (extravagant).

- Additionally, as you go up the stocking tiers your stockings "value" goes up. This means what you pull alongside your talisman pieces will be better. The value of your talisman piece does detract from this, but there is also a cap on how much that can knock off your worth - so pulling a harness piece won't destroy your stockings value for instance.

Thank you so much @Makarios
  • Makarios said:

The way this works is:

r (you will have no chance at pulling a brooch of the tempest or an air elemental in an extravagant stocking for instance, because your base rarity is simply too high). 

I'm confused - if the Extravagant is the highest tier stocking, why wouldn't it be able to get those highly valued prizes? 

Maybe I don't grok what 'base rarity' means?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited December 2017
    Because items valued at like 38 (150/4)  or 60 credits are not worth as much as items valued at like 400 credits (1/4 of 1600 or whatever it is)
  • Prythe said:
    Makarios said:

The way this works is:

r (you will have no chance at pulling a brooch of the tempest or an air elemental in an extravagant stocking for instance, because your base rarity is simply too high). 

I'm confused - if the Extravagant is the highest tier stocking, why wouldn't it be able to get those highly valued prizes? 

Maybe I don't grok what 'base rarity' means?

Basically its what Kiet said. The prizes I listed are the ones worth very little in terms of credit value - extravagant stockings limit themselves to the prizes that are guaranteed a higher payout, because of the upfront cost of purchasing one of those particular stockings.

• The awkward moment when you hang a stocking anonymously for someone and it still bears your mark. lol
  • @Makarios @Nicola this elemental set is high end, interesting, exciting! Thanks.
  • To help IRE make money: this is the bonus line if anyone wants to trigger balanceless opens off it:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/2eXfmRRR
  • edited December 2017
    I bought 5 of the fancy stockings for 74 USD.

My return was ~500 credits worth of talisman tradeins/sales, two permanent tattoos and an artie vial. Worthhhhhh.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The harness will be owner-only, presuming?
  • Two $5 stockings:

You have been awarded with The lightning for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a wooden box of parts, 1311 gold sovereigns, 1715 gold sovereigns, a group of 19 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 19 ginseng roots inside!

You have been awarded with The essence for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a group of 10 coal pieces, a group of 10 coal pieces, and a group of 7 pieces of rope inside!

Laughed so hard at the coal! But overall definitely worth it!

• Having felt the burn on the last two promos.. fairly sure I will sit this out.  There is only one or two things I would want (harness fo sho)

• Caelan said:
    Having felt the burn on the last two promos.. fairly sure I will sit this out.  There is only one or two things I would want (harness fo sho)
    @Caelan I was burned out last 2 months' as well. But trust me, this month is very generous and super good items in the new set, go all out. If you are not happy you can come kill me IG, if you can win.
  • edited December 2017
    Dochitha said:
    Caelan said:
    Having felt the burn on the last two promos.. fairly sure I will sit this out.  There is only one or two things I would want (harness fo sho)
    @Caelan I was burned out last 2 months' as well. But trust me, this month is very generous and super good items in the new set, go all out. If you are not happy you can come kill me IG, if you can win.
    I definitely think that this months promo will be mich better than the previous two months. 

Can’t afford too many, but I might indulge in a few to give out as Christmas presents!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Harness looks amazingly good, although does it also allow the return flight? Can people follow you?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Harness only works on islands, not on Sapience
    Oh, to fly from island to island, not from mainland to island?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • yea, and you can only get to the specified islands from one of the islands listed on that specific windstream
    Still good for collecting Azatlani talisman pieces, eg atlatl. @Aegoth, get me a harness and I'll get you atltal :D

• Wtf bro?

Caelan said:
    Wtf bro?
    Alright, you get me a harness and I'll get you atlatl. I'll GIVE atlatls to anyone who gets me a harness ;)

• Caelan said:
    Wtf bro?
    You don't even know how to kill people with atlatls. Back off
  • I killed you, yo. And Mezghar. And ....

• Caelan said:
    I killed you, yo. And Mezghar. And ....
    You never killed me with an atlatl. Keep dreaming!
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/PIKlSiYx

Not bad for £19. Completed the Air Elemental afterwards too

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Tried Extravagant:
    You have been awarded with The wood for a mineral-crusted shovel talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The enchantment for a shackle of Garash talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find Lesser Stone of Wonder and a group of 17 valerian leaves
    inside!
  • edited December 2017
    I bought 5 of the lower ones for 25. Got like 10k gold handful of herbs/comms. 2 wooden box of parts. 4 ice figurines. 10 seftorium. 5 lucrescent nuts. 20 humgii racing tickets. And these talisman pieces

Num Name                                   Level Set        Keyword             

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

airbroochpieces

1 The clasp for a brooch of the tempest  1     elemental  airbroochclasp

firependantpieces

1 The flame for a fire pendant           1     elemental  firependantflame

jawbonepieces

1 The mandibles for a warblefish's jawbo 1     elemental  jawbonemandibles

searedglyphpieces

1 The flame for a seared glyph           1     elemental  searedglyphflame

sceptrepieces

1 The script for a sceptre of aqueous ma 1     elemental  sceptrescript

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• You really lucked out on the sceptre piece. 250 credits if you redeem it, but can likely sell it for more.
  • It has no redeem value. I checked. Brooch is 18 mandible 25 pendant 25 glyph 106 scepter 0
  • I'll buy that glyph piece from you if you're parting with it. :P  Also, you should maybe bug the redeem value on that.

Speaking of the glyph, anyone complete one yet?