The biggest release in Achaea's history will be happening

Comments

• I'm actually really annoyed the second bit of this event is going to be on the weekend again. I'd really like to not be working while all the cool crap is happening... again.  :/

I feel ya. But most people have the weekends free, so I get it. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Serious spoilers are serious
    [spoiler]CITY RELATIONS AIRPLANE / EARTHPLANE / FIREPLANE / WATERPLANE
    [spoiler]Though.. shouldn't they be at War! with each other?..[/spoiler][/spoiler]
  • Aesgar said:
    I'm actually really annoyed the second bit of this event is going to be on the weekend again. I'd really like to not be working while all the cool crap is happening... again.  :/

I feel ya. But most people have the weekends free, so I get it. 
    I definitely get it, and I've seen some effort to stagger stuff to better include the different time zones as well. I just kind of expected if it initiated on the weekend, it'd continue during the week as a trade off. 
  • Farrah said:
    Kiet said:
    I've already prepared my contingency post in case I'm held accountable for massive destruction from the conduits.

I hope the contingency is to channel your inner Aegoth, cackle hellishly, and say it was your evil plan all along.

My response to @Daeir 's "I told you so" will be more challenging and may get ugly.
    It will be a post to the public board, containing only this:

/Kiet

• Ugh, and I really wanted to live in Airplane.
  • Irolnar said:
    Ugh, and I really wanted to live in Airplane.
    Surely you can't be serious?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Irolnar said:
    I'll be the first to bite with an obligatory: DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • Ictinus said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Irolnar said:
    Image result for flying high emergency pilot
  • edited November 2017
    Ysela said:
    Farrah said:
    Kiet said:
    I've already prepared my contingency post in case I'm held accountable for massive destruction from the conduits.

I hope the contingency is to channel your inner Aegoth, cackle hellishly, and say it was your evil plan all along.

My response to @Daeir 's "I told you so" will be more challenging and may get ugly.
    It will be a post to the public board, containing only this:

/Kiet

I LOVE YOU now.  So many EDM nonsense around.. This and Metallica got me through a lot of shit.  No one seems to appreciate my local boys made good. Quite possibly the only good thing to come out of CT (besides my wife and kids)

• Can't edit.. Hatebreed coming to New Haven (same place I saw Bad Religion and Rancid at!) .  Saw them there with Earth Crisis and Vision of Disorder.   SOOOO GOOD!  Coming back now and tix are only $25.  VIP Meet and Greet is only $30.  Ozzy Sabbath was $1500-5000!  Lady Gaga was $2500 (helped pay for some tickets for a kid with numerous illnesses to meet his idol)

• Ictinus said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Irolnar said:
    I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em down.

• While I feel kinda "eh" about the event so far (mostly because of pacing and a few things), the general flavor has my mind racing on things. I've always loved the elements and elementals, so this flavor is all sorts of awesome. While I'm chasing Mistral around I've been pondering about just what the event will add to the game. Will it be planes to explore, a revamp to the magi class, or something else.

I've always thought an elemental archer would be boss as hell, but I don't think all the elements would really fit into that. Even though four classes are way too much to add, thinking about a class oriented to each element is just damn fun. Something akin to teradrim for earth, slinging a massive flail as they wade into combat with earthen armor cloying to their form. Causing the ground to churn and hinder their foes with a gesture, leaving them open for an earth rumbling strike. For fire I'm picturing a guy wielding a halberd, each swing accompanied by the roar of flame. Whirling wide arcs of weapon and flame alike, before hurling a disk of fire at their foes, or following flame with blade. A nimble archer for air, leaping into the air before releasing a volley of arrows into her foe below. Or possibly taking aim before infusing an arrow with lightning and striking a distant target to the peel of thunder. For water I'm imagining someone wielding a whip of amorphous water in their left hand and a glistening spear of ice in their right. Just imagine the guy latching the whip to an enemy in an adjacent room before hurling himself in and impaling him through a frozen spear. Or whirling the whip before forming the bits of water into jagged darts of ice, lacerating their foes in a beautiful mix of fluid form and razor sharp executions.

Insert daydreamy sigh here.
  • While I feel kinda "eh" about the event so far (mostly because of pacing and a few things), the general flavor has my mind racing on things. I've always loved the elements and elementals, so this flavor is all sorts of awesome. While I'm chasing Mistral around I've been pondering about just what the event will add to the game. Will it be planes to explore, a revamp to the magi class, or something else.

I've always thought an elemental archer would be boss as hell, but I don't think all the elements would really fit into that. Even though four classes are way too much to add, thinking about a class oriented to each element is just damn fun. Something akin to teradrim for earth, slinging a massive flail as they wade into combat with earthen armor cloying to their form. Causing the ground to churn and hinder their foes with a gesture, leaving them open for an earth rumbling strike. For fire I'm picturing a guy wielding a halberd, each swing accompanied by the roar of flame. Whirling wide arcs of weapon and flame alike, before hurling a disk of fire at their foes, or following flame with blade. A nimble archer for air, leaping into the air before releasing a volley of arrows into her foe below. Or possibly taking aim before infusing an arrow with lightning and striking a distant target to the peel of thunder. For water I'm imagining someone wielding a whip of amorphous water in their left hand and a glistening spear of ice in their right. Just imagine the guy latching the whip to an enemy in an adjacent room before hurling himself in and impaling him through a frozen spear. Or whirling the whip before forming the bits of water into jagged darts of ice, lacerating their foes in a beautiful mix of fluid form and razor sharp executions.

Insert daydreamy sigh here.

Those were pretty good.

I've always loved the idea behind magi/caster specializing in a particular element. I feel it adds more of an identity and kinship to their 'preferred' element. I'd love if this event introduced such to our Magi.
  • It's highly doubtful they'd do that.. Magi JUST got a massive rework two years or so ago
  • Aegoth said:
    It's highly doubtful they'd do that.. Magi JUST got a massive rework two years or so ago
    New class. 
  • Aegoth said:
    It's highly doubtful they'd do that.. Magi JUST got a massive rework two years or so ago
    I completely agree, but it's fun to think about.
  • Please not another new class

• Sobriquet said:
    Please not another new class
    We could use a more simple DWer, like, 3 buttons: room hinder and aeon with enemy AoE damage, one that locks the target, and one to do massive damage and even more if the target is in your room!
  • Sobriquet said:
    Jokes on you. Two per elemental type, with a specialization choice of 4 weapon types per for a total 24 new variations.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Or this is all just to release elemental holobombs.

...those aren't out yet, right?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Atalkez said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Jokes on you. Two per elemental type, with a specialization choice of 4 weapon types per for a total 24 new variations.
    None of the coders have quit in a spectacular fashion, so it's a safe bet this isn't the case. :lol:
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm not a math wizard but 2 per elemental type is 8 different classes, and each one having 4 weapon types.. 8*4=32, not 24, yeah?
  • You’re right, I was wondering when someone would point it out. Late night math is best math

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Unless the alchemists have now found the same number of elements as in Mendelev's original periodic table, so there's 60*2*4=480.

They said it was big, 480 new class variants is big.

:trollface:

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Atalkez said:
    Sobriquet said:
    all dual-wielding weapons at 1600cr each.
  • It's going to be denizen damage resistances.
     <3 
  • Solnir said:

Or this is all just to release elemental holobombs.

They are not going to do the "biggest" release on @Aegoth's request. No way.
  • Dochitha said:
    Solnir said:

Or this is all just to release elemental holobombs.

They are not going to do the "biggest" release on @Aegoth's request. No way.
    Aegoth OP. Other classlead changes, the devs just make a quick CLASSLEAD news entry. Aegoth? Nope, introduce the changes via world-changing events.

I formally extend an offer to be my high priest in my eldritch cult, Aegoth. You can holobomb anyone who resists my planned assimilation of this universe.